You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Odd Happenings At New Home

Real Ghost Stories

Odd Happenings At New Home

 

My family of four had moved from Phoenix, Arizona to Portland, Oregon on October 4, 2008. My family consists of my mother, father, me (I was eleven at the time), and my brother (who was nine). We moved into the house and everything was fine. But over time the downstairs level, where my brother and I slept, felt creepier and creepier. I started seeing shadows out of the corner of my eye and it was unnaturally cold all the time.

One day last summer (2010), I told my friend Kayla about it. We both believe in the paranormal, and she wanted to look up my address on this thing she downloaded that's supposed to tell the history of houses. When she did, it said that there was a fire that had killed two girls back in 1988. And the girls, two 15-year-olds who were clinically insane and kept inside because they were violent towards everyone except their parents. They drowned their baby brother in the bath tub.

A month or two later, I was still seeing shadows. The creepy feeling got so bad that I couldn't go anywhere downstairs without it feeling like I was being watched. That day, for once I was actually in my room. I was sitting on the floor when all of a sudden I felt someone blow on the back of my neck. The door was closed, and the air vent was across the room and didn't blow over where I was sitting. None of my windows can open, either. There was no explanation. But that's not all; it felt exactly like when you blow on things to cool them off. I believe this was my first meeting with one of those girls.

One morning about a month later I woke up with an odd red mark on my arm. It looked like a scratch, but thicker than one that my cats could do, and thinner than what I could've done. It was slightly swollen, and I was confused as to where it came from. I was talking to this guy who wasn't really my friend, and he said that sometimes that happens from HIS cats. So, I brushed it off and forgot about it.

The feeling of being watch continued to grow. I knew nothing was different except for the fact that they just were making themselves known, and they weren't really any more powerful. Oh, how I was wrong. My father and I fought a lot, and sometimes things would fly off shelves. Well, mostly just fell, but it was odd enough that my family would joke that I moved it with my mind out of my anger. I think all that negative energy was feeding them.

One time when my brother and dad were fighting, my brother went downstairs and slammed his bedroom door. I didn't want to be around my dad anymore so I walked downstairs to my room. A few minutes later, my brother came to my room and asked if I rattled his door. As in, I grabbed the handle and shook the door back and forth with force. I knew that I hadn't run down the stairs, so there was no way the door could've rattled on its own. I think it was one of the ghosts living there.

At my birthday party on March 5, 2011, I had my 14th birthday party. I had a few friends over for a sleepover. Throughout the night, I kept seeing this shadow of a tall man standing near my bedroom door (we were in the family room downstairs and my room connects to it). I didn't say anything, in fear that I would freak out my friends. A few days later when I was talking to Kayla, she said she saw the same thing. It didn't really do any damage, but it sure was creepy.

About a month ago, Kayla, my other friend Miranda, I did a calming ritual. Just envisioning us pushing good energy out from ourselves, we didn't talk to them or anything. Kayla and I am both Wiccan, and Miranda is still thinking about if she believes that, so we all thought it could probably work. It did. The shadows were gone from my room and at night I saw things moving in the family room but nothing in my room. It felt nice. I was able to actually feel sad in my room without worrying that I was going to give them more energy.

Then about three weeks it came back. There were even MORE shadows in my room and more things happening than originally. But of course, all three of us had a sleepover in which caused us to all have lice. I still have lice, so I can't have them come over to do another calming ritual.

The night before last night (July 5, 2011) I had nightmares. When I woke up, I had eight "scratches", exactly like the thing I saw before, on my left arm. They came in twos and were all in a V shape or just parallel lines. There was one on my right arm, 2 one my right leg, and one on my left leg. One of the ones on my right leg started burning, but besides that nothing hurt. I took pictures of some of them, but they had disappeared before my mom had gotten home from running errands. I can think of no plausible explanation of how I got those, and after looking around on the internet it makes sense. This morning I only had one, another V shape on my right arm. It wasn't as bad, but it was a scratch. You know like when you scratch an itch and it makes your skin white because you scratched some up, kind of? It was like that.

Well there you go, that is my story. This is not all that has happened, and there's definitely more to come. I know it's not the scariest of stories, but it's definitely an adventure.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, THobsession, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

hotashesfortrees (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-30)
Hmm, the letter "V" appearing on your body strikes me as odd. Do you know what the names of the girls who died there were? Maybe their names started with a V, perhaps?
THobsession (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-19)
I do trust my friend Kayla, and I know she wouldn't lie to me. Though I haven't yet gone to the library, though I have been trying to get someone to take me. I've done some looking around on the computer, but it just comes up with when we looked for stuff >.< I think there may be some truth behind the app thingy (it was something downloadable off the computer) because she had looked up some houses, asked the people, and they said the same thing. The lice are gone now, and I'm still getting these scratches. I honestly don't think that I did it myself, and I don't know how I would've got my arm bent in those positions. I looked up pictures (which may or may not be real) and some other peoples' stories to see what it was like for them when they got their scratches. What's happening to me seems to happen to some other people. I've been thinking more lately about talking to my mom about it, because before she just said it was my imagination and to just forget about it. But now she's been watching all these ghost shows and thinks the place where she used to work (old peoples' home) is haunted, so she may believe me now. You see, my father would just call me insane and I don't want to make my brother worried. But I think I may take your guys' advice and talk to my mom. When we meditated the white light, we just pushed out all of our energy, our white light I suppose. We can't use a smudge stick or anything like that, but we did a quick little ritual in my room of just her talking and me touching things around the room, I don't remember if I included that in my story.
I've tried keeping calm and tried envisioning the white light, but it's been getting worse. I think I've been seeing some of them... I see shadows a lot and outlines of people when they get close and no matter how many times I tell myself they aren't real and I just blink really hard they don't go away. I kind of think they might be some more spirits, but if so, they're nice I guess. But the thing I don't get is, why I would just randomly see them? Also a few days ago I had a friend over, and she said she saw a girl sitting on the couch when we were walking away from it; I saw her too, but earlier and didn't say anything about her. I just feel like ever since I got the scratches this whole thing has just spiraled out of control and I'm not sure what to do next...
lexhia (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-18)
Dont know why but this has "prank" all over. I don't believe this girl kayla is telling you the truth... Did you actually read this with her or did she just blurt it out while you stayed wide eyed listening?

Isnt it odd that she aknowledged seeing the old man just as you said it?., she is toying with your mind.

I do believe you got some activity going on in your house...but...the 2 murdorous/insane sisters story?...for reals?...did you believe her?

For the scratches part., its as easy as having bedbugs (or lice which you already admitted having) you might have scratched yourself while sleeping and don't remember it.

Now., I know that there is no age for religion... But I do not believe that being 14 and stating you are wiccan is really smart., I truly know nothing about wicca but any religion should be taken seriously and I don't think you are doing that.

You crave for your parents attention., I beg you please talk to them because it seems like you need some guidance. And stop believing everything you are told.

Im sorry if this post is rude, I normally don't reply in this way but you seem like someone who needs more counseling than paranormal advice.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-18)
Just to add to what Rozalin has suggested, your local historical society will also have a wealth of information. It always surprises me that more people don't take advantage of that resource than they do. Everything they collect has to do with things in your area, that's their purpose for being.

Jav
Rozalin (15 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-18)
Local libraries can provide local history of houses if there was any documented records regarding it, such as police records, news paper articles and unexplained situations.

I agree with the others that you need to do real research rather than relying on that app your friend has. Check out local libraries, or the main library of your town -- even ask around, some people might be able to give you consistent tips on where to start.

Rozalin
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
Okie dokie.

How exactly can having a sleep over cause lice? Someone would have had to have it before they came over. And why do you still have it? Go get it treated.

I think you are having poltergiest activity. I don't think that you have an intelligent haunting.

Why would just want to be sad in your room?
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
I agree with the posters in that you have to do your research. I wouldn't believe everything some download app says. Like DeviousAngel said, many of these apps are for entertainment purposes. But that doesn't mean to say that there may not be some history in the house. You can use the information that your friend has provided you as a guide to start your search.

Also, talking to your family will also help to determine if they have experienced anything and if so, what can be done.

I come from a Hindu background, so whenever we move in to a new place, we have that place blessed before we move in so that nothing bad happens and if something does happen, the family will be protected.

You said that you and your friends mediated the white light. Did you do it so that it went to every corner of the house? I'm asking because you said that the ghosts stayed out of your room for awhile but not out of your house. Also, you don't need your friends to do the mediating (although, it is nice to have strength in numbers). Why don't try doing it yourself or the help of your brother?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+7
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
In 1988, if you were convicted of murder and clinically insane you were not put under house arrest. You were put in an asylum, much like you would be if you did that today. I think that little "history" app was meant for entertainment purposes rather than research.
jesuis88 (1 stories) (23 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
This thing your friend downloaded, I'm going to assume it is a phone app. Following Elephante81 and BadJuuJuu's comments, I would not trust the app anymore than those 'Find True Love by texting this number' ads you find on TV. Unless there are credible sources that say likewise, don't let the two girls story get to you.

From what else you've said, I would say things flying by themselves could be the result of poltergeist activity. The theory goes that poltergeist feed off of emotional energy, namely that of teenagers. You are at the perfect age where you would generate a lot of that energy due to the changes your body and mind are going through.

Other than possible poltergeist activity, I would be wary of the other things happening. You are still young and you have to understand that the mind is very powerful and can play tricks on itself. If you believe something enough, your mind will take it for reality. I say this because I don't want you to overstress yourself. Also, let your family know what is going on. You can learn from each others experiences.
sarahmariacecilia (3 stories) (105 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
I want to know what kind of app you can get that tells you that. Hmmm... I just searched for one and couldn't find it. Not that I would trust its info necessarily but its fun to think about a bit. 😆
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
I just want to make sure I have the backstory correct. Two girls in one family had the same mental illness, and together they drowned their brother? They were allowed to stay in the home? They weren't carted off to some institution? Did they light the fire? Why would parents want their muderous daughters who had violent tendencies to still be in the house? 1988? That's not that long ago. I bet you could really find some newspapers on this incident, just like BadJuuJuu said. I believe that you possibly have seen some strnage things in the house. But as for the lice, that probably isn't paranormal. Just stop using eachother's grooming tools. And get some shampoo, pronto.
Elephante81 (2 stories) (59 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
Was this a smartphone app your friend downloaded? Can you be certain that information is accurate?
I understand the relationship with your father, but have you tried mentioning any of this to him, your mom, or your brother?
Also, what did you do with the pictures of the scratches?
BadJuuJuu has some good advice.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
After using your friends ap to find the supposed history of your house, did you do any research to verify it? If that had happened, it would have been in the local newspaper. A trip to the library to study old newspapers would be wise.
On your way to the library, stop at Walgreen's and pick up some Rid.
Exactly how did the scratches make sense after looking on the internet?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: