You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Touches And Things Happening Around Me

Real Ghost Stories

Touches And Things Happening Around Me

 

I have some concerns about some encounters I've had, so I'm posting here to maybe get suggestions?

Let me tell you a little about me.

I am a recently turned 16, but have been having things happen to me since I was about 5. I was raised religious, but I'm not all that religious anymore. When I was younger, it was mostly lucid dreams, with me waking up with sleep paralysis. It was fine for a while, until I got older.

As I got older, I've noticed things only happening around me (Which is odd, because I have a large family). Light flickering and stuff moving (Small stuff). I got use to this, because I didn't really know what to do anyway. Then it moved on to physical touches. Not anything violent, but it wasn't entirely pleasant to me because it freaks me out. It mostly happens at night when I'm about to go to bed. Normally I'd pass it off as my body hair brushing against me, but it feels different than that. It feels very ticklish, almost electric, as if the touches are under my skin rather than on it. Body hair simply feels uncomfortable to me.

Sometimes it feels comforting and helps me sleep. Other times, I feel a choking-like sensation. Not like something is suffocating me, but like something has its hands around my neck loosely. It's unsettling, but I'm never scared when it happens. All of the above still happens to me, but I haven't had sleep paralysis recently. Just strange touches and lights flickering with stuff moving as of date.

I would go more in depth about the nature of this spirit, but those stories aren't allowed, I'm a minor, and it's incredibly embarrassing. So I won't do that. But any advice? Should I be worried? I'm not exactly worried because it's been happening for nearly half my life, but I want others' opinions. I'm also willing to answer questions if you need more information.

Thanks for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, baguettewithaconscious, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

The_Morrighan (2 stories) (44 posts)
+6
2 years ago (2021-09-24)
Ryanlessner111.

I increasingly interested in how you developed your various theories although psychosexual development seems to play an integral part. Please do let me know although refrain from assumptions and sexual innuendo if you will.
Ryanlesner111 (9 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2021-09-23)
I can't believe I have to explain this.
You are a minor so your a virgin.
You are more pure then the virgin marry.
The purity gives you a perspective of the world
That isn't seen by other people.
As a child and a virgin I was very keen to the spirts
Around me and I was desired by the spirts because I
Was a virgin and my pure blood was a key compound for
Them to regain the life they lost.
A virgin sacrifice.
However the only thing better than a virgin sacrifice
Is corrupting a pure soul and bring it over to the dark side.
If they corrupt you enough they can use you as a vessel.
I know this because I was possessed by a demon.
However given that I am a very will full person
I was incredibly hard to control.
Basically this ghost or minor demon wants to ignite
Your sleeping sex drive and corrupt you.
But as long as you have a strong enough will power
To keep yourself pure you should be fine.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+5
3 years ago (2021-09-06)
Hello Baguettewithaconscious,

Have you ever considered keeping a dream journal? In the past, I have suggested to a few people that keeping a dream journal might help them to get a grip on patterns that might otherwise go unnoticed.

I don't know what religion your family has; but, if they are deeply religious, it could be that they are reluctant to speak or admit to anything that might be going on with them. Just an opinion in my mind that shines like the sun.
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-09-02)
baguettewithaconscious, I sure hope setting boundaries works for you. I often wake up with bruises on the inside of my upper arms, I have no idea why they are there. I would be very concerned if I were you. I hope someone here has answers for you that will be helpful. In the meantime you can go to the top of the page to "Directories" and find a paranormal investigator if you need to. I myself use prayers and talk to the angels as well for help. I'm asking God and the angels to surround you with His white light for protection and healing. ❤ God bless you.
TheSweetDevil23 (6 stories) (49 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-08-15)
Hi aguettewithaconscious

The only time I got nearly touched happened twice in my life and those are already mentioned in my stories here on this site. I never liked those touches and I can understand to some extent, if not fully what you must be going through. For me, reading my buddhist chants, later on helped me and gave me peace.
I don't know how and what to suggest you to help, but I guess The_Lost_Voyage_11 is correct. Establishing those lines with the spirit is important and it's weird but I learned it over the years down the lane from a friend of mine who had faced such experiences as well. I read that you mentioned about sleep paralysis. I sometimes felt that maybe because I also had sleep paralysis in past few times, I got more tuned or sensitive to such presence. Be careful though and stay safe from both virus and such entities. Good Luck my friend!
baguettewithaconscious (1 stories) (2 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-08-01)
Hi Rajine
I'm glad to know you been experiencing something similar. It makes me feel more content, haha.
baguettewithaconscious (1 stories) (2 posts)
+6
3 years ago (2021-08-01)
Thanks for the response! I will definitely make sure to establish some sort of boundaries so I'm not uncomfortable. I've recently been looking into different cleansing rituals just in case. Positive affirmations seem to help me a lot if I get too frightened, so I've been doing that. Everything you have said has been helpful so I really appreciate it!
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-08-01)
Hi Baguettewithaconscious

I've experienced a few physical touches and it freaked me out and like you I've only experienced it at night when I am in bed, I believe that whatever it is, is trying to communicate with you for some reason.
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (233 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-08-01)
Hello baguettewithaconscious, welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing your experience! I understand these encounters can be unnerving and even with what you left unsaid, embarrassing. No need to elaborate, I understand, and know what you're alluding to.

It sounds like you're sensitive to the paranormal for sure. Some of what you described in terms of the lights and objects moving could be attributed to poltergeist type activity, you're at the right age for it.

As far as the touches, etc, and the electrical kind of feeling you're experiencing, that could be something quite different, since you mentioned sleep paralysis and the lights as well. I've read many similar stories on here and there were a few posters in the past that seemed to have far more extensive knowledge on these types of encounters. Have you seen anything at all?

From what I understand and have observed, ghosts/spirits have the ability to manipulate electrical energy, thus the lights flickering. Our bodies are essentially a biological electrical system/circuit, so it's not a stretch that they can mimic touch in this way, since our sensations of touch are driven by electrical impulses that travel along our nervous systems. I believe too that this can relate to instances of sleep paralysis, where the bodies temporary 'paralysis' is due to a ghost/entity interfering in the bodies nervous system responses. It's possible whatever you're dealing with may also be utilizing the electromagnetic energy of your body in adolescence to cause the poltergeist activity, manipulate it and causing objects to move.

It may be a form of communication, but I would advise drawing some boundaries, especially if it's uncomfortable for you and you're concerned. There seems to be some universal laws in terms of contact between ghosts/spirits and humans they are obliged to abide by, though this isn't always as effective as it could be.

You can try talking to 'it' tell it what is acceptable and what is not. You mentioned you weren't all that religious any more, do you have any beliefs? If so I could suggest prayers. You could try a cleansing ritual, I can help link you with one on this site that many swear by and is not connected to any religion. There are other helpful methods I could suggest, just ask if you need clarification.

It doesn't sound dangerous or harmful, but you need to be careful because a two way attachment can form and it can cause disruptions in other areas of your life. Being sensitive it would be good to reign in your energy as you develop your gifts rather that let other spiritual 'guests' use your energy for their own purposes of manifestation.

Hopefully this is helpful and gives you more perspective on the situation. Feel free to ask if you need any clarity. Good luck!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: