You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: I Shouldn't Have A Normal Life

Real Ghost Stories

I Shouldn't Have A Normal Life

 

This might be a long story. It's been going on since I was little, so I'll start off a little with my family background.

I was born and raised in Lithuania, in a large town called Kaunas. My family, as far as I know, is all from Lithuania. My grandparents, strangely from both sides, are very superstitious towards kind of strange things. Such as covering all reflective surfaces in the house after a person dies because their spirit might be trapped in a mirror, or if you rock an empty chair it means you're rocking your dead child. Never ring a bell in the house or it means that you're calling up the devil. And I've gotten into trouble for doing those things when I was little.

When I was little I used to have horrible night terrors. My brother told me because we lived in a two bedroom apartment and shared a bedroom. I would simply scream and trash around and my parents weren't ever able to wake me up. And recently I learned that I would get up in the middle of the night and walk around and when mom asked me what I was doing I would reply that I was going home. I'm not sure how old I was. I just know that one day it all stopped. When I asked my dad why I used to have hose night terrors, one night when he had a little too much to drink, he told me he knew but would take it to his grave. It scared me a little because he himself looked slightly scared.

Well, later in life we moved to America. It was when I was nine. Now we live in Northern Indiana near South Bend and such where paranormal activity tends to happen at times.

For a time everything was completely normal. Nothing major happened. Sure, some weird noises or creaks or such but nothing that was overly disturbing. Not until we moved into our third house that we had just built. Things haven't been... Settling recently.

At times I hear my name being called. One time when it was just me and my mom, my mom was napping at the time and I was on the other side of the house, I could have sworn my mom screamed my name. Like she needed desperate help. I bolted from my seat and ran into her bedroom swinging the door wide open and found her sound asleep.

There are times when I walk around the house and feel like I've just passed through something extremely cold. And other times I'll feel like I've actually run into someone or something but nothing will be around me. There are odd shapes I see around our house sometimes, and times I get a very bad feeling like something is just simply wrong.

One day I told my brother about these things, he surprised me by saying he was experiencing the same things. We're both very close and always tell each other everything.

We had a big power outage once so me and my brother told my dad we'd stay up and make sure the basement doesn't flood. My brother's girlfriend tried staying up but went to sleep. So through the night me and my brother just stayed up, talking and reading books by flashlight. My dog, a German Shepard, was asleep by our living room window. Then when the sun started to rise, it was barely light; I heard a very odd and loud screech. It was loud enough to have wakened anyone. Very high-pitched and somehow electronic sounding. I thought it was just my brothers phone or something and didn't say anything. Then he asked me if I heard it too. Apparently, it wasn't him. Or me. And it was loud enough to wake the parents or the dog. She's very jumpy but she was still asleep. When I called her she didn't even respond. Me and my brother exchanged looks but didn't say anything else.

I had a dream one night too. A little before I turned sixteen. It was very...vivid. In most dreams, things will be different. Your house will one second turn into a cave or something. Normal. This dream everything was exact. I was sitting on my porch with my dog beside me. My parents were out in the yard too. Everything was exactly like it should be. From the woods came three hooded people. I couldn't see their face do to the fact that they had their hood up. They asked me to come with them, told me I needed to go home. And I wanted to, I desperately wanted to but I didn't want to leave my parents yet. So I told them to come back at midnight. They said maybe and left. Haven't had a dream like that since.

My dad told me the dreams he would have sometimes. About strange hooded people coming and asking for me and my brother promising great things or big money for him and he said he always refused. One time, when I was just born, my dad said he had a dream of his dead grandpa coming to talk to him when we were all at the store. Me and my mom and my brother and dad. His grandfather led him away talking to him and such and suddenly my dad realized that we weren't around. That he wasn't protecting us anymore and when he turned back to his grandfather he was gone. But he found his way back and found us again.

I tried talking to my brother about these things, weird shapes I see or strange callings. He always refuses to talk about it. Said he doesn't ever want to talk about it and usually hours jumpy, mad or aggravated. And when I tried talking to either of my parents they both got nervous and almost scared and real mad and tell me to shut up about it.

On a recent trip back home to my country I learned that we used to have a great life. My dad was great too. He used to be amazing at sports and always take first place, used to be great in drama and had a wonderful job where he travelled around Europe and later, to be closer to us, had a job as head manager of a large company. My mom was a stay at home mom and we had money and everything was close to being perfect. Then we all moved away real fast to another country for some reason. I never thought much about it until now.

Maybe this is me being imaginative, but something just doesn't settle right with me. I feel like my family is hiding something for me and all I want to know is... Well I just want to know. All my weird dreams, strange occurrences, or my strange want for something I can't quench at times. Waking up in the middle of the night to have my name called.

I've always been interested in this type of... Whatever you want to call it. And I feel like I shouldn't have a normal life. Like there's something more out there. And all I want to do is understand. I just want to know I'm not crazy. So please, if my story makes any sense to you, if you know a place I could possibly turn to, help me.

I just want to know.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sylleth, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sylleth (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-03)
Thank you for the replies! Just as a note I was born in 1994, September 6. We moved when I was nine so I think that was 2003 or 2004. And also it was my dad's grandpa that talked to him in his dream, so he'd be my grea grandpa. I'm kind of afraid to ask my parents or any family member (I have no family in US) in fear that they think that I'm crazy. They already ted to shun me and disapprove of me for my interest of the paranormal.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-26)
zzsgranny took the words right out of my mouth. I believe that your parents know something and they are hiding it from you and the way your brother is acting, he might have found something out and doesn't know what to do.

Go a quick question. Do you have any family here in the States or back home? If so, have tried contacting them to see what's gong on. Also, in your story, you mentioned that your grandfather came in your father's dream, I take it that your grandfather is no long with you? How about your grandmother or your other grandparents? What do they have to saw about this?

I'm not calling you crazy or anything, in fact, I believe your story but have you also visited a doctor? If not, I would say to have a physical done. Probably, your body hormones or chemicals may be causing this. It's always good to get it out of the way.
mirrorcat (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-25)
Your story is truly interesting. I hope too you someday find out what your family is hiding. ❤
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-25)
To me, it seems that you have a special calling. Something out there is laying claim to you. Your family has to be hiding something, does it seem so? I couldn't even begin to guess what it is. There just seems to be a dark family secret that involves you, and now the paranormal side is getting involved. This is a very interesting and mysterious story. I hope you find the answers you need some day.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+6
13 years ago (2011-07-25)
Sylleth: Well, you don't mention the year you moved to the US, but I'm assuming you've been here for quite a while considering your command of the English language and grammar... Lithuania was the first country to declare independance from the USSR and did so in 1990, though world recognition didn't happen until 1991... There was a lot of civil unrest in the small country in the aftermath, and your family may have decided to leave for that reason... Specially if your father was a supporter of the Socialist Party...

As far as the paranormal part of your life, I have to say in my opinion, you aren't crazy... There are a lot of good people on this site and many experiences like yours... I suggest you peruse our site and know that you aren't alone in your beliefs...

Just a side note: I believe the USSR, or Russia, has a history of experimenting with psychics to use them in psychological warfare... Maybe your father feels that he had been a victim of this?...Just a thought...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: