You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Bedroom Door Always Slamming! I'm Scared!

Real Ghost Stories

Bedroom Door Always Slamming! I'm Scared!

 

I have noticed that whenever I go upstairs to use the bathroom my bedroom door is always shut. I went to go up to the bathroom about 5 minutes ago and I walked in there and I heard a door slam I went to look what was happening. Usually my dog plops on the floor very hard and it makes a slamming noise so I just thought it would be the dog and he was not upstairs. No one was. When I went to look my bedroom door was shut but the rest of the doors were open.

My hallway is pretty creepy it is really dark even with a light on and it is very old. I have a vent that is right next to my door that leads to the basement and nothing is in the basement no wind, nothing. I have no bedroom windows open in my room also. It is kind of like a master bedroom.

This house was born in about the 1930's. I have never wanted to move to this house but my family and I had no choice. Why I did not want to move was because I had a bad feeling about it right when I walked in. Its a feeling I can't explain I am just always tight like something is always in here that I don't know. There has been no signs of ghosts but my bed room door always slams shut about 3 times a day sometimes it slams when I am not even up there. I have no idea what it could be.

I am and always be scared of the upstairs. I don't sleep in my room and I am scared to even use the bathroom and I don't have the guts to stand in that spooky old dark bathroom by myself to brush my teeth. I have told my mom MANY times but she always thinks I am joking or its just wind but there is no wind. I told her I want to move plenty of times but we can't until a certain day because we are on Section 8 (when you are on Section 8 it takes about 6-9 months on trying to move) and school is starting soon.

I have asked the land lord if anyone has passed away here and he just bought this house he said no, he said two stories 1, was that an old couple lived here and they got sent to a nursing home. 2, a guy that worked on cars lived here. So I don't know what to believe. It really looks haunted and my neighbors act weird like something really weird happened here. My old house was never like this it was a new house and I was comfortable. What could it be? I am being 100 percent honest. I only see stuff like this in movies. I do not have a video recorder or any of that to record on what is happening. Please explain.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kaylalynn3, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JimD (431 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
Hi;

Not real sure on this one. May be the wind; not enough info. I' get Catholic Hioly water, and keep it in reserve - just in case it's not the wind and things get creepier. Best.
Dee_cat (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
Maybe your house is possesed by demons. Sometimes it doesn't have to be just the house but also the land the house is on. Like abrham Lincholn, his spirit roam because his bones were placed under the white house.
firecracker321 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
oh gosh that's scary! But it could be a relative that past away and is watching over you. My friend said that she see's her nan's shadow sometimes. She is trying to let her know she is still there. This coul be what is happening to you. 😳
concernedwiccan (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-14)
i agree with deviousangel try blessing 5the house as well it might help as well
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
Maybe give the neighbors a visit and see if they can validate anything the landlord said about your house?

Peace
JustCurious

P.S. I agree with what the previous posters have said
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
oh man that's scary... I hope you figure out what is going on. Check the land not just the house

GIRLIE ❤ 😁
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
I love the comment "born in" cause, houses have their own "life" so to speak! Your computer, does it have a built in video camara? If so, maybe you can use that. I would get a friend to come over, camp out in the bedroom and wait for the door to close. Anyway, its not hurting you, but the energy is definantly affecting you.

DeviousAngel hit right on what I was thinking too, maybe you can decorate the bathroom to suit your tastes, add fresh flowers to it and a warm fuzzy rug and toilet cover to make it feel better (can get these at the dollar store) Increase the wattage of the bulb to add extra light and maybe add an extra light to the top of the tank. Creating a pleasant atmosphere in there can help you feel better. Same with your room. Maybe do a smudging too, help clear out all the emotion clutter.
Just because a house looks gloomy don't mean it is, it may have been a very happy house and is just waiting for some happy energy! ❤
johntravis28 (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
Kaylalynn3 - Again not trying to discount your story, but just to rule out any natural element like wind or gravity, how about prop it open with something not too heavy. If it slams while propped open then you know you are dealing with something strange
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
kaylalynn: What type of vent is next to the door?...If it's the air return, they can have quite a bit of "suction" when taking in air... Maybe not enough to close the door by itself, but enough to cause a disturbance in the flow of the air throughout the area... If that's combined with what BadJuuJuu mentioned about the door being unlevel, well, there's your "ghost"...Check all this stuff out then get back to us, okay?
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
Old houses can sometimes have very high EMF fields. High EMF fields affect some people more than others. Some common effects of EMF on people who are sensitive to it are the sensation of being watched, paranoia, feeling that you are not alone. It can seem ghostly, but it can really be as simple as old wiring and fuse boxes giving you a blast of EMF. Getting an EMF detector like Devious mentioned is a good idea. It may give you an idea of what's going on. It will spike around fuse boxes, electrical outlets, and appliances. If you get spikes around anything electrical, nothing weird about that. If you got an EMF spike around, say, a glass vase, that would be a strong indication of a ghostly presence. Basically, a spike isn't evidence unless it occurs near an object with no electrical current.
Your door slamming shut could be a mundane explanation. Have you played around with the door, see if you could replicate the slamming? Does it slam shut from fully open, or partially open? Have you checked to be sure the floor is fully level? If the door is slamming shut from being partially open, and the floor is even a little off from level, it could very possibly be falling shut from gravity.
I'm not trying to discount your experiences, please don't think that for a minute. It's just that old houses have quirks. And if you start trying to think of non-paranormal answers, it helps take your mind of the fear of the unknown.
raggedwolf (1 stories) (20 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
This house was born? Lolwut!

But interesting I guess. 3 times a day is strange, perhaps you should rig up a camera until you catch it happening.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
It sounds to me like the house is an entity or has a personality of its own. Most residences are like that. I think the best thing to do in cases like that is clean things up, organize, let the sunlight and fresh air in, play music, burn incense, etc. Anything that brings a positive vibe to your home will most likely stop these occurances. You can also see about getting a cheap EMF detector online (lots of places you can find them) which will measure the electromagnetic frequencies throughout the house. In simplest terms, if the energy is high, things are most likely to happen. Sometimes you can alleviate the EMF concentration by rearranging a room--IE, moving electronics around so that they are more "spaced out". It may not 100% get rid of the problem but it should at least ease it.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
Did you say that your house was born in the 1930s? That's an interesting way to say it. But, okay. I just want to understand; sometimes the door slams and you have a creepy feeling. Is that the extent of your experiences? I just want to make sure. Maybe you just have a creepy house. Doesn't sound like anything bad really, just creepy.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: