You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Invisible Stalker?

Real Ghost Stories

Invisible Stalker?

 

This is my first year up in Marquette and I always like to know if the town I'm living in is haunted or has haunted places to visit. I did my research and found a couple places that are haunted. One of those places is the NMU college that I'm currently attending. I read about the stories and got a little spooked since I was in my dorm room by myself.

While I was reading the stories my roommates bookshelf fell over. This normally happens so I thought nothing of it and picked up everything (remember this).

I decided to go to my friend's house which is about two miles away from campus. It was cold out so I figured I would drive there. As I'm walking to my car, I hear footsteps coming from behind me. My first thought was that it was another student walking to their car. But these steps got closer and closer and closer until I got nervous and turned around, no one was there. I freaked, ran to my car, locked the doors, and drove off. Everything was fine during the drive to my friends house and during the time I was there. I didn't tell them what I experienced since I didn't want to make it a big deal.

After spending some time with them, I decided to leave since it was a school night (this is where it gets creepy). Instead of walking to my car this time, I immediately ran to my car and locked the doors. Across from where I parked was a gas station. At that gas station there was a person sitting by the doors that go into the gas station. The person was wearing all black with their head down. Warning bells were ringing in my head and the little voice in my head was also saying "Go go go! Start your damn car!" I listened to those instincts and drove off.

For the first mile there was no cars and no one walking around. Then, out of nowhere a person pops up in front of me, also. Wearing. All. Black. I act normal and keep driving towards the person until I'm roughly 40 feet away and they decide to cross the street! I slam on my breaks as they take their time crossing. At this point I wasn't even thinking about paranormal stuff. I was just pissed off that someone decided at the last minute to cross the street.

I finally arrive at campus and go to every parking lot near my dorm, then farther parking lots, and eventually realize there's no parking spots; like usual... I park on a side street and start walking to campus. It was roughly a seven minute walk to my hall, so I picked up the pace, walking a little bit faster. I'm about halfway to the dorms when I hear someone say "hello". I immediately do a 360 to see where that "hello" came from. In my head I was thinking it was coming from a person in their house or from a car parked in the lot I was walking pass. Nope, neither. With everything that had already happened, I clutched my pepper spray and ran to my dorm.

As I'm closing in on my hall I check to make sure no one was behind me just in case I was being stalked. Praying that I won't see anything, I end up seeing a dark figure coming right at me closing the gap between us. I struggle to open the door and feel as if I'm paralyzed in fear. The hairs on the back of my neck stand up when I feel heavy breathing. I don't bother looking back again and open the door to my hall. As soon as I step inside I feel safe. I make it to my dorm and drop all my stuff on the floor and lay on my futon. I go to pick up my phone and out of the corner of my eye, I see the bookshelf knocked over. But this time only the books were off the shelfs... The shelf was still standing upright.

To this day only the books fall of the shelf at random and I constantly feel like I'm being watched. I have never truly believed in ghosts. I was only interested in reading stories and never thought I would be writing my own experience. I want to believe that it was all a dream, but it was very much real.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, giannaoco, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

JamesF (2 stories) (7 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-03-05)
The Upper Peninsula has plenty of history and is very spiritually active. Wars, shipwrecks, a Native American presence, and the logging industry. The Great Lakes Shipwreck museum on Whitefish Point is very active.
svishal121 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-02-20)
I really don't understand why the books falls by itself. 😕 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: