You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Guardian Angel

Real Ghost Stories

My Guardian Angel

 

All of the following occurrences happened in my old house in Arkansas where I lived with my parents Bob and Sarah and my older brother Joseph / Joey. My parents have since moved out, Joey was sadly killed in a car accident five years ago and I now live in Texas.

The first time I ever had an 'encounter' with my guardian angel, was when I was five years old.

I can faintly remember sitting at the top of the stairs, looking down, my legs dangling over the first few steps. I heard a faint whisper in my ear. Something like "Be careful, sweetie. Don't fall down the stairs". The voice was female and sounded sweet. I replied to the voice (I was five; I didn't think it was strange that I could hear voices). I said, "I won't. But who said that?" There was no reply. My mother was in the kitchen at that time and she heard me talking to someone. She walked out of the kitchen and asked who I was talking to. I replied, "I don't know." She shrugged it off and assumed I was talking to my brother (that's what she told me later, anyway).

The next encounter was when I was twelve.

It was summer, and I was in the backyard with my brother. We were drenching each other with buckets of water, trying to cool down. I must inform you now, that our house backed onto a large field. The grass was overgrowing, reaching up to my shoulders, and most of the teenagers in my town used to go down there to make-out with their girlfriends or drink alcohol. There was crushed Glass everywhere from broken bottles and my mother used to warn us to never take off our shoes around there or we'd get glass in our feet.

I had just soaked my brother and started to run away before he could get me back. I decided to hop over the fence that divided the field from our backyard. As I hopped over, one of my sneakers fell of and landed back in our backyard. Being the lazy twelve year old I was, I decided to leave it there and just carefully step over any glass I saw. I started zig-zagging through the field, not exactly concentrating on looking for glass, when I saw this white mist ahead of me. I stopped and stared at it for a few minutes. Then I heard the female voice again, the same one I had heard when I was five. She said, "Look down". I obliged, and lo-and-behold, there was two smashed bottles at my feet. If I had taken one step forward I would've cut my feet to shreds. I mumbled a thank you to the mist and ran all the way back to my house. From that moment on, I really believed that I had (and still have) a Guardian Angel.

-Maria

X

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PaigesMomma, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

chadlee2003 (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-09)
You said you stood there and looked at her; what did she look like?
vidya_amani (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-19)
This is a very comforting story, and if you believe in Angels you can hear them more clearly... The problem is keeping your Ears and Heart open!
thenightowl (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-12)
I wish I had an guardian angel to watch over me, maybe then I would not get into a lot of trouble. Anyway I really enjoyed your story. 😊
lilyangel13 (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-14)
hi I really liked your story. Its amazing that you got to see your guardian angel! I also had something like that happen to me. Though I have never seen the guardian angel (wish I could) 😊. But I was around 11 or 12 and I remember going to the store with my family and it was crowded and full of cars driving by fast. My mom told me to go back to the car to get her purse. I without thinking ran to the car and as I ran a car was driving towards me. But then I felt someone/something pull my hand and got me out of the way. I looked at my hand to see if someone was still holding my hand but nothing was there. Then I heard a whisper my ear saying "be careful sweety" and at the same time I felt this warmth. I was really lucky but I got yelled at too by the driver for not paying attention to the rode. I am really grateful to my guardian angel! ❤
Lilyangel
PaigesMomma (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-26)
Woo! Sorry for all this late replying. I was out of town for a while and there were no wi-fi or computer services.

Aiafaith1-Thank you! Yes, it could possibly be a spirit, though I'm the only one to have encountered anything in the house. No, I moved out of the house when I was nineteen and the occurence in the field was the last time I experienced anything to do with my guardian angel, sadly. I do believe someone is still watching over me, though 😊

Geetha50- No, I've never really felt a reason to be scared. Yes, it was a shock of course but whatever it was came across as pleasant and caring, not something to be scared of 😊

Redphx- Well stepping in glass and getting your feet cut to shreds doesn't really sound pleasant, does it? 😊

Carl- As I said in the reply to aiafaith1, I haven't experienced anything else to do with my guardian angel, though I firmly believe that she (or he, of course) are still around.

Brenttan-Thank you! X

Againsarahan-Thank you so much! Haha yes, that would be frustrating!
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-19)
My mother said when I was three or four that I had chicken pox and running a high fever and that she woke up in the night to check on me and that she saw an angel hovering over me. She described it as a lady with long flowing hair and wings but like crystal smoke that you could see through and that she didn't know if she was there to protect me or take me to the other side and after a couple of seconds she was gone.I'm glad that you have seen your guardian maybe someday I will see mine.
DemonTeddy (9 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-19)
Hey there Maria, my name's Maria too~ Lolz

I enjoyed this story, because it reminded me of my past as well.

When I was younger, I had similar experiences with a photo of my grandmother. My Father told me I used to cry whenever I saw it (even though I had never met my Gran, she passed before I was born). And on Sundays, but "only" Sundays, I would go into the kitchen, then come back into the living room and tell my Father that "Nanny" wanted him.

Of course, my Father told me about this, but I do have memories of being very frustrated when my Father wouldn't listen to me, as I told him about the lady wanting him in the kitchen, and the memories of talking to a lady I couldn't see by the window. I could hear her soft, comforting voice, yet no one else could. It's stopped now, or I grew ignorant in my older ages.

Do I believe in Guardian Angels? Well, I won't say yes or no, there's a possibility they do exist. I know I'd like the chance to come back and take care of my loved ones after I pass over, that's for sure.

Great post~

-Teddy
Madyrina (68 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-16)
What an enjoyable story! It is always nice to read such lovely encounters. ❤
againsarahan (34 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-15)
I am so grateful to people who share lovely stories like this. I want every child and youth I see or hear about to have a troop of Guardian Angels! Thanks, Maria! This is so comforting. And what a perceptive child you must have been. Maybe we all do have guardians, but we just aren't tuned in? How frustrating would THAT be for the poor angel?
brenttan (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-14)
What a sweet and wonderful accounts. Warms the heart to know. Thank you for sharing these experiences. God bless you.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
does sound like you have someone watching out for you.
Could be a family member that has passed.
Has anything else happened to make you think it is still around?
Carl
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
It is very sweet that someone watches out for you like that. I get the stairs but I don't understand why glass in a foot would require divine intervention. Just sayin' Maybe the glass had a disease on it or something 😕
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
It must be really nice to have someone watching over you. But got a quick question: Did you ever get scared from either of your experiences?
lynrinth (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
It could be your guardian angel, or a family relative who comes back to warn you. A deceased loved one who watches over you. That is sweet. So, yes, you do have a guardian angel!
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
This is a really cool story! Do you think that maybe it could have been a spirit at your house? I'm not saying it isn't your guardian angel. Did you ever experience anything else in that house? Thanks for sharing.

AF1 ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: