You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: A Man Under The Sampaloc Tree

Real Ghost Stories

A Man Under The Sampaloc Tree

 

First of all I want to share to all of you an incident that happened on November 16, 2006. It was my cousin's 18th birthday celebration in our province. I was at my cousin's house eating together with my cousins and some of their friends and my relatives, my uncle is drinking outside under the Sampaloc tree together with some of his friends, I think they were about 8 people drinking. It happened so fast, a man suddenly appeared. I thought he was also a friend of my uncle, then that man went to one of my uncle's friend then stabbed him three times in his heart, all of us were so shocked. I remember that I didn't stop staring at the victim until he fell on the ground. My mom quickly called the police station. The murderer was not able to escape because my uncle and his friends grabbed him and beat him up. The victim was wearing an orange t-shirt with a brand name of a clothing line printed on the front. I saw it when he fell on the ground. That was the first time that I saw a scene like that.

A year after that tragic incident we went to our province to visit my lolo's puntod (graveyard), it was November 1, 2007. It was around 12:30am when we got back to my uncle's house. Me and my cousins were not yet sleepy by that time. I heared my aunt say: "tara picture picture muna tayo dun sa ilalim ng puno ng Sampaloc" (let's take some photos underneath the Sampaloc tree). So we took some pictures and after that we browsed the pictures from my aunt's digicam (I was the one browsing the photos). I think it was about the 5th picture when suddenly I saw a man wearing an orange t-shirt (but the shirt is some kind of blurred image and I can't see the face of the man because it was dark), we just ignored it and continued to browse the photos. The more we browse the photo the clearer the orange t-shirt gets and I'm so shocked to what I saw in the picture. The orange t-shirt has a brand name of a clothing line printed on the front of the shirt. That was the same shirt that I saw a year ago on the man that was stabbed underneath the Sampaloc tree. I felt goosebumps all over my body and the pictures were deleted after all because all of us were scared and we didn't think of uploading it. After that night we came back here in Manila.

It was December 24, 2007, a month after I saw that picture we came back to our province to celebrate Christmas eve. To my surprise the Sampaloc tree is no longer there. I heard that my uncle ordered to cut down that tree because whenever his neighbors is passing by that tree at around 12 midnight they always say to my uncle that they can see a man wearing an orange t-shirt. Well after that tree was cut down I never encountered that man again. Up until now we still don't know the reason why that man is trapped on that Sampaloc tree.

Other hauntings by skelter

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, skelter, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

lovebugs16 (5 stories) (43 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-08)
seriously? I mean yes. This could be a little traumatizing but how could they put your story under the photos, videos and EVP section if you don't have any photos of it? I mean mejo nakakabitin right? And your story leads people to curiousity than having chills. Anyway thank you for sharing:)
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-23)
you deleted the picture because you were so scared by then? Really! Please! (making gagging sounds!) THEN DON'T PUT YOUR STORY ON THE PICTURE PART OF THIS SITE!
coverboy9001 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
these story is sad... Sad because the man was stabbed to death and now I think his soul is lonely
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
Wow, I'm sorry for your loss. I can see why that man would have stayed around the tree since he died so swiftly and traumatically, he probably didn't even realize he was dead. Cutting down the tree probably did manage to send the spirit away and I hope it gave him some peace.
red00292000 (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
hmmmm...november 16, 2006 exact date with me and my husband's anniversary... I was just looking at some stories, when I saw this date... So I checked your story...It's really traumatizing... I hope your doing good...
silver_surfer (22 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
it's sad that you deleted the pictures it would nice you send us a link of the picture so we could witness the ghost of the man with orange shirt that was stabbed to death: (
luce (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
Hey, skelter! Have you tried taking pictures on the same spot again? I'm sorry, I'm morbidly curious:)
plmchl_san (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Skelter, sorry bout that dude.

Pero.sayang! This could have been legendary... Anyway, its good that you guys weren't harmed or anything.
skelter (2 stories) (3 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-06)
plmchl_san: didn't you read well? We deleted the pictures after we saw it because we are so scared by that time...

Lilady4: I'm so glad that you liked it thanks for reading anyway
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
What a interesting story here. I'm sorry that you saw the incident, it must of been horrendous.
Thanks for sharing!
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
plmchl_san (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
hey skelter. Can you upload the pics for us? For proof, and for everyone to see? ThankS!
skelter (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
50ftqueen: I'm going to correct my grammar haha...
Nope the killer is just a neighbor of my uncle
skelter (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
well after the tree was cut down my uncle's family and the family of the victim give a prayer for him by the way guys thanks for your comments...

For 50ftqueen: it's not my uncle it's one of the killer is one of their neighbor...

For redphx: yeah I feel something strange while we were taking pictures but I just ignored it...
50ftqueen (5 stories) (34 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
wait, just checking, your uncle's friends beat the guy to death?
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
great experience. I thought it was a great story. It is very common for ghosts to show up in photos. Did you feel anything different while taking the photos? Like a out of place cold spot?

Way off topic but **MAY 7th Pacquiao vs Mosley**

Manny is going to woop sum butt. So exceited. Sorry thougt I'd post it here since this story is from the Philippines. Go Pac Man!
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
There might be some truth to what Unfriendly said. I hope you and your family take this suggestion to heart. The man who died at the party, died in a horrible way and that's why he couldn't move on. Just as a precaution, why don't you, your family or that man's family have a prayer session or memorial service according to your believes. This is done once a year in our culture in the believe that the spirit can rest in peace and move on.
Unfriendly (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
I know of mountains that gather the negative energy of mans attrocities committed nearby, perhaps it's possible that in this case it was a tree absorbed some of what happened there. Or maybe the tree acted as a spirit guide for the man after he died, thus with the removal of the tree the orange-shirt-wearing energy manifestation also disapeared.
HCFwarKLOK (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
Yeah, it's said that ghosts will generally stick around the place they have suffered in death most.
The story is rather chilling the fact that someone just from what I gathered, came and stabbed someone.
Goddamn! Good story by the way =)
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-03)
hi skelter its not surprising the mans spirit was hanging around the tree as that's where he was murdered.
And also with him showing in the photos the energy he would have neededhe would have been able to use you and the others energy to show him self.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: