You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Father's Hometown 2: Trees At The Back

Real Ghost Stories

My Father's Hometown 2: Trees At The Back

 

"I think that I shall never see, a poem lovely as a tree." But when the night has come to thee, the trees are not lovely. They are scary.

Now, I will tell you hauntings happened at the back of the house where many trees were there.

Banana Tree

This is the story of my sister and I about what we saw beside banana tree but in different incident.

This was during the time the 7:00pm habit occurred. After dinner, we were watching TV and siesta but one of us washed the dishes and cleaned the kitchen and the dining area. My sister (the 4th sibling) was the one who was washing the dishes that time.

We had a dog and her name was Princess. Our neighbor on the right side of the house had a light opened at night to light the backyard. The light partially reached to the back of our house so some part was dark.

When she was in the middle of washing the dishes she noticed that Princess was barking looking at the part where the banana trees were. We have a designed window wall that was level with your eyes when you were standing at the sink, so she looked also where the dog was barking. In the part where the banana trees were that were reached by the light, she saw a man standing and wearing his burial clothes (sometimes burial clothes in the Philippines was a barong tagalog and black slacks pants). She became pale, nervous and scared so she stopped what she was doing. She couldn't see the face because the head was covered by the shadow of the leaves. She went to the dining area and sat on the chair. When Princess stopped on barking, she tried to look again and the entity was gone. After she was done on her chores, she told us what she saw.

That also happened to me when I was the one who was washing the dishes. Same place where the man was standing and Princess was too noisy barking on the entity. But I tried to go outside to look very carefully.

When I was about near the star fruit tree, I became scared and had goosebumps because it was true. He was really a man wearing his burial clothes with no face. Then I heard a voice calling my name at my back. It was my elder sister (the 3rd sibling) and she asked what I was doing outside. I told her nothing. I was looking where Princess was barking because she was too noisy. And when my sister went inside, I looked again at the entity but it was gone.

Guava Tree

I planted a guava tree near the dirty kitchen of our neighbor on the left. That young tree grew with many branches because I always cut the new sprout when it was young to produce new and more branches.

The dirty kitchen of our neighbor if you enter at the back door consisted of a water pump on the left and the charcoal stove on the right (near at the back of our house). The wall where the charcoal stove was made of wood that alternately place so when you're cooking they would the back part of our house. Let's call my neighbor Tita.

One night, on the middle of her sleep, she woke up to pee. She used to pee near the water pump because their bathroom was located outside their backyard. The only light on that time was the light from the dining room and that light can reached her even in partial only. When she was doing it, she noticed a figure of a man that was black like a shadow and wearing a straw hat like a scarecrow. It was standing near the guava tree and facing our backyard. Then she tried to come near their charcoal stove to look closely. She tried to shout and said "Hoy!' to turn away the man but the man didn't moved a bit. Then she told to herself maybe it was the guava tree because of the leaves and the branches.

On the next incident, same thing that she did. But this time the wind was blowing so the leaves were dancing when she saw again the man, standing facing our backyard. She became creeped when the man moved like he will go but the shadow suddenly appeared like a bubble.

This happened, I think, 1999 and she told to my mom what was happened. My mother told me to cut the tree but I insisted. When they told me the story and I saw Tita seriously telling the story, I agreed. So her husband was the one who cut the tree because my father was not around.

See you on my next post. Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by unknownymous05

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, unknownymous05, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

unknownymous05 (12 stories) (16 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-12-04)
Hi Haven, Sugar and Melda,

Yes, that kitchen was composed of charcoal stove. They used to put it their because it's too smoky if it was inside the house. And about the peeing, she used to pee near the pump because she's old enough to go outside to pee in their bathroom. In the Philippines, houses with charcoal or wood stove don't have chimneys.
Anyway, thanks for reading.

Unknownymous05
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-12-03)
sugarANDspice - Where unknownymous comes from they have two kitchens, one for cooking and one for washing and cleaning dirty pots, pans, crockery and so on. From what I have gathered from reading stories on YGS the dirty kitchen is the one where you do the cooking. Please anybody, correct me if I've got them the wrong way round. It doesn't mean that the "dirty" kitchen is literally dirty.

I also gather that Tita peed outside the kitchen at the pump, not inside it. I don't like the thought of that either but nevertheless, that's my understanding.

Regards, Melda
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-12-03)
Sugarandspice Hi there!

I don't think that's the proper meaning of a dirty kitchen hahaha. Still you made me laugh 😁 😁 😁.

Z ❤ ❤ ❤
sugarANDspice (19 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-12-02)
That's so gross! That lady shouldn't pee on the kitchen. No wonder it's a dirty kitchen.😣😣

Love
S&S ❤ ❤
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-26)
Lady-glow - Your posts crack me up! I don't know if you're serious or not but I find you hilarious. 😁
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-26)
Unknownymous05 - interesting stories. So these different entities? Maybe they were buried there, did anyone ever dig around the trees? Maybe their bones are still there.
unknownymous05 (12 stories) (16 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-22)
I'm sorry, I have an error in here. "suddenly appeared like a bubble"- it should be disappeared like a bubble.

Thanks,
Unknownymous05
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-11-22)
I'm sorry but I cannot see the connection between the guava tree and the shadow.

I hope Tita the neighbour has began using the washroom to relief herself instead of peeing by the water pump... Perhaps the shadow with the straw hat was trying to prevent her from mooning your family.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: