You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Family Cemetery

Real Ghost Stories

Family Cemetery

 

My father's family cemetery is located at the foot of two mountains in a hollow. The cemetery is divided into 4 family groups. One enclosed cemetery has a tombstone that vibrates when you touch it. My father told me this story and one day I had him take me to it. I put a bottle of water on top on the stone and nothing happened. I touched it and it began to vibrate. I put the bottle of water back on it and it didn't move. I leaned up against it with the bottle of water and it vibrated. When I stepped away it stopped. No one knows why the tombstone vibrates.

Later that year I was at the cemetery with my daughter doing some research and she saw something moving around in the enclosed cemetery. Since this is a private cemetery, I walked up there and in the cemetery we say a lady in a long gown. She wasn't walking, sort of floating, we couldn't see her feet. We both stood there and watched her float towards the vibrating stone. She disappeared. When we walked up the the grave you could see footprints in the dirt and the stone was vibrating. I told my father about it and he said that the woman buried there died before her husband and her husband had erected the stone with his name on it. Later he remarried. When he died, his 2nd wife had him buried in her family's plot.

What me and my daughter saw was her searching for her lost husband.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LeAnn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-18)
That is interesting, LeAnn. I wonder if the vibration is the husband saying, hun, here I am? I can imagine, if I thought up until my dying breath that my husband would join me, be beside me for all of eternity and then suddenly he is at someone else's side, I would wander also. How lost she must feel. Since just the husbands name is on the stone, and his remains are elsewhere, I would still go to the stone and ask her gently to cross over. Just let her know that her love is on the Other Side and she will again feel that as soon as she crosses. Hopefully they can meet up on the Other Side.
Thank you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-18)
Thank you for sharing your story with us.

If the woman and her husband were departed from each other suddenly or, perhaps regardless of how, the woman may still be looking for her husband. She may have yet to cross over. There are many reasons why this could be, either she has not accepted the fact that she has passed on or is frightened.

When you return and go to the tombstone that vibrates, tell the couple to cross over, together. Tell them they will then be together for eternity.

The stone may be vibrating because the husband knows the wife wanders still.

Say prayers for both of them to find peace and contentment.

Gof Bless!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-17)
LeAnn, thank you for sharing your story with us. 😊 Maybe take some photos the next time you are there and see if anything pops up.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: