You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Weird Occurrences Throughout My Life

Real Ghost Stories

Weird Occurrences Throughout My Life

 

Firstly, I want to say thank you for taking time to read my story. It will be pretty long; for lots of things happened to me that I didn't find the courage to talk about with someone else.

I'm not sure when all of this started, but before I get on with the story, I should probably mention that I had a car accident when I was 4 and half years old and was in a coma for a few days.

When I was younger (12 or so) I used to be able to know what was about to happen. For example, I was at school and had a fight with a girl in my class. We were walking side by side but not talking. I then had a flash where the girl hugged me and told me "I'm so sorry, I promise to never do this again". The instant I woke up from that flash, she did that exact same thing. During the flash it was like the world had stopped moving. Two weeks later I had a dream about two of my friends getting themselves into a huge problem and the next day it happened. I know how this sounds, trust me. I've read a lot of paranormal stories and I can tell true from fake. I'm not making things up. I also remember cussing at God when I was 4 or so (really nasty words) even though I couldn't have known that kind of words at that age.

Whenever I was alone in the apartment (I am 19 now, I was about 13 then) or in a certain room, it always felt like something was touching me and I felt a presence. For example, I remember this particular night when I was lying on the couch and I felt something touching one of my feet. I thought it was my dog, because she always had the habit of rubbing against our feet like a cat when she wanted to play. I remember actually telling her (my dog) that I'm too sleepy to play with her. When I turned around, nothing was there. I checked and she was sleeping in her spot, in the kitchen. At times, that presence was so negative and frustrating that I did everything I could to delay my arrival at home. I just couldn't stand being there. There was this day that I got so annoyed I tried to use an improvised Ouija board to find out what was haunting me. Of course, it was a homemade board, numbers and letters written with a pen on a piece of paper and it was morning when I used it, but I know how these things can affect you even so.

5 years ago we moved where I now live. I told my parents about my experiences but they didn't believe me. They are religious and stuff, but they're the kind of people that don't think things like these can actually happen to us, from all people. Things didn't settle down, however, but they got worse after I had a Ouija board session with a friend from school. This happened about 2 years ago, and again the Ouija board was homemade. Nothing moved, we didn't get any reply.

A few days after that night, things got worse. Doors slamming by themselves when no windows were open, shadows in the corner of my eye, chills running down my spine for no apparent reason, creaking sounds (stuff always creaked in my room alone, especially my bed, as if someone was sitting on it) and the presence that got much, much worse. It got so bad that I had to sleep with my mother because I had the sensation someone was bending over me or standing beside my bed. Also, I started having nightmares in which I was possessed by... I'm just not going to say the name, but you get the idea.

The last thing I have to mention is that in high school I had a friend that was very much into this stuff and sensitive. He told me that I was a reincarnated witch who lived during the Salem trials and that I could get my power back (which was fire) by learning the traditions again - don't know what he was talking about, but there was a time when I kept drawing a pendant and was very much obsessed with it. When he saw it, he said that it is strongly related to my past life. I'm sceptical about this part, but I'm very interested in Wicca as a religion, always attracted me. I used to do spells to help people, minor things like keep bad dreams away or protection.

Two years ago, a friend was really troubled because he felt a certain presence. Courageous as I felt, I summoned the presence on me to leave him alone. That night was among the most awful I've ever had. It was the first time I saw an apparition: an old man in an army uniform. Even though he wasn't speaking, it was like his thoughts were rushing in over my own, thoughts like I should keep away or else. Still, I was sceptical. A year after that experience, I finally revealed it to my friend. He then told me that in the house he had those problems used to live an old man, a veteran, and that his uniform was still in that house.

Please know that I have no interest in making things up, I just want to hear your opinion on everything.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cinnamon00, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Dan_Paranormal (1 stories) (74 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-22)
This wouldn't have been the first story I've heard where people have gained various "gifts" after a particularly traumatic accident. Of course as Hoodzy said there's always the possibility of PTSD. This can be very serious and it's entirely possible it could cause or contribute towards several of the things you have experienced. However on a spiritual side I wouldn't disagree with the statement that these types of near death experiences bring us closer to the spiritual world. It's fully possible in a spiritual sense that we can be brought closer to the other side in the event of a near death experience. It's like tasting a cake, you have more idea of what the cake is like after a taste.

In terms of what you have experienced, your visions of the future interested me. It's something I've only heard of rarely, but it's always greatly interested me. Some people in this world are sensitive to the other side. I believe you're quite sensitive to the other side as well and spirits seem attracted to you. Be cautious though, I think we always need to be very careful when we deal with something we don't know much about. We can theorise about the paranormal but I think there's a lot we don't know about it.

Thanks for sharing your story, I enjoyed reading it.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-21)
Interesting story here cinnamon00. I agree with the suggestion that you speak with a psychic or a medium, and read up on Wicca before you adopt it as your religion.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Gizzy (3 stories) (71 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-20)
Hi, I agree with hoodzy and cosmogal that you should speak to a psychic or medium to help you with this although you do not sound distressed by what is happening. I would also advise you to read some books on wicca (there are plenty on amazon) so that you do not dabble in something when you have no idea how to protect yourself.
I myself have always experienced deja-vu and whilst it is sometimes strange when I know what someone is going to say I have never been harmed. I also have feelings about things that may not go well which I just put down to a healthy sixth sense, as these feelings have helped me to get out of bad situations before. I always thank my guardian angel at this point. 😊
watermoon (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-20)
I really liked reading your story and thanks for sharing it. It possible that there a connection with the pendent to your past life but it could be to any of your past lives. An oujia board is not really safe to use unless you really really know how use it correctly. Good luck with everything
aiafaith1 (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
The others on this website will tell you this, but I'm telling you for myself. Never, ever, ever, use an Oujia board! Don't even think about it! It will bring bad stuff into your life.

About your friend, I've always been a skeptic about the whole reincarnation thing. I think it is interesting that he told you that you used to be a witch. People were killed for no reason in the Salem with trials, so I'm not exactly sure what I should say about that...

I have flashes too like that occasionaly. (makes sense, since I'm psychic)

Thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to your future stories, if any. 😊
cinnamon00 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
[at] geetha50: No, the slamming doors always happened with both my parents at home, but all three of us were upstairs while the doors slammed downstairs. Should've mentioned nobody could've slammed them, either. Dad went downstairs to check everything considering a burglar or whatever, but he couldn't find anything. The next day mom asked me if I was in a cemetery or anything like that recently, thinking that maybe I had brought home a spirit in that way.

[at] benn: thank you, I'm happy to hear that.

[at] Hoodzy: About that friend of mine, yeah. I didn't quite believe him either, but I have to admit he really got it right with that magic involvement part. I couldn't have looked for the uniform, my other friend (the one with the soldier issue) is living in Greece, while I am in Romania.: (
Those two events with flashbacks were the only ones I have, but I'm experiencing deja-vus all the time, sometimes I can even complete the other person's sentence. And I get bad feelings before something bad happens and I can feel when something's just not going to work out well. This helped a lot because I prevented a lot of unhappy events.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+7
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
cinnamon00, I agree with Hoodzy. Not so sure your friend was being truthful because from what I know about the Salem Witch trials all those people were killed for no reason. Those children admitted that they lied, and used Tituba's fortune telling and stories as a tool to act out and make outlandish claims. It has been known like Hoodzy stated for people to have a connection to the spirit world after a traumatic or near death experience. If you are sure of this, and want to pursue Wicca then please do all the research and learn everything you can first before attempting anything. You called a spirit on to yourself without fully knowing what the consequences would be and that could have proved to be very dangerous for you. For now I would suggest doing a cleansing of your home with sage to keep this spirit away. Good luck!
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
When you said that door slammed shut when no windows were open and other creaking noises happened, were you lone or someone else like one of your parents home? I'm asking because of two things. First of all, if someone other then you were the house, they could have forcible shut the door. My second reason, I'm asking is because if the things you are experienced are felt by your parents, they will start believing you.
benn (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
I really enjoyed your story, very well told and very interesting.
Hoodzy (2 stories) (16 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
I wouldn't completely trust what your friend has said. Some people are very good at using the little information they've been given to spin tales. Teenagers are especially prone to this.

Traumatic events early in a person's life can open spiritual doorways. But more often these events just cause Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, etc. I wouldn't leave out PTSD as a cause for some things in your past.

The first story really intrigued me! I know that human beings all have a bit of a sixth sense, but I've never heard of someone having visions at such an early age. Perhaps the car accident had something to do with it, perhaps not. Either way, it's interesting you had these premonitions.

Not quite sure about the whole 'reincarnation' thing. But it certainly sounds like you've got something going on with you. Could be that you're being influenced by a negative entity. Did you ever look for the soldier's uniform?

Since you appear to be particularly susceptible to spirits, I'd ask experienced psychics and mediums for advice on how to control what appears and what doesn't.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: