You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Visit By Invisible

Real Ghost Stories

A Visit By Invisible

 

This is my first submission. I will try to explain in a little detail so that the context is set correct.

I am from Hyderabad in India. Which is the southern part of the country. While growing up I have heard a lot of incidents of spirits and ghosts and was scared of them very much. I am scared even now. It so happens that ghosts and spirits is a topic of conversation which comes up often within our friends group as well. However, we have not dared to try any spirit games/boards 1) because we were scared and didn't want to risk it and 2) these boards were not sold in the market. Not sure if they are being sold now. And with limited information and the scare we had we never tried to prepare one for ourselves.

On the night of this incident, all the 8 of us (our buddy group), were having a drinks night. Not everyone in the group consumes alcohol due to personal and religious beliefs. So while five of us were having drinks the other three were sitting along with us and having conversations about everything and anything which came up. Surprisingly no one raised the topic of spirits or ghosts. We were not heavily drunk, but were drunk enough to laugh loud and talk loud. The stage between being sober and being drunk. But the conversations were very lighthearted although a little loud.

I will explain the location were sitting at. It was an apartment tower of 6 floors. One of the members of the group is the son of the owner of that tower. Due to government regulations the tower could not be built taller than 6 floors. However, the owner put an unofficial 7th floor and made a small room and left the rest of the place as open terrace without any sidewalls. The room was so small that it would be filled up the moment two people enter it. To reach the terrace, where we were at, there is no staircase. There is a ladder using which we all used to go up and down. The ladder was always at its place so that we don't have to keep moving it. One married woman committed suicide by jumping from that open terrace roughly 5 years before that day, due to some problems. We were aware of the suicide but never suspected anything nor was there any issue/paranormal activities after the suicide.

While we were continuing to drink I could hear the sound of someone walking slowly on the 6th floor (approximation), since I could hear the sound coming from downstairs. The sound I could hear is not of the footsteps but of the sound of payal (an ornament worn by women/girls in India, generally made of silver). This ornament is made in such a way that when the person wearing payal walks, it makes a subtle but soothing sound. I could hear that. Since there were no side walls, I could see a part of the 6th floor front lawn. I could hear the sound from around the lawn but couldn't see anyone. This was around 2:00 AM. I ignored the sound and continued the conversation.

While some part of me was still expecting some activity/sound, I ignored that sound because I happened to read sometime before that night, that there is some kind of an insect/bird which flies in the night and makes a sound similar to that of the payal. Hence I ignored since there was nothing else to focus on the sound at that moment. While we continued our drinks and conversations, another guy from the group became silent all of a sudden and his facial expression changed to reflect that he was trying to concentrate. He put his drink down but still holding the glass and trying to concentrate on something. After a minute he picked his drink and continued the conversation. I should have asked him what happened. But I did not.

It was around 2:15 now and we wanted finish up our drinks and go to sleep. We planned on sleeping on the terrace itself that night. But just then a third guy from our group told us that he was intermittently hearing some sound of payal since last 20 to 30 minutes. I added to the chorus that I also heard the sound but ignored it. The second guy also said the same thing. Two of this three people were under the influence of alcohol. But the third guy is a teetotaler. Not even aerated drinks. Just then a fourth guy also said that he could hear the voice as well but was scared to mention it and hence just sat tight.

With the other four were trying to talk to us and almost on the verge of making fun of us that were too drunk, the sound started again. This time the sound was travelling upstairs from where the ladder was place. We could hear it in an increasing frequency as if someone was coming close to with each step.

This burst all the comfort within us and were scared as hell. It so happened that the whole group could now hear the sound and were scared. Two people in the group left the place after this approaching sound and called us on our mobile phones that they were downstairs and were heading home and that they didn't see anyone nor did have any trouble getting to the ground floor. The remaining 6 stood there without a clue and were contemplating what to do next. We decided to go and settle inside the small room which was built it also had a door. We could continuously hear the sound of payal around us within couple of feet distance. We went into the room and latched the door from inside.

It was 3:00 AM by now and once we locked the door from inside, and sat down we heard someone banging on the door in multiples of three. The banging was so strong that the door was being pushed to open with every bang. It was very loud and strong. At this moment we didn't know what to do next and were determined not to open the door and see. After a few minutes the banging stopped and we slipped into sleep slowly.

Until today we don't know what has happened and who the visitor was. The friend, whose apartment it was, said that it could have been his grandmother who came to see him and she cares for him a lot. (She passed away long years ago.) He was along with us all the while and he does not drink. He could hear the sound and banging as well. But why and how was the banging on the door made. How could invisible beings make sounds and bang doors? All this within the center of the city and not an isolated area.

Any comments are welcome and share your experiences.

Other hauntings by AlexZernov

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AlexZernov, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-10-06)
HI Alex, Your Story was chilling, There are many soul wandering in this world with no salvation, It was a residual soul attached to the property so they wander at that place. HOpe all are ok. God Bless All.
AlexZernov (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-14)
SDS,

I am unsure what your question is and what response you want when you say please respond. I will try my best to address what I understood from your comment.

Two people in the group did leave the place after we all heard the sound and used the only ladder in place to get down.
They called us that they reached down safely and that they did not face any trouble. May be they were trying to reassure us and them selves that there is nothing. We heard the sound but there was no physical blockage to the ladder and hence they could use the ladder. May be they felt the need to escape the place and hence left the place, just like we went inside the room. I don't know why they haven't come back. May be they went down in the first place not to come back?

The thing is, it is not about 3 AM. It is UNTIL 3 AM we have faced it. I first heard the sound at 2:00 AM. I was not trying to focus on the 3:00 AM belief. But its a co-incidence that it was 3:00 AM when we sent inside the room.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-13)
Hi AlexZernov, I feel that it could not have been paranormal.

You said there was no staircase and that a ladder was used. And you also said that two of your friends left because obviously they got scared. Then to climb down they should have used the ladder. If they were so scared hearing the sound of payal coming up through the ladder then how did they climb down ladder and called you that nobody was there. Sounds unbelivable. If there is no one why they haven't come back.

Well, I want to tell you that this 3 am stuff as ghost hour is nothing but hoax. And it is not a rule that paranormal experiences should happen only at remote areas and not in busy places.

And please do read Ari's "The ghost that wasn't" written on this site.

Please do respond.
AlexZernov (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-12)
Hahahahahahaha. Mhanne Yes. If it was a spirit then it should have been in the Military when it was alive. A very disciplined Spirit. There was a banging on the door and then everything stopped. It was so loud and strong that one single person could not have made such a powerful bang. Anyways we did vist that place and stayed on the terrace many times after that incident as well. But we never faced any such issue again.
Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-12)
Hello Alex,

I'm just wondering, why did the person banged your door didn't even shout or called because of annoyance? It's a shame you could've asked out loud who it was without opening the door. Anyway, it's creepy! I don't think anyone would still be up at 3AM. Or if someone was still up that time, it should've gone to them and scold them.

Take care
Mhanne ❤
AlexZernov (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-10)
I know why we were scared. I spoke to a couple of guys in the group today. We were scared because we thought it was some spirit or ghost and that there is nothing we can do about it at that moment.
AlexZernov (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-10)
Macknorton & DandK: I agree its a shame we didn't investigate the banging on the door. Honestly, we chickened out. I am usually a person, so is the group, who likes adventures. I don't really know why we all chickened out. There was a definite vibe of fear/scare. It could be within ourselves but the situation was real scary. If it was indeed a person who did this, she/he must have had the laugh of their life continuing until today at us. Grown up men chickening out at the sound of payal in the night. Face Palm.
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-09)
AlexZernov, my first thought is that it's someone from one of the apartments being annoyed at the noise your group may have been making. Perhaps they were hoping you'd get the hint and quiet down. Maybe no one from your group saw anyone because they were inside an apartment.

Just a thought.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-09)
Hi AlexZernov - thanks for your story. To me, those sounds may not have been paranormal. It could have been a human being. Maybe the person hid when the others left to go home?

It's a shame you didn't investigate the banging or the footsteps at the time to find out exactly what was making those noises. I assume you all weren't too freaked out by the experience as you all went to sleep fairly soon after the banging stopped (maybe the beers helped?😉)

Regards

Mack

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: