You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Under Stairs Tripped My Mum

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Under Stairs Tripped My Mum

 

Back when I was around 7-8 years old my brother, older by one year, and me tagged along with my parents to pick up my father's friend and his kids from his house so he could stay at ours a few nights.

Everyone knew his house was haunted by ghosts but we all just ignored it. We kids would play hide n seek and tag/tiggy but we would never go close to underneath the house because that's where the bad spirit resided. The other kids would say that this spirit would push you and speak strange languages in your ear.

Apparently he had been partying with mates on a binge for 4 nights straight and this aggravated the spirit living upstairs. My parents said when they walked through the door there was smashed cups, dishes and cutlery all over the place with flipped furniture. My father's mate was emotionaly drained and wanted get out of the house, the kids wouldn't leave the room and it took a lot persuading until they finally came out.

While all this was going on my brother and me was still in the van waiting for them. Then all of a sudden the AM/FM radio started moving from left to right switching between channels, it keep moving we heard this bone chilling laughter comming from the radio. As soon as that happened I heard my mother scream as she fell down the stairs. My brother and myself jumped to the back of the van and hid behind some chairs until they got back.

The story was they were carrying a mattress down the stairs and the bad spirit, which sometimes would be under the stairs, grabbed my mother's leg and tripped her, causing her to fall. After that happened everyone agreed it was time to go so they just grabbed what they could and we left soon after.

Other hauntings by Fishallmighty

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Fishallmighty, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-10-25)
majarlika012,

"Break a leg" 😆
That strikes me as very funny even if it wasn't about good luck.

Laugh out Loud ❤ ❤ ❤
- Maria
majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-10-25)
This has been a very funny page, I may say. I find the comments worth reading than the story itself. Sorry not sorry. 😜 Now, I am looking forward for more stories you will publish - not that they're scary at all but, I want to know how you will write next. Will there be improvements? Will it be more coherent? Will it still be fantasy-like?

Just one serious question, are you, the least, trying to be like R.L. Stein? I guess I have to encourage you to enroll in a creative writing workshop. You have the potential. You just have to be focused more on details so you will not confuse your readers.

Break a leg! 😊
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-10-25)
Fishallmighty,

I've read both your stories and I agree that both are a little bit too fantastic and difficult to follow.

As you are only reading, may I suggest that you steer clear of the secret herbs and spices before attempting to write either non-fiction or fiction.

Also, I know why you weren't catching any fish. Try baiting your hook and not your rod.

Bring your matress and not even an offer of a Vegemite Sandwich? No Aussie hospitality at all.

I"m off to the park to sit on the blanket and eat some pot stickers.

Scarey Halloween.

Rex-T
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-24)
Hearing the voice of Miss Demeanour, Fruity Tanglin comes by with a platter of pot stickers and her special dipping sauce. Sitting on the blanket provided by Puff, the strains of 'Moondance' by Van Morrison fills the air. There's a large thermos of Bloody Marys to ward off bad spirits and plenty of toothbrushes for all.

Beware of bad spirits, particularly the alcoholic kind. They can also cause you to have bad trips and falls... 😉
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-10-24)
Puff Bayram climbs into the drivers chair and turns the key. The engine of the physicdelic double decker bus roars to life. He let's it idle for a few minutes while he checks the snack, drink and BS Blankie stocks (topped off as always 😉) He returns to the driver's seat and heads to the picnic area, there he turns up the sound systems, tosses a Large BS Blankie and Puts up a sign, complete with ballons,

'Troll Patrol gathering here. Pot luck for dinner. Snacks and drinks provided.'

Puff Bayram (aka Room Dygin)
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-23)
Let me guess... Your mother was the first one getting out of the house running faster than anyone else... All this after falling off the stairs?!?!
Oh, yeah... I bet she landed on the mattress! 😁
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-10-23)
Once again, Fishallmighty has delivered a mighty fishy story!

Biblio.
I'm ready to call the BS blanket on this and any other future postings from this fishy.

Who cares for some pumpkin in piloncillo and authentic Mexican 'pan de muerto' (dead one's bread)?
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-10-23)
Fishallmighty.

Once again, you've selected " I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion." I presume this is because you are incapable of arranging your memories of events into a coherent or plausible story.

"He" (presumably, 'he' = your 'father's mate,' because nothing in the intervening paragraph would make sense in this context) "had been partying with mates on a binge for 4 nights straight" and "the kids wouldn't leave the room." Which individual had scared the kids: their drunken father, "the spirit living upstairs," "the bad spirit," or *all three* of them? How does an adult go on a 4-day bender with his own kids in the house? Was alcohol the strongest substance consumed, or should we presume crack cocaine was involved?

Who overturned & broke the furniture? The drunk, the drunk's guests, the kids (this would explain why they were hiding from their father), the "upstairs" spirit, or the "bad spirit"? You present the data in a muddled fashion, so it is unclear why the kids are unwilling to leave whichever room they are in (you haven't specified).

Why in the hell was your mother helping them "carrying a mattress down the stairs" in the first place? They were going to visit you for a few days, so they needed to bring their own furniture along, too? Not the most glowing example of Aussie hospitality, is it?

You realize, by this point, that the radio is not the only one laughing at you?

Where's the Miss Demeanor? Rook? Fire up the engine! I've got Halloween party snacks in plastic pumpkins for everyone.

-Biblio.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: