You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Scariest Thing That Happened To Me

Real Ghost Stories

Scariest Thing That Happened To Me

 

Many things have happened to me through my life dealing with paranormal activities, but the two things that I'm about to share were the scariest.

First let me explain where I lived. I lived with my grandparents and the house is right in front of a huge, old graveyard. When I was 8 years old (possibly younger) I was sleeping in bed with my grandparents. I slept with them every night due to the fact I was so scared of my room.

One night, in between my grandma and grandpa, I seen a dark figure coming out of the corner of the room. It reminded me of the stereotypical look of death. It came closer to me and instantly was in my face and I screamed to the top of my lungs. The next morning I asked my grandma why she didn't help me and she was confused. She didn't hear anything and neither did my grandpa. Few years later I find out my grandpa seen the same thing, from the same corner.

After that I seen many more things but when I was about 11 and I finally was able to sleep in my own room, the freakiest thing happened. I woke up in the middle of the night and there was a dark creature crawling towards the end of my bed to the right of me. I was frozen and couldn't scream for help and the creature jumped at me and disappeared. After I came back to myself and was aware, I realized I was on the opposite of my bed against a wall.

Thinking back now, I have faint memories of being thrown across my bed. I remember being in the air a few feet off the ground. If anyone has seen or felt things similar to my own experiences id like to know what was different or if it was any different.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ihavemanystories, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-14)
I just find it odd that you were screaming and your grandparents didn't wake up... Sometimes we have dreams inside our dreams, I wonder if that was a case of that. Never heard of no one hearing you... Right next to you... Is all.
Nightwish13 (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-12)
i agree with nectarvore... I have had an experience where screams were not heard by people right downstairs... When they clearly should have... Its in my first story actually which I just submited today... So itll be a few days before its up... But anyways... Honestly not sure what it could have been if it was a demon it would still be plaguing you... Hmm... Maybe some entity getting its jollies out of scaring you... I know that sounds weird and movie like but ghost were living people once... They would be the same in death more or less... But they can show themselves however they want to... Have you seen anything like it since?
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-12)
I'm inclined to disagree with the comments in this this thread regarding it being a dream or your imagination. I've had an experience where I was psychically attacked and I screamed my boyfriends name... He was in the next room. Three times and he didn't hear me. There are similar stories, on this site, that describe an omission of sound around an entity. Once, my mother, father and I heard a gunshot, and our dogs didn't stir. To me, your story had a definate ring of truth. Seems to be, once the entity has left, sound and it's normal laws reapply.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
Ihavemanystories - it seems as if you believe the cemetery may have something to do with the experiences. If so, it could be just a case of paranoia and your imagination getting the best of you. I think most of us can say we've done the same at some point or another.
jynnantonnix (2 stories) (21 posts)
+4
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
Given the fact that your grandparents didn't hear you scream at the top of your lungs when you were in the same bed, I wonder if the whole thing mightn't have been a dream. Is it possible that your grandfather might have mentioned his "encounter", and you didn't consciously remember it?

The other things could have been dreams as well since it seems that they occur when you are jolted awake.
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
Must've been one hell of an experience. Can you describe the creature more specifically? Just curious. Wonder if you still experience similar stuff. Hoping you don't. Take care. (:
-Shady.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
Have you experienced any of these now that you are grown and live elsewhere?
Jlobeats12 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
I completely agree, maybe if did some research about the graveyard in your grandparents house and learn whether the spirit is a positive or negative energy. This will help gain your control over the spirit. This is the most important element to dealing with spirits as they need to know you are not weak. The type of spirit also feeds off of the energy you give it. A positive spirit may feed off of sadness to help you and a negative spirit may feed off of anger. If you gain control of these then I'm sure you will no longer feel frightened. I hope this helps:)
Femaelstrom (1 stories) (56 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
I think that most of the terrifying things that are experienced by any of us that we cannot explain are mainly to gain energy. That weakens us, and strengthens the force that 'drains' us.

That may be why spirits seem to enjoy continuing their existance in places like theaters, hospitals, courtrooms/houses, etc. These are all places of high-drama, and full of energy. We ALL consist of energy, as do, apparently, the scary things (the unknown, which can BE scary). Knowing this, perhaps if we realize the more energy we exude will strengthen that negativity, maybe we can learn to channel positive energy (goodness & light) to counteract it, and weaken or eliminate it. Any thoughts?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: