You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: The Twisted Creature

Real Ghost Stories

The Twisted Creature

 

As you may have noticed, crazy things seem to surround me, mostly at my best friend's old house. This story took place when I was 17. I was spending the night with my friend and had no time to shower before leaving my own house, so I decided to take one at my friend's. It was already night by the time I got to her house. I said once before I have always had a feeling of dread anywhere in her house, especially in the bathroom. Now my friend (Anna) had a glass shower door. You could see perfectly through it and in anywhere in the bathroom. I never shut the bathroom door because it had a habit of getting stuck only on me and would not open until Anna would force it open. Mind you, now there was nothing wrong with this door.

I was showering with the door open that night so it wouldn't get stuck. Anna was sitting in the living room watching TV, the living room is on the other side of the bathroom wall. There is no way to see it from the bathroom and vise versa. When I had turned around to face the bathroom door, I saw someone standing in the door way. Something dressed in black. It appeared to be peeking around the corner. So thinking Anna was playing a trick on me, I immediately asked "Anna are you standing in the door way?" she replied, "no I'm sitting in the living room still..." I freaked, opened the door to the shower and saw it. This thing was almost wrapped around the side of the wall with its head twisted around and pressed to the wall. It was like it had turned its head completely upside down, but was standing. It stayed there for a moment just staring and twisted until I yelled for Anna. I yelled frantically for her to get in to the bathroom. By the time she got there it was gone.

I didn't see where it went it, just sort of disappeared like it was never there. When Anna got to the bathroom, she looked everywhere for something that may have been giving some sort of reflection, but nothing was found.

I finished showering rather quick and made Anna stay in the doorway until I was done. Also, the front and back door were visible to where Anna was sitting in the living room so no one was able to sneak past her and into or out of the house without her seeing them. We tried numerous times to duplicate the contortion of the image I had seen, but were unable to.

We are not sure what or who it was until this day and I haven't seen it since then. I am now very leery about showering at other people's houses.

Other hauntings by redone1867

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, redone1867, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-01)
Am very late but this is just weird... That bathroom door stuck only for you and the distorted thing stayed glued on the same door that would stick? It sounds like whatever it was, couldn't get past the door.
AndreaRC (12 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-12)
I know this story was posted some time ago but I just read it (I'm new to this site) and I know exactly what that was, although you've probably already figured it out,ha.
It was a demon... Old wisdom will tell us that "the evil one can create nothig perfect",and therfore a lot of tmes when we see demonic apparitions, they will appear to us to have some sort of defect-a twisted look, more than one eye, a starnage color, etc.
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-13)
ehh I can't stand leaving the bathroom door open when I shower or spend any amount of time in there. I was home alone taking a shower and it was hot so I had the door open and I heard a man clearly cough or clear his throat right outside the open bathroom door! I jumped out of there with my towel and I was looking through the entire house and didn't find anything. I got dressed pretty quickly and left the house until someone else got home. I never leave the door open to the bathroom anymore after that! 😕
Goombagirl_79 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
Just came across this site, some interesting stories here!
About a year ago I saw a "twisted" thing beside my bed. I know I'm prone to hypnagogic hallucinations, but that doesn't make it any less unnerving. I woke up in bed around 2 or 3am, laying on my side. I was facing my husband who was sleeping on his back, so next to him beside the bed I could see this strange twisted creature standing there. It was short, only 3 or 4 feet tall. No arms that I could see, just a torso and head. It seemed to have pig-like ears but they were not symmetrically placed on its head. It looked like its skin just formed this big wrinkle, so I couldn't see any features. I yelled and jumped and woke up my poor husband haha. It was gone. I was sure I was awake as I could feel the bed, and I could move. Haven't seen anything like that since, and our place doesn't feel "off" it's just a normal fairly new condo! 😨
gary11872 (1 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-23)
the same thing happened to me, I was going ghost hunting and saw what I thought was a lawnchair (it was REALLY dark), I got closer and saw is was a contorted demon of some kind, I saw it crawl and I ran screaming.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
Now, this story has seriously scared the life out of me.

I'm not reading the other comments as I don't want to be affected at all on this one.

I hope you have not and will not encounter this one again.

Take care
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-18)
What a terrifying occurance! Being in the shower is one of the times we can be and feel at our most vulnerable.

I am not sure I understood all of the comments, but I certainly would hope that this has not happened again.

God Bless! 😁
SchizoSephy (74 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-19)
I read this story a few days ago. I was going to bed when I saw something like it. It was crawling on the wall and it's head was hung upside down I tried to see it better but it somehow disappeared. I was disturbed by it, and I didn't fall asleep well. I haven't seen it since.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-19)
Hope you are okay Lisa, pretty potent stuff you went through last night. Bet you aren't far from your B.o.S. From now on. Wish I could have done more for you than just offer advise that obviously wasn't going to work unless you had the supplies needed. Will make an excellent story I am sure.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
H_T0WN3r_713 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-18)
What has happened since the encounter ?
Have you had anymore? Because I experienced things like that before except It was It Was In Mah Garage. 😠
redone1867 (4 stories) (37 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-18)
It never entered the bathroom, just stayed in the doorway. For some reason I think it was afraid to come in the room. Maybe because what I always have with me. Lol.
unguided_traveler (9 stories) (35 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-18)
redone1867, okay, that has got to be the freakiest thing I have ever heard someone seeing... Holy moly, that is crazy. The only things that really happen to me in the bathroom is the mirrors. Our house is set up in a way that when you open the bathroom door, there is the vanity mirror on your right above the sink, one on your left on the outside of the door, and one right in front of you across the hall on a closet. Mirrors have always repelled me (one of the many reasons why I don care too much about my looks). Unfortunately, my mother adores mirrors and we have one, or three, in every room in this house! The only advice I can give... Is listen to Hada. Sounds like sound advice to me. 😉
Hada (36 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-18)
Always in the bathroom. A majority of cases of feeling a presence occur in and near bathrooms. The bathroom is an abode of the Jinn, the creatures God made from smokeless fire. Their dwelling places are clearly delineated in Islamic lore. Unclean places, especially bathrooms are a favorite, therefore the feelings, the flushing, the water running. They can see us from whence we cannot see them, yes even in the bathroom. That's why in Islam. It's recommended to say "In the name of God" upon entering the bathroom so that a person will be concealed from their view nor will you sense anything as you invoke the only name they fear. I forward a couple of sights to clarify this further:
http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node=Jinn
http://www.angelfire.com/mo2/scarves/jinn.html
redone1867 (4 stories) (37 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-17)
thanx for the comments shane. I guess its a good thing I don't take road trips...lol
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-17)
I could see where that could cause you to not want to shower any where but your home 😜 Might make things a little messy on road trips though. LOL Just teasing you. 😁

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: