You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Do You Want To Play?

Real Ghost Stories

Do You Want To Play?

 

A couple of years ago, my parents left me all alone in the house for 5 days. My sisters were also gone, so I was completely alone.

As I said before, I live in an old house, and the two floors my family has are structured like this: My parents and my youngest sister have the kitchen, living room (their bedroom) and my youngest sister's room, and the next floor is consisted of my room, a long hallway, my sister's room and two attics (I myself sleep right next to the big attics). Also, what's important to mention, my room represents the farthest point in the house (it's like a triangle-kitchen-living room-my room).Oh, and four steps link my floor to my parents' floor

The first night, I went to bed in my room, grabbed a DVD movie and started watching it. After some time I heard a heavy foot step on the first staircase step. (I know it was the first, because my floor has distinct sounds for every part of the house, and in time, I learned them). After 2 minutes, I heard the next step. And the next step, and the last step. I was already frozen. Then, I heard it stepping into my sister's room, walking all the way to the wall that separates our rooms. I was all shivering in my bed. Half hour later, I heard the four steps again, but this time, it was going down the stairs, and I also heard three or four steps all the way to the kitchen and then I distinctly heard a tray falling down from the kitchen bar. It was impossible for that tray to fall, as its place was always on the kitchen bar, not standing, but laying, if you know what I mean. I gathered some courage and went to the kitchen: of course the tray was on the same spot as always. But then, I heard steps going all the way to my room. I froze, actually ran to my parents' bedroom and slept there.

The next two days everything was alright, but as a precaution, I searched for my grandma's silver cutlery and took a silver knife and kept it close to me.

The forth day, I was in the living room, when I heard the same four step, only this time, they went straight to my sister's room. On her desk, she used to keep a silly motion sensor toy. The sensor was so accurate, that it activated (started singing a loud song) at the lightest blow of wind. The toy was some cubic shape, with a solid base and a small tree shape on the upper side.

Of course, somehow, that toy started singing. I waited for 2 minutes, grabbed the knife, and went to my sister's room. Nothing. The toy had stopped singing, nothing had fallen, the windows were closed, the cat was outside. Nothing. I called my dad, he told me to calm down, maybe the toy was broken.

After two hours, the toy started singing again. I went upstairs, the same as the first time. Nothing.

After 5 more minutes, it started singing again. This time, I went upstairs, furious, commanding it (whatever it was) to go and leave me alone as I wasn't in the mood for his silly jokes, only this time, when I went to her room, the toy didn't stop singing, it was actually on the floor, with one battery out. It couldn't have fallen, it was a solid shape! I ran to my room, packed some clothes, called my dad, he allowed me to sleep at a friends' house, and that was it.

When my parents and sisters returned from their trip, I told my mum everything, she took some holy water and walked around the house mumbling something. After she finished, she got really tired, with a bad headache and immediately fell asleep.

The next day, everything was fine.

Only minor incidents.

I will continue writing about things that happened in the past, but as you can see, I started writing backwards, from the chronological point of view.

What was that? Was it trying to mock at me? It didn't hurt me, and yes, I was afraid, but less afraid than I was when I felt it staring at me. Or maybe, it was just the same, I don't know for sure, it's been some time since.

Other hauntings by ioana

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ioana, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

WelshmanTrezise (5 stories) (12 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-09)
Well told! Hope you come out with more, I love this country, so thing about it, very sentimental and spiritual and full of ghosts idk. Keep em commin, nice job.
Your Welshman,
Trezise
Zeo (15 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
Hey,

I've read somewhere that spirits sometimes "humour" religious beliefs, and at times, Demons can/do as well if your "faith" isn't strong or existent at all. (Though they can't humour it for long because of fear, it also said. [Demons, not spirits in general]).

The humouring consists of, pretending to be gone when a house is blessed. Being overly active when a man of God enters the house (perhaps a Priest to bless it?) making strange religious symbols on walls and skin, such as the holy cross. Generally things that make religious people think they have power over spirits, it's a part of the torment game.

I agree that Silver is very well known as a 'Defeater of Evil' as such though, good point.

Great story, keep posting~

Zeo
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
Silver is a pure metal, and has been said for ages to have the quality of ridding one's person of evil. IE werewolves being killed by silver bullets. Long ago they used silver to make crosses in some of the chapels, and to be honest, I am not sure but they might still do it today. I cannot say that was your motivation, but I think it is natural to gravitate toward silver.
ioana (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
Gizzy, every time my mom sprinkles holy water, any spooky activity on the ghosts' behalf stops for a while, even for a couple of months, then it starts again. I don't think it's the property... Can a person be haunted? Because I've slept in many houses and I felt the same spirit. Or could it be just a clumsy Guardian Angel? I have no idea whatsoever. But you know, there are times when I feel he spirit, watching and so, but I don't feel threatened whatsoever. I mean, I know it's there, I even wave at him or her (I really think it's a male), but it doesn't frighten me.
Redphx, I don't know, maybe I've watched too many movies? I do know that steel and salt protects you, I don't know why I chose a silver knife. It seemed like the best thing to be done.
Thank you for your comments and advice!
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
I'm curious. Why did you decided on a silver knife? As opposed to a conventional steel kitchen knife
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
Eww, creepy. I really don't like things that start working on their own. I think that maybe this spirit just wanted to be noticed, and your mom's use of holy water told it that it was not welcome.
Gizzy (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
Hi ioana,

It could be a spirit that is attached to the property or a relative. Do you find the feeling in the house changes when it is about? Did the holy water and recitation from your mum stop any further activity? As it has not hurt or touched you it may be just a curious spirit I cannot say. I have read your other post to gain more of an overview of your problem. There are things that you can do if this continues and frightens you then you could contact a clergyman to come and bless the house. There is also a smudging ceremony you could try which is detailed on this website. When I asked for help the posters helped me with a link to a white light protection website which you can find on my story "that did not happen". Hopefully one of these will help but I am sure that other posters will help further. Let us now of any other happenings and also if you try any of the suggestions. I am not going to say that this is in your head but when you are alone you become much more susceptible to noises simply because the day to day noises of family drown out any other noises. Good story very spooky.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: