You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Scariest Encounter

Real Ghost Stories

My Scariest Encounter

 

My name is Abhinav, I live in Himachal Pradesh, a small but most beautiful state of India. I belong to an Hindu family and hence we have beliefs in God, Ghosts and so many other things which we may not see or feel, but we believe in there presence.

It was winters of year 2007, I was 15 and was recently done with my High School. I got in to Govt. Polytechnic College, Rohroo in Distt. Shimla. We moved to Tiny town Of Rohroo.

It was first week of December, I was attending tuition classes of Math in the town. I used to get free at 8 pm, the my Dad use to pick me up.

That day it was snowing since morning, after college I went straight for tuition. At 8 pm when I left the building whole town was buried under more than a feet snow. So, as all roads were also under heavy snow, there was no chance my dad could come to pick me up today.

I decided to walk, it was nearly 5 km, but with the converse shoes that I was wearing, it was not easy to walk on that much fresh snow. Streets and roads were empty, there was no one on the road. It was bitter cold, I was all alone and was already too scared. On way to home there between was a section of road nearly 2 km, which went through the woods or as we say jungle, but that road had street lamps and they were ON.

As I reached the woods I saw a man walking in front of me, I could see him under the street lamp next to the one I was at. I was glad to see someone walking, so I started walking behind him that way I knew I was not alone and hence less scared. Also I was walking on the footprints of that man as that way it was easy to walk on the snow. After 15 minutes I realized the depth of men's footprints was getting less and less on snow like suddenly either the man was loosing weight or something was lifting him up. I found that very weird, then there is a turn on that road (my state is in Himalayas, so I guess we all know how single narrow roads in hilly areas are), where there was river on left bank of road steep rocky cliff on the right side and we were also walking on the left bank.

Just then I saw that man disappearing under the street lamp right next to me, as it was dark I was only able to see him under those distinct lamps. He wasn't there anymore, it was then when I realize that he was not a man, it was something else, something I always feared. I literally started to run as fast as I could, soon-after I heard squeezing of fresh snow, that spongy noise fresh snow makes when someone walks on it. Again I realized that I was not alone, there was someone walking behind me, I ran like I knew what was going to happen, I fell many times, I realized that thing was coming towards me faster than any human could have walk on 1 feet snow.

In no matter of time I felt that thing right at my back, It felt like that thing was gong to kill me. Next thing I realized a touch a very cold touch, like my shoulder was naked and ice was on it. I was exhausted and I fell on snow again, this time stun with the fear I did not had the strength to stand again. I started crawling in the snow, all wet and scared. It was then when I felt two very heavy legs walking over my body, again the same feeling like I was naked and that thing could directly touch my skin, penetrating my jacket and sweater. Next thing I remember, I was screaming as loud as I could as I watched that thing go away from me, I couldn't actually saw him again but just the foot steps on snow.

Then I remember waking up at neighbors house, they had called my parents. My Mum asked me what happened?

I was still shivering and couldn't speak as my throat was paining, I hugged my mother and started crying, not because I was scared but because for an instance back then I thought this time would never come.

Later our neighbors told us about an urban legend related to that man, saying I was lucky that I am still alive.

Thanks for reading mystery and pardon me for any mistake.

Soon, I will also share my few other experiences.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, abhinav, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Dip1904 (115 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-10)
odd, that its a small town, heavy snowfall happening and your father doesn't arrive to take you prior to the end of your tuition classes? 5km on walk is not a small distance to travel especially on desolate vicinities. Forget ghosts, our country is not exactly the kingdom of heaven where security is at its greatest. And also you say there is an urban legend. If your folks are strong to believe in being religious they wouldn't have ignored this urban legend especially when their kid is coming at wee hours... All by himself.
Normally, such occasion creates psychologically traumatised patients for quite some time... And the reason seems just. - I have seen one of them at least as my uncle works as a doc in a psyche ward. Not only you are lucky to be sane, you are quite vibrant enough to have a healthy chitchat:) ... Truly, as your neighbour said - you are lucky enough.
Anyways, there is nothing to challenge on - the story telling was indeed genuinely great and it has put on a good effect.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-09)
Dear Abhinav, first of all, hell of a story! Gave me the jitters! Secondly, please do not equate Lord Yama (Yamraj or the angel of death) with Satan. Yamraj is the one who keeps track of your sins and good deeds. He is NOT evil. Nevertheless, great storytelling (despite English not being your first language) and keep writing...
eric1966 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-18)
Glad you're o,k abinhav that was quite a scary experience. Stay safe 😁
abhinav (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-09)
At (ghosthunter)
Well, to be honest I really don't believe in religions. So I don't pray to any God.
Berides I also said that's what neighbour told me.
My family worships every God, I believe in our 'gram devta' only. Gram devta means like every village in my state hav its own god and goddess.
And if I knew what exactly was that, I would have mentioned it in the story.
ghosthunter9876 (67 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-25)
If you say that this man was what you said in your reply
Then I believe that as per my teachings of Hinduism nothing or no power no matter how powerful they are they cannot even come near you let alone touch you if you believe worship and pray to Lord Shiva. With Lord Shiva protecting you nothing absolutely nothing can cause any harm to you and you need not be scared of such entity because with Lord Shiva blessing you this entity will be scared of you.
MissAngie (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
Oh dang. I'm definatly glad you are alright. Scary legend o:
abhinav (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
to[MissAngie]
Was just posting the legend... Its in previous comment.
Thank you
abhinav (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
The Urban Legend...
Its not some hell of a story. In our state ghosts, spirits, Angels, demons and mirage's stories are very common and reported very often. Its like every scary place have been allotted to a thing (whatever it may be).
Our neighbor told us that, the man was never actually a man, he was never alive. In Hindu Mythology we have a God of death known as 'Yumraj' just like 'satan', Yumraj's men who are known as 'yumdut' (yumdut in English may be translated as angel of death) walk the earth to collect the dieing souls, so they may be sent to Hell or Heaven. The man was believed to be an angle of death and and there's also a saying in local language (which is pahari not hindi) 'the man (yumdut or death angel) will follow the man (whose going to die) until he takes them to where they belong, if ever human will refuse to go then yumdut will take his soul directly to hell'.
His shadow was reported by many before every major accident that took place on that very section of the road.
I guess I was'nt supposed to die that night
MissAngie (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
What is the legend called? I'm really interested. I'm glad your okay. C: that's really scary. I liked how you described the feeling.
abhinav (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
at[Javelina]
Your last line was quite funny 'Did the spirit pick you up and carry you there', No, oNE OF MY NEIGHBOR who had his store in the market was coming back, he found me there and carried me home with help of his friends.
And Thank you for saying I don't have a bad Language (English), It matters alot...:)

At[mrfear672india]
Thanks bud. And I will say nopes I don't think I was being lucky, That was very very very scary...
Yes, exactly even people with English being their first language have bad grammar... Heheh

At[geetha50]
Yes, it was not at all fun. I am glad I survived. Thank you very much...:)) )
abhinav (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
at[siri) Thank you very much for covering me, I feel like I owe you...:)
Yes English is my secondary language. Your an Angel ...:)

At[bbrave]
Yes English is my secondary language and we do'nt speak English, not even as optional language.
I totally understand what your saying.

At[Mabs_Sith_Lord]
Thank you very much...:)
No I did'nt fall sick after that, but was scared to walk alone for a long period. ❤
abhinav (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
OHH... I am so amazed, well I did'nt got any confirmation
Mail from yourghoststories.com about my experience being published, I just came across it tonight randomly.
Amazed to see the response...:)
And its my first comment evr heheh...
I did'nt wrote about that legend because I thought the story was already too long.
mrfear672india (106 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
Wow! Teriffic horror story.
You are lucky to experience paranormal and feel it will be remembered lifetime.but, we shouldn't be hurted.
Coming to your story everbody naturally thinks that indian have poor grammer.but,i should say one incident in YGS.
I was reading one story and grammer he used is very bad I thought he is from india and scrolled page up and he is from ireland.
Then I realised that I will depend on capabilities not from where we are.

Thanks for sharing man.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
abhinav,
Wonderful narration for English being your second language. I felt as if I were with you, walking along in the snow. I love the way you described the "squish" sound from stepping on freshly fallen snow. That was exactly it too.
This had to be very frightening. I was scared just reading through your account. The thought of someone just trampling over a person like that gives me the willies. The spirit must have been a mean person in life for him to be acting like that in death. Just trampling over the top of another human being as if it's expected. And you out there alone.
I can't wait to hear what the Urban Legend is concerning that guy. But I am happy you finally got home.
Now, speaking of making it home, how did you end up at a neighbors house anyway? Did you simply not recall how you arrived at their home? Or did you pass out after that creep walked over you? Did you crawl there?
OR...
Did the spirit pick you up and carry you there? Very scary. 😲

Jav ❤
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
I agree with the others; it's never fun to experience something like that, especially when you are alone!

Like the others have mentioned, could you please include the urban legend. Would love to hear it.

Waiting to hear more stories from you and your English is not bad and like Siri said, there are people who have much more worse handle on the English language when it's their first language.
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
good stuff... Do post the urban legend if possible, would be good to read up.

Regards,
Logan
Bbrave (1 stories) (131 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-15)
[at] Siri

Maybe it's just me but I said that his story is a little hard to follow not because of the errors but because of his grasp of the English language.

Also I can not assume anything about any one I do not know. So I had to ask to be sure
Siri (18 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-07-15)
at [Bbrave]
Well, considering this story's origin is India, I'm going to to ahead and guess English is his second language, but he certainly didn't make big enough mistakes to make his story hard to read...I've read stories from America and the UK that had MUCH worse grammar.
Abhinav,
I enjoyed this experience, it's very creepy! Could you share that urban legend with us? Glad to know you're alright after this encounter, thanks for sharing. 😊

This comment from Bbrave is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Mabs_Sith_Lord (72 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-15)
Thanks for sharing your encounter abhinav! That must have been a very traumatic experience! Imagine the sheer horror when the realisation hit you that the person was not human!

It is not uncommon to hear of encounters similar to yours especially in the Indian subcontinent. My father who grew up in South East Asia related to me about an encounter he too had with a spirit. He was studying in a college hear a forest clearing, and one night he had to go out to use the loo which was situated outside. As he was leaving he saw no more than 10 yards in front of him an entity which looked very human, but it was gliding along the ground instead of walking!

Did you fall ill for a long period after your encounter?

Thanks for sharing your story! 😠 😠 😠
kittymotley (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-15)
I would love to hear the urban legend, if you ever get around to writing it down.:3

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: