You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Scariest Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

My Scariest Experiences

 

When I was 10 years old I was living in a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom house. It was a summer morning and I was home alone. It was about 10:30 am and I had just woken up and when I left my room everything was perfectly fine: the closet shut, the radio off and the fan unplugged. So I went to the kitchen to get something for breakfast.

As I was eating, I was talking to my friend and then something told me to look up so I just casually glanced up and I saw this girl. She was about 5'6, brown hair, something that looked either like a sun dress or a nightgown to her knees, and her head was tilted looking at me. I screamed and ran out the door and called my grandpa. When we went back in there my radio was blasting, my fan was on, and my closet door was wide open.

We moved into our new house a year after that and everything was going great. Last fourth of July I was over at one of my friends house with a couple other friends. We where having fun swimming laughing and things. Well, when a couple of my friends went home there was only 3 of us left: Felicia (who was having the party), Britany, and I. We were taking pictures and nothing seemed too out of the ordinary, but later that night when we looked at the pictures again there was a face in my hair. And it wasn't a friendly face either. All three of us had seen it but when I went to show my mom it was gone.

After that my friends thought it would be funny to try and scare me and pretend Britany was possessed and I'm not going to lie I was terrified because of how much I believe in ghosts. Anyway, she threw candy from the bed on the floor and it created the devils face! And that's when Britany became scared and told me she was pretending, but she swore to me she couldn't have done that. And you have to believe my when I say there was no way for her to do that. She was standing on the bed and dumped the bag out. And when it landed it showed the eyes the mouth and the horns... But the creepiest thing was it was the picture that was in my hair.

After I left there I have not felt right. 9 months after that, this April, I woke up in the morning from this crazy dream that I was in the woods getting attacked by something and I woke up because I felt a burning sensation on my chest. When I looked, I had 3 scratch marks down my chest. But they didn't look like normal scratch. They looked like cat claws, but I don't have a cat! And my nails can't do that. I matched them up and they didn't even look close to similar! And after that, on that Friday, I watched ghost adventures, and it was where Zac Bagan got scratched in the back by a demonic entity that had the same scratch marks as I did on my chest!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lindsayanne411, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lindsayanne411 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-02)
[at] pendragon- thank you so much but I can't have my parents find out... They don't believee me... They just say I'm paranoid... 😕
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-01)
I would definitely go to your pastor, Lindsay. Ask him how you could get him to bless your house. It will help, I am sure of it.

If it is your good ghost, she could be doing it to get your attention, but if they hurt that badly, I doubt it's her. For her to be completely gone when the evil one is out, well, that's never good. It can be holding her prisoner. As odd as that sounds.

You can also try telling the mean one that you want to be left alone, and that this is your house now, not his. Yell it that you don't appreciate being so scared in your own home, and for it to pass on. Tell it that you will be contacting your pastor and getting your house blessed as well. I do feel that the mean one is just an angry ghost. It happens. Not everyone is happy about dying, I'm sure.

I can not stress that I'm almost begging you to go talk to your family's pastor, or the priest from the local church. I'm one of the least likely people to suggest this, as I don't follow any breed PF Christianity, but getting prayers said for my house and getting it blessed in the past has helped. You could also try to find someone who knows how to do smudging ceremonies, or even burn a white candle and take it through every room in the house, invisionung that that light is pushing out all the evil and mean things, and also imagine that white light spreading as a barrier around your house.

Again, these re suggestions, and what works per person is vastly different.: (feel free to email me if you'd like - my email address is on my profile page.
lindsayanne411 (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-01)
[at] pendragon- well why would my good ghost want to scratch me... And when the mean ghost is there she is completely gone? I mean is there something I can do myself like a ritual or a spell or something to make the mean ghost o away? Because the scratches burned so bad... And I don't think it was my good ghost
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-01)
Again, Lindsay, I encourage you to go to your pastor if you're still this frightened. He will be able to help you, be it in talking to your parents for you, or in blessing your house so nothing bad can get inside - I say nothing bad, because spirits that mean you know harm will still wander through. Only reason I know this - my dad got our house re-blessed recently (he is very catholic), and my good ghostie still hangs around.

The girl ghost could know you can sense her, and may want your help. Next time you talk to her, ask her if there's any way she can tell you what she needs to help move on. Maybe set up a tape recorder, and try out an EVP session - you seem like a smart young lady, so I'm sure you would be okay in doing this.

As for the face in your hair, I'm sure that it's matrixing. We'd need to see it to be sure (any chance you could post it?) My thoughts on it are this - you were already scared that night, about at your wits end, and your friends were snapping photos. Your brain automatically goes back to that night and remembers how scared you were, and makes you re-see that image over and over again. I could be way off the mark, but I'm sure that you are not being chased around by a demon. It could be one of your ghosts as well that you're seeing, but again, it's just a blind guess.

I'll keep thinking, I'm just about to run out the door. Keep us posted once again, and if you can post up that picture with the face in your hair, please do so! I would love to get a good look at it.

Regards,
Penny ❤
lindsayanne411 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-01)
[at] twilightgirl90- haha yeah I know I saw it and I was freaking out and what's weird is I got scratched on wednesday and that friday 2 days later I saw ghost adventures and it was where he got scratched! What do I do?!? I mean I have all the advice but is there anything I can do to communicate with this demnic entity safely? I mean the ghost girl I talk to all the time she doesn't reply or anything but I still talk to her but when the mean one is around she is gone...
😨
TwilightGirl90 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
ah man I love ghost adventures! 😆 I'm surprised you had the same marks as him though. 😕
lindsayanne411 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
okay for all the confusion the little girl wasn't in the kitchen she was in the door way in the living room (my house was tiny) and I was sitting at the table and it was something in my mind that told me to look up that's why my papa looked in my room... I'm not worried to much about the devils face in the candy I'm just curious as to why it was in my hair? And I looked at it a hundred times to make sure it wasn't my imagination and eachtime I looked at it I saw it...
[at] zzsgranny It wasn't me in my sleep because it wasn't my scratch marks... It looked like a cat came and dug its claws in me and moved down they werent that big but they were really sore,
[at] pendragon... I have a silver necklace with a diamond cross... That seemed to stop the dreams but I still have to sleep with the lamp on or I still feel that weird presence...
And I have 3 dogs and they still don't come in my room... They go in everyone elses except mine... I don't know what to do but I am seriously thinking about talking to my paster...
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
I'm sorry you were so scared, and seeing a ghost girl has got to be rather a jolting experience. But I'm more interested in these devil faces that you are seeing. I know that the human mind tried to put a human face on everything. It's just the way we work. I know you've had some scary stuff happen to you. But couldn't these "devil faces" be the result of your brain trying to find the scary and supernatural among the normal and mundane? Sounds like you need better friends. Why would they pretend to be possessed just to scare you. That isn't nice at all. That sort of thing could mess a person up. Like everyone said here, just calm down. Try to look at things logically. As for Ghost Adventures, and pardon me for going off of the topic; I totally hate that show. I'm all about ghost hunting shows but the main guy on Ghost Adventures really rubs me the wrong way. He comes off as a snobbish, condescending, closed minded frat boy. I admeit they sometimes get good evidence. So I try to watch the show just for that. But when I see that main guy's smug little douchy face, I have to change the channel. Okay, sorry about that rant. I'll shut up... For now.
Gizzy (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
Oh you poor thing you must be terrified. I personally agree with pendragons second comment and the advice therein. Go to your local paster or religous man and talk it through with them, they will listen if they have anything about them and try and help you. It is hard when parents will not listen and just dismiss what is happening but they may be trying to dismiss it so that they do not escalate your fears. You may also feel better if you have a blessed piece of jewelry as also advised by Pendragon. Man I sound like a creep! But the advice is sound it is up to you who you choose to listen to and you may even choose bits from different posters. You just need to find a way that works. Take a few deep breaths and relax I always find it helps.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
Lindsay,
Your story leaves me a little confused. You said you left your room, everything in your room was in order, and went to the kitchen and something told you to look up... Was it a feeling, a voice...?
You saw the girl, ran out of the kitchen? And then your grandpa went and looked in your room? Why did he look in your room if you saw the girl in the kitchen?
I know it is tough to get parents to believe you in these cases, but you need to tell your mom about all of these events... And you need to listen to her if she is willing to talk about it. I haven't been a kid for a long time, and I still jump to the wrong conclusions about some of the things that happen to me. It always helps to have a different opinion other than your own or your friends.

Lou
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
Hi Rachel! It's good to be back.:) I missed everyone. Kind of. Not the trolls though. Ugh.

And Lindsayanne, one thing I forgot tonmention that seems to help me, believe it or not, is I wear a simple silver chain with a Laramire stone charm on it from my boyfriend. I got my dad to get the silver blessed for me at his church, and it's stopped a few scary things from happening. Another story for me to write soon!

Best wishes!
Penny ❤
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
lindsayanne, don't be scared. Like zzgranny and Pendragon have said, try and make sure that it isn't paranormal first, before you "jump" to conclusions. It could be your eyes seeing what they want to, "matrixing" as granny put it. It is really easy to explain this activity with being paranormal. And welcome to YGS by the way.

Penny, your back! Was wondering where you'd got to! Good to have you back 😁
I a bit sad as I've lost my Cat 😭.

Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
I agree with Granny! Calm down, Hun. You'll be okay. I simply meant that, should you feel threatened by the spirits, that you could go to a faith leader. Something else you can do is lay down some ground rules, if you do have a spirit.

Simply tell them that you understand that they're here too, and that, should they knock off the shinnanigans, it shouldn't be a problem that they stay - I've told this to my own ghost, and he's smartened up quite a bit. I love having my ghostie around, because he makes my life interesting. Your ghost, should she come back, could be like Fred. He likes to disappear for weeks at a time, then he comes back for a while.

As for the demonic images, again I think granny is probably right - your eyes could be playing tricks on you, for whatever reason. It happens to everyone.

I'm sorry that Juju said you were lying.: (You never assume all your stories are tru, but that everyone else is lying. That's rude, and hurtful. Like I said, I have a similar situation to yours, so I believe and understand you.

Keep me updated - I'll help you any way I can.
Regards,
Penny ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
linsayanne: First of all, honey, calm down... It is possible that you scratched yourself in your sleep while having that nightmare... The candy and image in your hair could have been what is called "matrixing": the human eye detects patterns out of random images...

I'm not saying these things aren't true or that what you experienced was or wasn't paranormal in nature...But, we have to rule out other possibilities prior to deeming them paranormal...

Have you had any other odd happenings recently that would cause you to believe these events are ghosties?
lindsayanne411 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
i just don't know what to do because my parents don't believe me that a ghost is in our new house but its always cold in there and my 3 dogs don't even go in there even when I call for them they just stand by my door and look at me... What do I do? 😕 😢 😐
lindsayanne411 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
[at] renvolkov- no she didn't I mean there was times where my radio would get louder or my fan would turn off but she never showed herself again...
[at] juju92-idk what everybody is talking about with you but if you don't believe or what ever then just leave me alone... I'm 16 years old and I am terrified at what is happening and my parents don't believe me so I don't know what to do and I don't need someone telling me I'm liing!
[at] pendragon- I don't think the girl is mean though I mean I know she is there but she gives me a protective feeling... I have a reason to believe after what my friends and I did it opened a door to another ghost or in my case a demonic entity... Everytime I got in my room I feel like someone is watching me... I am 16 and I sleep with my lamp on I'm so scared to be in the dark...
Nyu_Nana (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
Ive experienced something similair.
Im abit of a pervert:o (dont judge me)
One day I were looking at some of magazines (guess what kind) when I got the feeling to go down to the living room. When I got there a girl with white hair, twin tails and red eyes where looking at me. I ran out of the house and down to my best friends. When I got back to the house at the time my mom and dad came home I found my Magazines burnt and some weird marks on my bed.
-Voilet- (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
That's so scary!
Once when I was 11 years old, I got this feeling to look out the window that overlooked the pool and the swing set in my backyard.
When I looked up I seen 8 kids in my yard that I have never seen around my neighborhood before!
5 kids were in the pool, and 3 kids were on the swings.
Then, all of a sudden their heads just turned around to look at me in the window.
I began to scream my head off and that's when they disappeared.
I was home alone then and when my parents came home, I was up in my bed under the covers.
😨 😨 😨
juju92 (2 stories) (41 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
ok now I might have been over posting stuff... About other'sstories but my stories are real... Why would I waste my time in this site like you said if iam lying
...and again iam sorry for being annoying... I promise I won't any more... I just apologize because I don't want to be that amircan rude college girl...
RenVolkov (9 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
You know juju you're right everyone has their own opinions, but yours are annoying. You almost always come off as well there are colorful words I could use, but it's not worth my time. But you always come off a close minded person that doesn't think there is a chance in hell that paranormal things can happen.

Every comment I seen of yours questions what happens to the poster. If only your "stories" sound unreal, unlikely and fake. It's like you took parts for crappy supernatural films and posted them here as your own. You believe everything that happens to you is real, and yet you question what happens to everyone else.

And honestly if you're always going to question people if they had these experiences then why in hell are you on this site? If it's just to troll then your doing a pretty damn annoying good job at it.

[at] Pendragon

I'm sorry to hear that you were a victim of this boob. Also you're right not everything is demonic by nature.
isabella8 (4 stories) (25 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
wow... That's some horrible experience you have got there... Well abour the scratch marks... Amke sure you apply proper medicines or that will leave a mark 😜 anyway... Stay cautious... ❤ 😉
juju92 (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
im sorry... I just post what I think... You might don't like it... Or like it... Everybody has differents opinoin right?
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
Juju, I don't like you. You are a troll just out to make people hurt or make them mad. You don't know yhese people personally, so you need to stop making assumtions. Please stop. People like you made me stop coming here in the first place.

[at] OP - 1) I'm sorry your story go trolled.
2) not all angry ghosts are demonic in nature. There will be a lot of advice that comes your way, and here is mine - go to the faith leader of your local church and explain to the pastor what has been happening. Most of them are understanding, and he will say a prayer for your house. You could possibly even get him/her to come and bless your house, which could really help.
3) I'm not religious by any means - I'm really agnostic - and a lot of the time when my friends or I have had experiences with mean spirits, we tell them to go away, and that we do not appreciate the harm being caused. When that hasn't worked, we do a meditative circle and envision a white light protecting the house, and another white light filling every nook and cranny of the house /apartment, and ourselves. Believe it or not, it does help.

I hope things get better for you in the future.: (
Regards,
Penny ❤
RenVolkov (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
Well that gave me the chills. Did the ghost girl do anything after you ran out of the room? Sorry my curiosity is kicking in. I hope you can forgive me for that haha. Maybe the girl ghost had followed you to your new home. You could try standing your ground and telling him/her/it to leave.

Honestly I can relate to you when it comes to the scratch marks and the annoyingly dreams. I've had the whole marks and dreams problem since I was 11. I actually started to sleep with a mirror under my pillow and it's helped me so far. All I do when I sleep and have the dreams bug me is picture the mirror in my hand and point it at the thing. It tends to leave me alone the rest of the night.

I hope that is somewhat helpful to you.

[at] juju92

Seriously...really. You do realize that Spirits may stay in an area regardless of being killed or dying there.It's called they're not ready to accept they're dead and/or they don't want to let go of their home just yet.

I have an elderly grandmother like spirit in my home and she died from NATURAL causes. And it's been nine years since I found out about her. So no Juju not all spirits are out for revenge. That's just really one side minded if you think that.
juju92 (2 stories) (41 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-05-28)
um hey are you sure you weren't staring in ghost adventures... Just kidding... Well that sound weired... And messed up like my thing that it followed me from england to the u.s...but I don't take it so seires and scary just relax... Maybe that girl died there or should I say killed there cause when some one get killed in some place they will stay until they get revenge... Good luck

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: