You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Invisible Fiend

Real Ghost Stories

The Invisible Fiend

 

Before I start with the story, I just want to say that until this incident, I was a sceptic just like the rest of my family. This happened I was 9 and we moved into 3-bedroom apartment (I got the smallest room because I was the youngest). It started on the very first night of moving in. When we went to bed, I was excited to sleep in my new room. I had only lain in my bed for about a minute when I started hearing a scraping noise which seemed to be coming from near the door. The best I can describe it is that it sounded like someone scraping their bare feet against the carpet.

I was freaked out, so I sat up and looked over to where it seemed to be coming from but nothing was there. It had stopped. I lay back down and dismissed it as my imagination but almost immediately it started to happen again. This time I didn't bother as I convinced myself it must just be my parents (who were still awake, sorting out the bags). The next night, the exact same thing happened and I noticed that when I looked over it would stop but as soon I would lie back down it would continue.

Every night, this happened until it became a regular thing. I told my parents but they just laughed and told me that it's probably the pipes or something, which I found hard to believe. Next, I started getting the feeling of being watched, mostly at night. Then we kept having power fluctuations as well as other weird things like the TV turning on and off randomly. Another creepy thing that happened about once a month was that someone would knock at the door when corridor lights would be off and you could see someone's feet at the bottom of the door for while until it would just stop.

This all went on for about 6 months (By now I was 10) until one night, I was really tired and I was constantly being disturbed by the scraping noise. I got so fed up that I mustered up enough courage to say 'Just stop' aloud. Unexpectedly, it actually stopped. At that time I was just grateful and went to sleep. When I woke up, the more I thought about, the more creeped out I was because of the fact that there must have been something as it did what I said. After that, all the creepy things that I mentioned in the second paragraph stopped. I'm now 19 and I haven't experienced anything weird since but I do still believe in ghosts.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NitroFuel765, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

NitroFuel765 (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-07-07)
Hi SassyCat

Yeah, I do still believe in ghosts and it did give me a spiritual awakening although It was kind of frustrating that nobody seemed to believe me. Mostly I am just happy that I encountered a good entity rather than a malevolent demon 😁.
SassyCat (2 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-05-11)
You're lucky to have encountered such a benevolent entity. I'm glad that you started believing at an early age, it must have changed your way of looking at life.
NitroFuel765 (1 stories) (8 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-04-27)
Sorry cinnamonchillz, my email isn't working properly at the moment. We will have to use this website to communicate.
NitroFuel765 (1 stories) (8 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-04-27)
Hi cinnamonchillz,

Thank you for your praise. Even to this day, I have no idea how I was brave enough to tell it to stop. I would happy for you to share my experience. Please reply to this comment for further information.

(Sorry I didn't reply to this earlier, I was busy)
NitroFuel765 (1 stories) (8 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-04-27)
Hi, Haven

I agree because even though I found it scary, I never actually felt threatened but being a kid I just got freaked out and didn't think rationally.
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-04-23)
Hi, NitroFuel765 -

I get the feeling this was the spirit of a child. A child that probably just wanted to play with another child. Also, a child with manners because it stopped as soon as you told it to.

Thanks for sharing.
cinnamonchillz (2 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-04-22)
Hi NitroFuel765. I really liked your story. The fact that you go the courage to say, "stop" and it worked can be really valuable for others experiencing something similar. Thank you for sharing! I am actually starting a real-life ghost stories podcast, and I was wondering if you would mind if I shared your experience on one of my first podcasts? Please email me at ghostlychillspodcast [at] gmail.com if you're interested, and I can talk more with you about it!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: