You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Loud Breathing

Real Ghost Stories

Loud Breathing

 

This happened to me when I was about 15. Our house is set up kind of like a "T". We have the living room and kitchen on two sides and then the bedrooms down the middle. There is a door that opens from the kitchen into the driveway.

It was a summer day and I was home alone; I forgot where the rest of my family went. I just finished washing the dishes and I took out the trash. We put our trash bins on the grass next to the drive way. After I threw the trash away and made my way back to the house I opened the door and I took one step inside the house, still had my hand on the door knob, and I heard loud slow breathing; like someone taking in a deep breath then exhaling it slowly. It was coming from the living room. It was different from a human's breathing because it was way too loud.

I slowly closed the door and just went and sat outside on the drive way. I remember thinking to myself, just go in there but then again, what if I walk into the living room and there is like this THING sitting there, breathing... Turning its head to look at me! So, I just sat there for a while. I don't know why, but I remember checking, like 3 times to see of the breathing had stopped and it didn't.

For some reason I was still clam, although scared enough to not enter the house, I just went back and sat down and waited for my parents to come home. I did not tell anybody about it until we moved out of that house. I don't feel that it was demonic or anything, like I said I was very calm and wasn't horrified. It was a weird experience and I just thought maybe it might be a nice story to read, although it may be boring compared to the other ones on this site.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hisPRINCESS, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Stezz (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
It seems a lot of people are dismissive. However, I am not. I am only 15 and I have heard breathing lots of times. Only in my bedroom though. I have been home alone and with people around. One time I ran and shouted for my mum but when we returned, it was gone. It has only started to happen recently but from a youn age I have seen black shadows cross doorways and so on. One time, while the breathing was going on, I heard my name said aswell. This is indisputable, I have heard it, laid in my bed and listened intently, held my breath to make sure it was not me. I have even looked everywhere for it. It sounds as if it was coming from a particular place. I would very much like to discuss this, please reply.
hisPRINCESS (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-05)
I told this story to my dad. But he told me it was nothing and made up some excused for it. But knowing my dad, if he did notice anything, he would not have told me. I don't think it was a ac or like any machinary thinge, cuss if it was I wouldve notice it living in that house for 5+ years. Thanks for all your input!.=D
deathandrosesparanormal (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-31)
I have had the same experiences. I have heard that "Breathing" coming from different areas of the house and even at times, from the room that I am in. I have also heard, in addition to the breathing sounds a "Growling" sound. It sounds like its gurgling and breathing loudly. Like with much force behind it.
markj7 (3 stories) (19 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-31)
When the activilty in my home ramps up, it starts with breathing. I wonder how common this is in the paranormal world? So far we have not seen anything causing the breathing like you witnessed. Wow, hope I don't. I enjoyed your story. Thanks for sahring.
kec92 (3 stories) (25 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-30)
I love you story, it also makes me feel a lot better when we were still living in my old house my parents would find me sitting on the steps. It was not because I was horrified I would like you feel calm when I heard something. I agree with the others did your family hear anything. Also could have been something else if not I have a theory. I am a certified nurses assisant now. Also studying to be a nurse. Well I watched people die and there breathing is quiete louder at that time. It could have been someone living out there last few hours.
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
Hey hisPRINCESS,

Something similar happened to me. And through out the history here in our house we did hear voices which were from that other place. It's freaky, I know, hence your scare to enter your house. Thank you for sharing, much enjoyed reading it!

Greetings,
Peter
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
LOL. I'm sorry but I've done things like that where my imagination is running wild at the thought of seeing whatever is making the noise.
thebee (18 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
Your story isn't boring its realistic, the fact that you heard breathing can't be disputed I mean you heard it, the posters before me are clever to think of alternatives to breathing like air air condition, what kind of breathing rate do you think it could be? Was it relaxed panicy or maybe loss of breath like a smoker.
Anyways good read thanks
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
One of My family or I had the simple same things like something as ear ringing like Dog bark or Phone rings and Also My Stepdad has thought someone call his name but It wasn't his wife *My mom* or wasn't me we three live in a same house but Sit in diffrent Place or could be Air container that you say breathing... But I do Believe you though:)
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-28)
PRINCESS: After telling your family about it, did anyone else recall any strange occurances?...One incident by itself is kind of hard to deem paranormal... Not discounting your account, just thought maybe if other stuff happened, it would be easier to make that call... 😊
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-28)
With whom did you share this story? Did this person have anything to add? This may have been paranormal but then again... It could've been a draft. I just mean that there is too many plausible explanations that haven't been discounted to say that it was most probably paranormal.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: