You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Breathing

Real Ghost Stories

Breathing

 

This story is located in my temporary house where my mother, sister and myself would live there because the divorce. But now I am living at my house from my childhood.

The temporary house was nicer because there were less bad vibes there.

One night, when I was tucked under my blankets and facing the wall. Like I always been sleeping. And all of the sudden I was hearing soft breathing.

Making sure it wasn't me who was making the sound I was holding my breath. And I was still hearing the breathing. I was sure that the breathing was from a male and it was at a normal tempo. It sounded like it was coming from across the room at my desk (which was near my door).

I was scared and was controlling my scares and I was trying to stay as calm as possible and did not move until it was over. And after an hour I was confident enough to move.

The next evening I told my mom about it and she told me not to be scared.

That night the breathing was closer and was angrier. The breathing was getting closer by the minute. I did not hear any footsteps just the breathing getting closer. After a few minutes later the breathing was so close it felt like it was above my face.

Like the person/thing was hanging above me waiting to move around.

I was freaked out of my life and was not moving an inch. It was like the male/thing tried to talk to me, but couldn't.

It lasted about an hour and that was the most scariest moment of my life. The next night it didn't happened and never experienced something like that again.

Other hauntings by Evelien2001

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Evelien2001, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Orangepulp123 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-23)
Gosh Evelien! I felt goosebumps upon reading this part "After a few minutes later the breathing was so close it felt like it was above my face." I can't imagine myself being in your shoes I might gone crazy if I was! Good thing nothing happened to you. I have experiences before that I just totally ignore coz in our culture if you just ignore them they couldn't get hold of you if you do then you gave them the power to overcome you. But this one hell no! God bless to you and your family... Please share again if something very unusual happen. Take care!
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-22)
Hi Evelien - thanks for replying. I understand that horrible feeling. I too had ghosts scaring me half to death when I was a child. At times it also seemed to me as though it was the entire night! However I was plagued by a few entities, not only one and it seemed as though they were taking turns to make sure that I knew they were there.
Keep well - Melda
Evelien2001 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-22)
Twilight1011 and JamTalkingGhosts, I would like to answer your questions after all. First I'm sorry that you had the same experience. And second: my mother was trying to calm me down and not making me more scared than I already was. And what do you mean when asking me if my sences was reacting to the darkness? And Melda it seemend like an hour, but I have had other times when ghosts would 'hang out' in my room when I was a child. And that felt like the entire night.
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-21)
Evelien2001, thanks for sharing your experience! This must have been a terribly frightening experience! I don't know what I would have done. Unfortunately, I do not have any idea at the moment as to the cause of the breathing. But, I am relieved that it only occurred on the one occasion or two nights and then, it was over for good!

JamTalkingGhosts, as you are writing an essay on a supernatural childhood, I might have an interesting story for you, but, your profile page does not have an e-mail address? If you want a little bit of an angle, I can tell you a bit about myself!
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-02-19)
Hi Evelien - That sounds very scary. Try discussing this with your mother again.
Are you sure it lasted an hour? Perhaps it just seemed like an hour? Not that I don't believe you but it seems pretty long for an entity to be hanging around.
Perhaps some of the other posters can comment on that. It is possible that others have experienced incidents that lasted for that length of time.
Regards, Melda
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (316 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-18)
I hate that you chose not to participate in the discussion. Hopefully you didn't mean to click that. But I had a similar experience of this as well. I was staying at my grandparents house one night (they built this house, and cleared out the land it was on). Their bedroom was towards the beginning of the hallway, and the one I was in, was at the end. I was trying to go to sleep, (I had no lights on) and out of no where, I heard breathing! It was right next to me! I did as you did, and made sure it wasn't me at first. But the breathing continued right in my ear! I freaked out and screamed for my Mamaw. She comes in the room, and asks me what's wrong. I told her, but she said I most likely heard my papaw snoring in their room. They don't believe in the paranormal. I knew what I heard, and it definitely was not coming from a different room, that was down the hall! It was right beside me. Luckily I didn't hear it again, but I never forgot about that. I was around 7 or 8 when that happened, and I'm now 29.
JamTalkingGhosts (1 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-18)
😨 that is probably the worst experience for a child EVER! And your mother seemes like she didn't really care, as if it was made up! I have a question, have you ever felt like it was just your sences reacting to the darkness? If you have then please reply, I am interested in the supernatural in childhood, I am writing an essay on it and I am glad I found this story, please reply to help me! 😢 😭

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: