You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: An Encounter With Rodney

Real Ghost Stories

An Encounter With Rodney

 

I am 18 and still living with my mom until I finish college. A few years ago my Mom met a man and they are going to be married in July. A few weeks ago we started moving in with him. Immediately we noticed small things in his home that were a little bizarre. My friend that is living with us lost her car keys, which happens all the time but they usually turn up before long. It's been almost a month and she still hasn't found them. A few days later, I lost my cell phone and called my number to find it. It was in the top drawer of my dresser. I had never even opened that drawer so it was unusual.

My friend, Lindsay and I always watch ghost hunting shows because the paranormal interests us. So it wasn't long before we began joking there was a ghost in the house that was hiding our things. One day, maybe two weeks after beginning the move, we were sitting with my mom while she was washing dishes. She turned on the garbage disposal and it made a weird noise. So she turned it off and reached in to find a pair of keys belonging to another one of my friends, Grant, who had been by the day before. Lindsay and I looked at each other and told her our theory that a ghost was hiding our things. We all chuckled a little about this and decided to name the ghost. Immediately after questioning what we should name him, Mom blurted out Rodney. This was strange because she is extremely detail oriented and over thinks everything. Nevertheless, Rodney it was.

Since then I have begun to believe even more every day that our house is haunted. Last week we began officially living here. I spend my nights sitting in the living room with Lindsay on my laptop or watching TV. I've been noticing shadows out of the corner of my eye moving up and down the hallway while laying on our couch. However, when I look directly toward them, they vanish. For awhile I dismissed this as my imagination, which it could be, I'm not sure.

Up until last night, everything could have been joked about or dismissed as my imagination, but I am now fully convinced a spirit is in our home. I fell asleep around eight on the futon in my room. I usually went to bed at two in the morning but I was tired from the busy day. At about three thirty in the morning I awoke, laying on my side and facing the back of the couch, to a tingling down my left side.

The hair on my skin stood up and a few moments later, there was a very intense pressure on the left side of my head. It didn't feel like a hand, but it did feel like some sort of dense energy trying to turn my head toward it. I haven't had much experience with spirits so I decided to ignore this. It went on for maybe ten minutes and then was suddenly gone.

However, the tingling sensation was still there and I could hear noises in my room. It sounded like somebody was shuffling around. Papers were shifting and there was a light thud on my desk. Then at few minutes until four, it was gone. There was no sensation, my body relaxed, and the sounds subsided.

Until last night, I never really believed in Rodney, but I don't know what to do now that his presence is known. Should I reach out to him, continue ignoring him, or just tell him to leave me alone?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LeahsLullabye, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

goldduster (55 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-10)
thank you zzgranny it was getting very annoying to look at there comments I wonder if they actually worked for a tv show
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-10)
Here I come to save the day! Mighty Mod is on the way 😆 😆...Holy crap!...Not only are they posting the same thing, they're doing it twice on some stories LMAO!
goldduster (55 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-10)
they wrote the same thing on every post and they signed up today
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-01-10)
Rook,
Obviously, while the mods are away, the carpet bombing trolls play. Their sewing circle must have pulled an all-nighter last night.;)

Lou
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-10)
IS THERE A MOD IN THE HOUSE!

AHHHHHH! ANOTHER EXPERIENCE THAT HASN'T BEEN COMMENTED ON FOR AT LEAST A YEAR!

AAAAHHHHHH!

Rook
iownmylife13 (1 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-06)
Ok this is really weird and true. After reading this I felt this really weird, like there was this pressure on my head...
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
LeahsLullabye,
I agree with granny and Miracles. Rodney wants someone to acknowledge his existence. Sounds like it's going to be a lot of tricks in your future with this one.

Jav
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
The head stuff I don't get though. Do you suppose he was checking to see if he could step in? I have to agree with everyone else, tell him what you expect and ask your mom why she was so quick to come up with the name Rodney! Me suspects she may hath come upon some activity and not told you all just to "spare" you? Moms are like that.

Thanks for sharing and good luck! ❤
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
Has the rest of family have any of these experiences? Did you tell them about what happened to you?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
LeahsLullabye - I agree with granny. It seems that Rodney has found someone who realizes he's there. Ground rules are a great idea. Make sure you are clear in what you telling him. Loopholes LOL. For example, bathrooms and bedrooms, as well as personal belongings, are off-limits. Explain it to him the way you would to a housemate who you can actually see.

As for the journal... Great advice, granny 😆 😉
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
LeahsLullabye: I think Rodney just wants someone to know he's there... He doesn't seem menacing... You could lay down the ground rules, and ask that he not take your stuff... If he gets too bothersome, you can find a medium to help him cross...It's up to you and the other members of the household...

Also, I'm going to steal somebody elses advice and suggest that you keep a journal of all the goings on...

Thanks for posting!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: