You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: It's Been Happening For Too Long

Real Ghost Stories

It's Been Happening For Too Long

 

First and foremost; I was raised in a Christian family. My dad was the deacon in the church and we were there every time the doors were open. Also; I went to a private Christian school until I was in the eighth grade.

My mom has a thing where, when we move into a new house, she will go through every room of the house and pray over every single room. Forcing spirits or demons out of the house.

It all started the day that I turned sixteen. Things could've happened before hand but I don't recall any drastic things out of the ordinary happening to me.

Since that day, I have felt like someone has been following me. I will see random shadows walking past me or shadows standing next to me. Especially during the night time, it happens the most.

It started with doors opening and closing, lights turning on and off, and the radio being turned up extremely loud (as my dad and I watched the dial moving)

I moved out of my parent's house on my eighteenth birthday. In my apartment, I would hear noises, see the shadows that always followed me, and a couple of nights, I woke up to this shadow on top of me, holding me down, and felt like I was being suffocated.

I got pregnant when I was eighteen. Two months after my child was born, I moved back to my parent's house. I was watching TV and knew my child would be waking up soon so I decided I would run downstairs and grab his bottle before he woke up. As I'm downstairs, I turn on the water and hear a woman talking. I immediately turn the water off, run upstairs, and see the TV off and a blanket over my child's head, him still sound asleep. I am deathly afraid of spirits and demons so I took my child and left.

Nothing drastic happened after that until I moved out of my parent's house again. This time I moved in to a house with a close friend of mine. The house used to be her mothers house. Her dad had died previously and his ashes were in the living room on the entertainment center. (Weird, right?) A few weeks after I moved in, eerie things started happening.

One night, my roommate was at the hospital and I was watching her three year old niece for her. She and I were sitting in the living room coloring. (On the entertainment center, there was a lamp that we couldn't get to turn on for the longest time.) While we are coloring, that light turned on and I automatically freaked. I called my roommate and told her what had happened. She said that it was probably just her dad's presence.

I blew it off and went back to coloring. A little bit later, the little girl had to use to the restroom and she was scared to go by herself. So I went with her, as I'm walking down the hall, every door is open and light is on. I noticed it and shut all the doors and turned off the lights. As the little girl is done, we are walking back down the hall and as we walk past my room, there was a bang on my bedroom door.

She immediately asked "who's in there?" me being freaked out but can't show my fear told her nobody was there and opened the door to show her. It happened two more times before I couldn't handle it anymore. I took the girl outside and called my boyfriend at the time. I told him what was going on and he said he would come over. He comes over and things subside.

Lights turning on and off, doors opening and closing and pictures falling off the wall continued...

Two nights later, I, my boyfriend, and my roommate's brother were at our house and we were fed up so we decided to turn off all of the electricity and ask questions and record. We did this, asking questions but when we played back that tape all you could hear was scratching noises coming from the hallway from my bedroom.

Since we didn't get the answers we wanted, the two guys decided they wanted to play with an Ouija board. We decided to do it in my room since that's where everything was happening. They wanted me to put my hands on the board and I told them no but I would be in the room.

They begin playing it, asking questions, and get false answers to everything they asked. (If you don't know, you're supposed to say goodbye to the board when you are done) they didn't say goodbye.

After they were done, I was going to sleep and my closet door opened.

It was silent for two nights, absolutely nothing happened.

Two nights after the Ouija board, I was sleeping and my boyfriend was staying the night. As I'm sleeping, I put my hands over my nose and mouth and start to suffocate myself. My boyfriend was still awake and sees me and tried to stop me. I finally let go of my nose and mouth and start laughing. And then I woke up. He says that it didn't sound like me and it sounded demonic. For the next two nights, I couldn't sleep...

The basic doors opening and closing and lights turning on and off continued. They became a normal thing to me.

Two nights passed again and I finally was able to sleep again. My boyfriend who stayed up at all hours of the night was sitting on the bed next to me as I was sleeping. I randomly wake up to being choked and held down. I couldn't move. My boyfriend kept trying to ask me what was wrong but I couldn't talk. Finally it released and I immediately started crying.

After that, I couldn't take it anymore and I moved out.

Also, my son's toys will randomly start going off. He has this musical light show that hooked on to his crib and every time I would go around it, the music would start messing up. My mom says it only does it when I'm around.

It's been a year since then and I haven't has any physical stuff happen to me. Just the usual lights turning on and off and doors opening and closing.

There is a lot more little stuff that has happened, just hard to fit in everything.

I'm just wondering why this is happening to me. Am I possessed maybe? I need some answers but I don't want to talk to anyone about it because they will think I'm crazy or something.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kelseylove, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

christbeliever (10 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
well I don't have any clue as to what it is but if you are a believer in Jesus Christ whatever it is can not hurt you it can only try to get your attention. I am not saying to ignore it but instead if it won't leave you alone pray to Jesus do not talk to the spirits as that is what it wants and ask Jesus to take care of it for you... I hope this helps
kelseylove (1 stories) (7 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-14)
Javelina;
Once again; my child does NOT live with me. My child had never been to the house where the ouija board was done. During that point when all the physical stuff was happening, I didn't go around my son. I didn't go around him until I had gone to church and my pastor prayed over me. So there's no way this demonic thing could even get close to my son!
I am not ignorant. I put my son first in my life and would do anything to prevent him from being harmed, that is why he never came over because I didn't want to make his susceptible to anything.
Thanks for your input but I'd rather not hear it anymore.

Thank you to everyone else for your help.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-13)
kelseylove,
Maybe you ought to read over MY comments again. I never once said that I thought you had messed with the board or done anything to draw this entity to you before the one time your friends had used it in your room that you wrote about in your story. So you can stop accusing me of assuming things about this case that weren't in your story.
I am beginning to see other things that may be adding to your problem though. The question of your child being in danger? This is based on your own actions, as described by you, after the activity had already become a source of concern.
1) Ignoring basic common sense when it comes to dealing with the unknown, thereby possibly opening yourself up to anything and everything. Which in turn puts anyone close to you in danger. You do know that evil is never satisfied with'just one victim, right? It only makes sense that if you are under attack your child will be too. Any time you slip up, evil will pounce, and the more innocent the victim, the better. So by your own actions you endanger those you love the most. EVERYBODY knows this.
2) Allowing a Quija session to take place in your home.
3) Not insisting they close the board at the end of said session.
Now do you understand?
But you just go on thinking what you will about me, it's no skin off my back. I saw where this was headed from the start. If you really do want help then you'll take the advice that's been given you from the other posters and do something about your situation.
Good luck kid, your going to need it.
kelseylove (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-13)
Nothing has happened to him since that incident. He's prayed over every night. I think everything is a-ok with him now. It's just me it's messing with now!
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-13)
kelseylove: To answer your question of What would this demonic spirit want with your son. It's a demonic spirit, they have 1 goal and that is to hurt, and cause as many problems they possibly can. If this thing feels like it can't get to you, it just might turn it's attention on to your son. So having the pastor say a blessing and pray over him is just a precaution. It's better to be safe than sorry. 😊
kelseylove (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-13)
Javelina;
Here we go again... I didn't "allow" anything to happen to my child. Like I said before, I had not messed with a ouija board or any paranormal crap before I had my son, during my pregnancy, or after my pregnancy until I moved out of my parents house. Once again, when "I slipped up and didn't close the board", my son was NOT living with me. You are practically insulting me, insinuating that I am a bad mother who would allow these things to go on around my son. As I stated in the story, when the incident happened to my child, I took him and left! Maybe you should reread the story or ask questions to clarify, rather than jumping on me and bashing what I've had to say. Or better yet, if you don't like what I have to say, keep your words to yourself.
As for not telling them to close the ouija board, I take full responsibility for that. It was my mistake and I'm willing to admit that. Yes, I know the basics and I slipped. People make mistakes. As for your comments; they aren't helpful or enlightening, they are rude and not necessary so please refrain and keep your thoughts to yourself. Thank you and have a great day!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-12)
kelseylove,
Look, maybe apologies are in order here, but if you look at it from a strangers point of view you might see where I'm coming from.
From certain things you said in your story it was obvious that you knew a lot of the basic or common sense rules regarding the paranormal. So it was surprising to me that you thought just because you didn't touch the board while they were having their session that it wouldn't affect you. Is this a new rule? I never heard about there being any exceptions to the original rule of "Don't use a Quija board". AND you were there for their session, saw that they hadn't closed it out properly, but failed to correct them at that time. You have to admit that seems like an odd thing to let happen.
Like I said, you seem to know the basic rules that most of us agree are valid when it comes to the paranormal. So out of frustration maybe you let them slide a little? That's where you dropped the ball, right at the point where you should have said "No way" you instead gave it a "Maybe".
I'm sorry that I came off as rough as I did, but that's me. If you read any of my older comments on this site, particularly on stories where children were involved, you'll see the same. I don't hold back punches in those cases either, and I'm sure I made them mad too. I'm not offering any excuses here, just stating fact. I'm a mother of three, and if it came down to it, I'd kill to protect my children. In a heartbeat. So if you are relaxing the rules and inviting the evil in? Yeah, I'm going to call you on it. What puzzles me is that you let it occur at all.
kelseylove (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-12)
What would this demonic spirit want with my son?
Nothing has happened since the phone call.
I have learned not to show fear. Since the night I felt being choked, I stopped showing fear. I have done a lot of research on this and know that being scared is the worst thing to do.
alissa98 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-11)
Wow. This story really connects with some of my experiences. I would believe you were possessed as well. The demonic voice can really send chills down your spine and make you want to faint. I really don't have much advice but to try and ignore this. If it doesn't go away, I would get a pastor. Things could backfire and you never know if things will go right. But you won't know until you try.
Rashidah (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-11)
After rereading this experience I will have to echo badjuujuu and cosmogal here also. Contact JimD. He has a very good reputation on these situations.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-11)
kelseylove, I am going to encourage you to really take JimD and Badjuujuu's advice. I agree with dreamergal too and believe that something is attached to you. To answer your question of why it is following you. It can be any number of reasons. Like Badjuujuu mentioned your fear is a big part of it. Negative entities are attracted to vulnerability. Fear makes you vulnerable. There were a couple of instances in your story that might have had a scientific explantion, but you automatically became fearful and ran or called for back-up. Please do not use the Ouija Board again, especially since you know that something is around you. You might end up opening the door and letting more sinister things in. So in my opinion, I think you should seek out a professional. Having your pastor pray over you was a great idea, maybe you can even have him come to your home and do a blessing. It won't hurt for him to pray over your son as well. Being strong, and facing your fears is easier said than done. If you need advice on how to do that, you can talk to JimD he is very knowledgeable and will take the time to answer your questions. I also don't believe you were possessed, I would say it was some form of spiritual attack. Well I think I covered everything, and I really hope that you find the help and answers you need. Keep us posted, and take care. 😊 ❤
JustinEckert (2 stories) (25 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-11)
The way your post went it sounds demonic I don't think your possessed but using the Ouija board was a very bad idea. Even if you didn't touch it the when your boyfriend used it he established contact with it and therefore opened a door for it. Running away won't help either it will only anger it just keep in mind that the demon can lay dormant for a very long time but it will come back when you are emotionally weakest. Also if the violence started after your son's birth it may mean that the demon wants your son and will fight to death for him. If it doesn't want your son then it may want you. A routine blessing may not be enough but I would consult your church or a well experienced demonologist because my knowledge of the demonic is limited but I can tell when a demonic haunting is taking place. So please take care of yourself and your son and if the physical abuse begins again call a demonologist. Also one last thing if the demon comes back and you lose control of your emotions whatever you do do not challenge it, there is a 9/10 chance you will die. Just be careful and watchful. God be with you.
kelseylove (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-11)
Javelina;
Not once have I ever put my child's life in danger! First, I didn't touch a ouija board until after the things happened to my son and I. Second, my son does not live with me so never have I put his safety at risk. Third, don't you think it's a little unfair to sit here and say that I just "made up" these stories? I must have a very good imagination to come up with things like this. And I did share a lot of detail.
If you want to call me a liar or bash me in anyway, please refrain from commenting.

To everyone else,
Thank you for your input and advice. I truly appreciate it!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-04-10)
kelseylove,
Here are a couple of things I've noticed:
1) You seem to know things about the paranoemal, EVP's, ouija boards, etc... So why would you knowingly sit back and watch them mess with the board and not correct them on how to close the board?
2) Knowing the dangers involved with using the board, that didn't stop you, even the safety of your child was no big issue to you. I find that awfully strange.
3) Now you're "suggesting" you may have to use the board again because you want answers NOW. Nothing like showing your immaturity there.

Look, we read a whole host of different types of experiences here, and when someone really wants or needs help it's nice to be there for them and help them work through whatever their situation happens to be. But there are times when you can tell someone is either yanking your chain or just wants attention. I feel this is one of those times so I'm backing out of this one with a warning to you;
If you are really experiencing the things you say you are then try being a little more detailed in your posts here and a lot more considerate of the child you brought into this world. And stop doing the things you know are foolish on the low end and dangerous on the other.

I need to borrow that BS blankie of yours 510mot, this one reeks.
😐 😠 🤔
It's Been Happening For Too Long (I agree)
MarioChavez (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-10)
You are willingly falling into the trap which has been laid out before you by trying to figure out the modus operandi of these spirits. You need to simply ignore them and focus on what's really important- that is, your own soul which is the main target of these entities which are, in truth, demonic. If you were aware of the spiritual battle which is constantly being waged around us, you would realize that these are spirits of darkness, and that you can just as easily protect yourself against them through proper spiritual remedies, such as praying the Rosary. By further opening yourself up to them through the ouija board, you run the risk of making a fatal mistake. I strongly encourage you to listen to the audios I recommended and to make the right choices.

Http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/rosary.pdf
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2011-04-09)
Do not mess with a Ouija board. Especially since you are scared.
Some of your experiences could be construed as sinister, but most of them don't seem so frightening. Take a step back, honestly assess the situation, decide as objectively as you can whether or not something is genuinely deserving of a fear reaction.
I think it's interesting that you mention your family's religious beliefs. My family was pretty similar. It was either an angel or a demon, ghosts do not exist, and for me to have paranormal experiences I had to either be insane or possessed. I was pretty sure I wasn't possessed, insane, well the jury is still out on that lol. What I was taught to believe had me a basket case, convinced everything was a demonic force out to claim my soul.
So, I started reading, researching, and trying to learn. I found out there is more to the paranormal than angels and demons. Yes, they exist, but ghosts exist as well. Although some of my experiences probably were demonic, most were just ghosts.
So, from my experience, my advice to you is this. 1, try to get a handle on your fear. Fear makes even the simplest things seem sinister. Worse than that, if you allow fear to control you, you may attract something that you really don't want around. 2, learn. Educate yourself, and try to be as objective as possible. Learning what activity is associated with what type of entity will help you decide how to handle experiences. 3, if you think you just have to use a Ouija board, do it intelligently. Don't have a few beers and go sit in a cemetery and ask if anyone wants to chat. Find someone experienced in the board, who knows how to use it correctly. Respect the board. It is a tool, not a game. The simple fact that it works is why I tell people to avoid it. It does open a portal, it does invite entities in. Don't mess with it.
Finally, if you truly believe you are experiencing demonic activity, contact JimD. He's a good guy, and will help.
kelseylove (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-09)
Obviously it's not just the house and it has something to do with me. But I really want answers. I want to know why it is following me and I don't know how to find out. My friend wants to go to a cemetery and doing a ouija board to get answers but I'm just down righ scared. I have read many stories on people doing ouija boards and opening more doors. I couldn't handle another demonic spirit following me or messing with me.
JimD (431 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-04-09)
Hi;

I'm sorry this is happening to you and, no, I don't think you're possessed. I hope you hang in there. It'll be ok. What you describe, however, does sound like demonic infestation, boardering on oppression. I do counsel getting and using Catholic Holy water, especially on the beds and at night. Also, the phrase "Jesus and Mary help me" is very potent, whether said out loud or just said in one's mind.

If Catholic, I'd counsel frequent receipt of the Sacraments. Please feel free to email me at Dukes2352atAOL.com, if you require more info. I'm getting busy - is Easter approaching?
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-08)
You say you move out of your parent and it follow you? Maybe You only haunted not the houses... Just my sence.
MarioChavez (11 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-04-08)
Using the ouija board is one of the most common ways that people become possessed, therefore, it is no surprise that these things are happening to you.

You should listen to the audio entitled "A discussion of the Exorcism of Anneliese Michel by Bro. Peter Dimond" and "A case of demonic possession" which can both be found by clicking on the link I have provided. I also recommend getting in contact with the individuals who produce these materials, by calling them directly or e-mailing them with any questions you may have.

Http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/Traditional_Catholic_Audios.php
kelseylove (1 stories) (7 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-08)
Update::
Last week I was on the phone with my mom and while we were talking, a demonic voice came on and it was really scratchy at first then I hear the voice say "you're going to die" and then it went muffled and I kept saying "mom". She debt respond so I hung up and called her back and she said "what the heck was that"-- she heard it too! That day I freaked out and called my pastor and he prayed for me.
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-08)
Wow, scary and I can see why you are concerned. Sorry, gotta disagree with aloneimnot55. Yes, I think you were possessed when you were trying to suffocate yourself in your sleep. The symtoms are different for everyone, but doing that to yourself and not waking, and laughing demonicaly, plus something trying to choke you... There is something there not nice. Luckily, you didn't suffer too much. You were lucky girl. Using a Ouija is a tricky thing, and shouldn't just be used by anyone, without really knowing what they are doing. It sounds like spirits have a tendency to follow you. As nerve wracking as that is, they never really did anything to you. They may just be naturally attracted you cause you may have medium tendecies. Yes, it is scary, but since living with it this long... You must remain strong and calm. YOU are charge of your home. Prayer is a powerful thing. Plus telling 'them' if it gets to be too much, firmly to back off, can work. Don't let fear get the best of you. Like aloneimnot55, maybe talking to a pyschic, or someone you trust enough to talk to, can be of help. Hopefully, someone else will come by with more helpful advice. Take care and God bless.
aloneimnot55 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-08)
Aloha Kelseylove!

First off, I don't know why people think that using a Ouija board is some sort of GAME. How Parker Bros. Managed to turn that into some form of recreation is beyond me. It is the same as holding a full on s

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: