You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: They Took Me Out To Play

Real Ghost Stories

They Took Me Out To Play

 

The story I'm about to tell is something that had happened to me personally when I was a baby. Mom told me all about what had happened. It was 1985, and I was just a few months old. Mom had taken us, that's me, my big sister and my two older brothers back to her hometown. The one from my previous story.

So there we were, in my grandparents house. Along with my aunt and uncles and cousins. Everybody was so happy to receive a new family member. I was born 10 years apart from my big sister so these were like big news to the whole family. That makes my grandparents loved me so much that they insisted that we lived with them as my dad was still in the army.

One afternoon after mom breastfeeding me on the bed, she fell asleep with me on her side. After a while she woke up due to not finding me next to her. She was wondering if my brothers had taken me. She went outside to the living room and saw my brothers and sister were also asleep and I was not with them. The she went to ask if grandma took me or not. She was also surprised as she was busy preparing for lunch.

My mom woke up my siblings and ask them about me. They said they never took me because they know not to bother me until I'm old enough to play with them. Mom and grandma worried and started to panic. Grandpa came home and join on being panic also. They start to look around the house and I was not to be found. They were worried sick thinking that I could be kidnaped as the house was so easy to break into.

After a few hours searching, my mom suddenly hear a faint sound of me crying. She traced it back to our room. She look around but still didn't find me. The she got the urge to look under the bed. There I was, laying in the middle under the bed. It was kind of an old style of bed with poles and curtain type. So there was space under the bed.

She took me out from under there and hold me tight to calm me down. They felt how strange it was for me to be under the bed. How did I come to be there? Did I rolled by myself and landed down and rolled under the bed? If I did, I would be crying loud if I fell down the high bed. Mom would have notice that. And couldn't be rolling by myself as I was still wrapped in my blanket and it was tight. Mom did that to prevent me from moving about. My brothers promised that they would never touch me or they would get it with hard from grandpa as he was a very scary man.

But mom was very glad nothing bad happen to me. Untill now she never knew what truly happened.

Grandma sometimes jokingly tells us stories that very close to the house there is another village. It was in another world, similar to our world. They live in the same time as us. Only that they can see us but we can't see them. We all just lough thinking that its just some stories elders telling just to scare us to be more respectful for our surroundings.

But to me maybe some stories they tell tend to be true for some reason.

Mom used to tell me that she thinks that perhaps, maybe those peoples from the "other village" came by to play with me. Maybe they took me a while to play with. And then put me back under the bed.

I sort of beleived the story a bit. My oldest brother once said to me that us siblings were very special. Till now, I still have a feeling of "other peoples" around me. Sometimes I can hear peoples chatering close by except that nobody was around.

Well, that's it for now. I will write more stories later on. Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by BART43

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BART43, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BART43 (5 stories) (21 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-11)
Thanks ajonverge.
No. After the incident, nothing happened to me. Well not to me. Maybe to other family members it did. I'll tell them in another stories. When I came back to visits her, she was living alone. I slept there a night or two sometimes. I still get the vibes in the house, the areas nearby. Well I might be just scared. The house was surounded by small forest. At that time nothing strange happen anymore.
ajonverge (6 stories) (84 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-11)
Oh man. You said your mom checked under the bed and didn't find you first. And then she did. Thats really strange. You said that you have been visiting your grandparents home until your teenage years. Have you felt something strange after that incident in the subsequent years. Anyway, glad you were back. Peace.
BART43 (5 stories) (21 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-10)
Thanks jubeelee.
I will say yes they have. My dad saw them once. My grandma had encounter them few times herself. After my grandpa died, she lives alone in the house. I always comes by myself to kept her company and slept in the same room until she died. I got a bad feeling everytime I was alone in the house.
Well maybe its just a feeling.
Anyway, thanks.
BART43 (5 stories) (21 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-10)
Thanks for the thoughts lady glow.
As the matter of facts, that couldn't had happened. I remembered precisely the layout of the bed because my grandparents kept all the rooms in the house the same way until the house was tore down after they died.
It was in the middle of the room, far away from any door or window, and the bed was quite high than a normal bed like a realy old one as it was selfmade. I remembered cause I used to sleep on them until I reach a teenager.
And I ask my mom why she didn't look first under the bed. She said she already did. After she didn't find me anywhere in the room then she came outside to look. She thought that my brothers were playing pranks on her. She said that I was a cryer when I was baby. If someone even disturb my sleep I would started to cry very loud.
Yes there has been stories of missing kids in the village. Like a paranormal disapearances. Maybe I will tell them later.
Many had happened in the house, near the house, in the village to my parents and also my grandparents.
Anyway, thanks for the read. 😊
Jubeele (25 stories) (885 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-10)
Hi Bart, how frightening for your mother to find you missing. Regardless of the cause, I'm relieved that you were found safe and happy, and now able to share that experience with us.

Have you or your family have any encounters with the people from this otherworld village. That's sounds really interesting... 😆
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-10)
BART43 - interesting read. To tell you the truth, I think the first place your mother should have checked was under the bed, babies can be very mobile and it is possible that you rolled over, got tangled in the curtain, and later landed softly on the ground. Or perhaps she pushed you towards the curtain in her sleep and she didn't remember doing it.

Do you know of any other cases of disappearing/reappearing babies in the house or in the community? If not, it's more likely that this was a very scary situation but not a paranormal one.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: