You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: New Home, New Happenings

Real Ghost Stories

New Home, New Happenings

 

We have recently moved into another home. The last one ended up having a huge bug infestation that we couldn't get rid of. During the summer it happened to get extremely warm, which meant A/C running on auto. So it was nice and cool once the A/C was halfway fixed which, in return, allowed these particular insects to come out and feed on us. So we left everything behind and moved.

The owners allowed us to break the lease, because they failed to inform us the previous tenants brought those in. They had failed to get rid of them successfully.

Now onto the new one. This house is much bigger than the last. Four bedrooms, huge living room, the washer and dryer in the same room. I'm laughing at myself for being so excited about that, simply because the former place had the washing machine in the bathroom and the dryer downstairs. Lots of work for a weeks worth of clothes to wash.

I don't allow myself to smoke inside the house, so my usual spots are either outside on the front porch, or stand just outside of the back door which is in the laundry room and connected to the master bedroom. (In order to get to that backdoor, I have to walk through my bedroom through one door and walk through the laundry room.) I can see directly into my room from the laundry room.

One evening I had decided I was going to sneak a smoke before bed. I was standing in the laundry room facing the backyard (my back towards the bedroom) when I felt what I thought was my oldest son walk up behind me. I feel their energies, all of them are different which is why I say my oldest son's. But within that second it took me to turn around, I realized he hadn't said anything to make his presence known. His normal thing to say is mother in an English style accent.

I turned around and didn't see him, but did catch a glimpse of a shorter shadow run from one side of the door to the other. So I quickly realized it wasn't my son and ran towards the bedroom and look towards the direction this shadow was running to. And of course nothing absolutely nothing. This particular thing has happened twice already.

The second time it happened in the kitchen while I was washing the dishes. Now we have a huge mirror in front of our sink, and that time I didn't see anything just felt it come right up behind me.

Our thermostat is constantly being turned down from 75 to 70. We set it to 70 during the evening so we can sleep good and 75 in the afternoon while we're all away. We return home to it freezing in the house so we check the thermostat and it will be at 70 again. I know that's not cold, but when the house has been closed up and curtains drawn all day, it tends to get cold.

The TV turns itself off at night. Only time it does that is when I decide to sleep in the living room when my back and neck have been acting up. My mattress is brand spanking new and I can't sleep on it half the time.

I have gotten a huge bang at the door, and the jiggling of the door handle so my husband asks who is it and looks out the front window. He saw no one standing there so he opens it up and looks out the through screen door. It's still locked so there was no possible way our door could have jiggled without someone yanking and prying the screen door open. And believe me, we would have heard that.

I told him (with my beliefs and experiences) not to open that door. If you see no one, leave it be. But he tends to get that wave of (protect and see what I'm up against) type energy flowing and didn't listen.

Thus all of the above happening after the knock at the door.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this.

Sincerely Spiritwaiting

Other hauntings by spiritwaiting

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spiritwaiting, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-06-20)
Update on this house. Sorry it's been soooo long I've been extremely busy with work, kids and life in general.

I've done a whole house smoke cleansing. Used floor washes and use some extra protective measures to rid the house and protect the house.

The activity has decreased significantly. Thank you all for reading and commenting!

Sincerely,
Spiritwaiting
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-10-15)
Whatever haunt is visiting your new home seems to possess a lot of energy. Turning down a thermostat, forming a shadow during the day, causing loud bangs and doorknobs to rattle, all require a lot of spiritual energy. I hope these are not the beginnings of a pesky poltergeist!
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2019-10-14)
Do you know anything about the house? Sounds like a haunting from a previous tenet. The reason I thought this is because you were saying the energy felt very heavy. Sure hope things settle down for you SOON, and thanks for sharing.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-10-12)
Lealeigh,

Lol yesss very very good exercise!
It was ok when I wasn't exhausted after working all week.

He did initially think it was like a knock and run type of thing, but when he opened the front door and realized the screen door was still locked and in place, he was kind of scared. I wasn't of course, I knew what it was 😊.

It's just the energy was weird, so I have been keeping watch after that as far as around the house.

Thank you for reading!

Sincerely
Spiritwaiting
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-10-12)
Biblio,

Hmmm you know the whole thing about the spirit being able to reach the outside, wouldn't have thought that. But good point.

When the bang initially happened I was kind of shocked, sudden loud noises send my body into a weird state. So I told him to look out the window but don't open it. He opened it anyhow, and nothing. He went outside looked all over (I know horrible idea!) and still found nothing.

But the energy I felt when it happened was very heavy, nothing like I've felt before in the house. But it also could've been from my being shocked by that sudden loud noise.

Anyhow...
Thank you so much for reading and commenting! It's greatly appreciated

Sincerely
Spiritwaiting
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+7
4 years ago (2019-10-10)
Greetings, spiritwaiting.

As you can feel individuals' energies around you, are you able to identify if the front door handle was being jiggled from outside or from inside the house?

I'm only guessing here, but you've experienced an entity moving about within the house; it seemed to me that the entity might enjoy playing with the door handle, too. If it was outside your home and capable of reaching the door handle through the screen door, then there's no clearly-identifiable reason it wouldn't be able to pass through the door too.

Just a thought.

Best,
Biblio.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-10-10)
Hi spiritwaiting,

I had a house like that with the washer and dryer separated by two floors.🙄
It was when I lived in Massachusetts. Good exercise.

Now you have a mirror behind the sink. I can tell you, I'm the last person I want to look at when I'm washing the dishes. 😜

I wouldn't have wanted my husband to open the door if he couldn't see anyone out there either.

It would seem to me that one of two things could happen because of it:

One could be that something would feel invited to come inside. The other one could be that someone quite alive was hiding in the shadow hoping to play a prank or something worse.

I hope nothing else happens.

Best Wishes and good luck in your new home, Maria ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: