You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: In The Dark

Real Ghost Stories

In The Dark

 

I was sleeping at my grandma's house a few days ago, and had tried to invite Kim and Johnny like I usually did, but since they both had school, they couldn't come. So, I decided to watch TV until it was time to sleep. I sat in front of the TV to watch, but then stopped, because I felt like someone was watching me. When ever I tried to do this, I would feel like someone was right behind. So, I sat with my back to the couch and covered myself with a blanket to make me feel safer. When I finally got tired, I turned off the TV.

I soon discovered that without the TV making noises, I could occasionally hear footsteps. I kept trying to be brave and just ignore the noises and go to sleep, but I couldn't. It was around 4 am that I finally just forced myself to sleep. I was feeling awesome and just about to fall asleep when I heard a voice. This voice was different from the other times I had heard it. Instead of being scratchy, this one was like...static. It also sounded evil, unlike the other times I heard voices. I freaked out and immediately ran to my grandma. I slept next to her for the rest of the night. The reason I didn't do this sooner was because she snores, but at that point I didn't really care anymore.

I'm a bit more skeptical about this experience because it happened when I was alone and sleepy, but I couldn't really see why my brain would hallucinate about ghosts. I had been watching Disney shows, for crying out loud, nothing scary. I'm not as sure about this experience as much as the others, but it did feel really real. Could it be that my usually friendly ghosts are bad, or was it something else?

Other hauntings by Sea_Wolfe

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sea_Wolfe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

cookie123 (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
That is interesting. Try telling it to go away if it gets too scary. I hope you won't get scared again.
❤ cookie123 ❤
Sea_Wolfe (6 stories) (7 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
AnimalAngles It wasn't a language I've ever heard 😕 but it definetly sounded like someone speaking
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
Lay some ground rules. Stand your ground and tell it some rules it would have to follow if it wants to stay. If you feel threatened then try and help it cross to the other side. I would suggest trying to see if you can get a medium to visit somehow to see what they say.

Peace
JustCurious
AnimalAngles (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
What was the voice saying? Could you even understand one word? 😉
Sea_Wolfe (6 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
Paige123 My grandmother lives right above me, there's no way to avoid it
Paige123 (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
That sounds scary... I would stay away from your grandmas home for a while or study up and see if anyone died in her home... If it gets worse get the home blessed! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: