You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Step-mom Says Goodbye

Real Ghost Stories

My Step-mom Says Goodbye

 

It seems that most of my experiences throughout my life have been with family members and close friends. I honestly can't say why these are the only type of experiences I have. I wish I knew, honestly, because I am very open to the idea of spirits. But I shall get on with my story.

This happened about 22 years ago. My step-mom had been sick for a very long time. She had cancer that had metastasized. At one point we actually thought she was getting better, but she didn't.

My father called me one morning in December and told me I needed to get to the hospital as "Mom" wasn't doing well at all. I got there as quickly as I could. I asked her if she knew I was there and she squeezed my hand. After visiting for about 45 my minutes, my father wanted to go home and get cleaned up so I told him I'd drive him.

"Mom" had told us before she got this bad that she didn't want Dad there at the hospital when she passed. (Now, mind you he'd been at the hospital every moment day and night for the past week since she'd gotten that bad.) I bent down to kiss Mom and whispered that I was taking Dad home for a bit. It didn't seem as though she'd heard me so I said it again and asked if she heard. She squeezed my hand. I kissed her cheek and told her I loved her and took Dad home.

At the house, Dad showered and I sat in the kitchen having a cup of coffee and looking out at the pasture lost in my own little world; when out of nowhere, I heard my own voice in my head say "It's Ok "Mom" you can rest now. I love you".

Less than 30 seconds later, the pager the hospital had given to my father beeped. He freaked out. We finally found the pager he had set down and he called the number back. My step brother told him that she took her last breath a couple of minutes prior to the page.

I don't know if she said goodbye to any one else the same way she did me, but I think I was lucky. It was a real blessing and a memory I will cherish forever.

Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by Mel-D72

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mel-D72, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Pinaynay (14 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-06-08)
Very nice story. Thanks for sharing. I felt the love within your family and the voice in your head that you experience, it happened to me too after the burial of my father but it was his thought (not really voice) my father sent message through thoughts. May your step mom rest in God's care.
Mel-D72 (4 stories) (12 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2019-10-22)
Sorry, Cherubim, I just now saw this post from you. My dad had the pager from the hospital, my step brother called the pager. I heard my voice tell her she could rest and within a minute, the pager went off.
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-09-07)
That's a fascinating story. 😳 By hearing your own voice say, "it's okay mom you can rest now, I love you" must have been your moms way of thanking you for taking your dad home. Who had the pager at the hospital? You were saying your step mom passed away prior to the page, so that made me curious. Thank you for sharing. ❤
tace (37 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-07-16)
I am so sorry for your loss of your mother. May she rest in peace.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: