You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Hooded Shadow Stalker

Real Ghost Stories

Hooded Shadow Stalker

 

This is going to be quite a lengthy story. It covers the majority of the past five years of my life; at least, the bad parts of it, as this shadow man only tends to show up at the worst of times.

Shadow people are a steadily growing phenomenon, and no one really knows of exactly why. I find the entire subject fascinating, even in spite of the rather negative history I've had with them - truly, with one in particular. I've seen stories of them in a good light, where they've gone as far as to protect someone from something else. I've seen accounts of them as observers. I've read of experiences in which they were tormenters. I personally can relate the most to the last.

It started when I was fourteen. My spirits were quite low at the time. My grandmother had passed away, my grandfather had moved up to New York to be with his biological children; we had moved into their old home because it was more spacious than ours and still right on the same property. Living there was nothing short of a constant reminder of the loss for me and, as I found out shortly before Christmas that year, for my mom. It was her mother and step-father, and it was going to be one of the first family Christmases without either of them. She wasn't doing well, and my dad had forgone his promises to be there for her more than he had been, had in fact done the exact opposite and started staying away more often. That was how it all began for me - as much as my mom had been there for me throughout the years, I wanted to be there for her. I decided that rather than cope with my grief, I was going to ignore it, ignore feelings on the whole, so that Mom would have somebody there for her. I in absolutely no way blame her for any of the following events. It was my decision, and she detested it herself.

When I tossed all those negative feelings out the window and locked it before they could find me again, it seems something else did find them. It started very simply; I saw shadows. Out of place shadows darting across the wall out of the corner of my eye, glimpses in mirrors and reflections in windows... And seeing them would always leave me feeling inexplicably grief-stricken, depressed, scared, sometimes even angry, but always confused. These feelings weren't mine, but they were affecting me so strongly that they became mine. My mom later told me that she had seen shadows occasionally as well, but never said whether they affected her mood because I never mentioned to her that they affected mine. As things went further downhill (news of my grandpa dying in New York the following January, the stillbirth of my brother and his wife's first daughter a year later, my dad finally getting kicked out and taking all of our money with him to go live with my mother's best friend and my godmother), the shadows just kept appearing more and more often to me.

In early 2009, things were finally looking up. My mom had met the love of her life. He was more like a father to me in a year and a half than my biological father had ever been. Her divorce with my dad had finally gone through and they were undoubtedly going to be getting married soon. A week after the divorce was finalized, she died. Brain aneurysm. Just like that, everything was sour again, and more so than ever. She had been not only my mother, but also a sister, a best friend, the sort of mom that no teenage girl would be embarrassed of because she was just that awesome, and she was gone faster than I could have blinked. Over the next few months, I isolated myself, and that was when things got worse.

I saw this shadow head on for the first time in around May of 2009. I was being homeschooled at the time because I found it impossible to put on a happy face and go to school like everything was perfectly normal, and I had a habit of finishing my schoolwork early in the day and spending the rest of the day just hanging around the house. It was maybe one in the afternoon, and I was in my room reading, actually feeling pretty good. Quite suddenly, for no reason at all, that good mood drained away from me. I felt almost on the verge of tears, I felt a feeling of absolute terror for no reason at all, so overwhelming that I felt physically sick. I put my book down on my lap, unable to focus. Head on, at the foot of my bed, I saw the source of my despair. It was dark, it was humanoid in shape, and it was tall enough that its head just about touched the ceiling. It appeared to be hooded, and had glowing red eyes with no other features. I sort of squinted, thought maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me, maybe it was just a shadow reflecting from my window; but it was there, standing like some strange three-dimensional shadow at the foot of my bed.

I hid under my covers like a scared five-year-old. I'm not even going to try to pretend that I stood my ground; I was terrified. At that moment, I was five-years-old again, a five-year-old that had just seen the boogeyman but had no parents to call into her room to make it go away. The strange alteration of my feelings connected with its appearance, my first thought was that this had to be demonic - there was no way that it could have been the spirit of a human.

I didn't stay under my covers for long. Where I live, it's so warm by the middle of May that you hardly want to sleep under covers; they're just sort of there for decoration. I very slowly peeked out from under them, saw it was gone, and got out of my room. I grabbed one of my guitars from the computer room and darted outside. I waited for my step-dad to call on his way home from work and didn't go back inside until then, at around six o'clock, five hours later. It luckily wasn't that humid outside that day, but I don't think I would have cared either way.

I saw him again on various other occasions, but never that close up, normally as a two-dimensional shadow against the wall, at my closet door across from the foot of my bed; the only time I can recall seeing him three dimensional again was during a trip to the lake with my brother and a few of our friends one night (at this point in time, the summer of 2010, I was living with my brother's family in the same house my grandparents had once lived in; my step-dad had been forced to leave in late 2009 to take care of his parents, both of whom were stricken with health problems that rendered them incapable of taking care of themselves); I was sitting on the beach stargazing, when I happened to glance off to the side and spot the shadow person standing on the rocks to the side of our swimming hole. No one else saw him, or if they did they certainly didn't mention it, but he stayed there the entire time we were there. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me until I watched him walk up the rocks as we were leaving.

It was later that same night that I told one of my friends about my experiences with him, and opening up about it was liberating... Until my friend left and I came back inside by myself around thirty minutes later. The shadow apparently didn't want me feeling liberated, for as soon as I closed the back door of the house and locked it for the night, I heard a growl issue from outside, a growl that sounded like nothing I had ever heard in my life. It was animal, and it was human, but it wasn't either at the very same time; I doubt any one human or animal would be capable of making this noise. A moment later, I felt such a powerful surge of utter negativity hit me that I became dizzy; and I felt something standing behind me. I was afraid the shadow was going to be right behind me, and I closed my eyes and sort of stumbled out into the living room. The feeling of someone standing over me faded when I sat on the couch and grabbed my laptop, but I still felt him. He was there, he was watching me, and he wasn't giving up that easily.

It was a few minutes later that I saw the light in the laundry room, where the back door to our house is, flicking on and off. Not flickering - flickering implies that it was irregular, like a light blinking just before it dies, or in a power surge, but no. The light was going on, and off. On, and off. The pace was very steady, and rather slow. I swallowed my fear, thought like a skeptic. Maybe the wires were crossed. Maybe it was just a strange power surge, the breaker box acting up for that side of the house. The kitchen light was off, after all, and the only light I could see for that side of the house was the laundry room light. So, I stood, walked through the dining room, through the kitchen... And watched the light switch in the laundry room go up and down on its own a few times before settling in the off position. Another wave of negativity hit me, and he was standing over me again, standing behind me. Anger was the strongest emotion that was being put off by him. He was showing me that he was capable of manipulating things physically, if he wished; he could, if he so wished, physically harm me.

I hurried back out into the living room. I didn't ask God to protect me; I had started looking into shadow people by this point, and I had seen that as a common element in most shadow people stories where the shadow person behaves less than kindly to the narrator. Ask God for help, and the shadow person is dispelled. I had tried this a couple times when I saw him in my room, and it seemed only to encourage him then, so I wasn't trying it now when he was already so angry. Instead, like a pitiful child, I found myself huddled on the couch begging quietly for my mother, for my grandmother (who for much of my life had been like the second parent my dad never had bothered being). And, to my utter surprise (it hadn't been to any purpose, just the pitiful child in me doing what was natural), it worked. I didn't see them. I didn't necessarily feel them there, but I felt the negativity lift away. I went to my room afterwards, and slept uneasily with both the overhead light and my lamp on.

After this, seeing how the shadow person reacted to me calling upon my loved ones for help, I decided it would be best if, rather than let him intimidate me right back into isolation, I became even more social. I continued talking with my friend I mentioned before about it, as well as with my brother. The shadow apparently decided to counter me with similar tactics: if I could be more social, then so could he. My brother, my older nephew, and I returned home from the lake one day to find my sister-in-law looking quite terrified. My brother asked her what was wrong. Not five minutes before we turned home, she saw something out of the corner of her eye and looked up to see a tall shadow on the wall to the right of the computer, behind the television console. It looked fairly human in shape, but was a bit large. It seemed out of place, and she looked around to see what might be casting it. After seeing nothing that could have cast it, she glanced back in time to see it walk, at a leisurely enough pace, across the wall, across the hallway, and disappear to the left of my door.

At this point in time, I hadn't told my sister-in-law about my experiences with the shadow man, and neither had my brother. This was like confirmation for me; before, I might have been going nuts. Now, someone else had seen it head on, someone I hadn't even mentioned it to. Once again, the shadow was showing me the extent of the power I had provided it; that it could use others, people I cared about, to get to me. Once again, I didn't let it deter me. I could fight back, too. I could be positive, I didn't have to provide it with the negativity it fed on - for at this point, I was positive that's what it wanted me for. For a while, I had been the perfect source of negative emotions, but no more. As I got more social, so did he. As I told more people of him, he showed himself to more people. I could feel that he was getting angrier that his tactics were falling short of molding me back into that lonely, depressed girl that had been the perfect source of negativity for him for years. One night, sometime in late 2010, he decided on a new tactic.

I was in my room one night. It was already well after midnight, and I was wide awake, writing, my insomnia in full swing at the time for no reason other than to spite me. I had just come back into my room from getting a glass of water, observed that my oldest nephew, five at the time, had come out of his room and fallen asleep on the sofa, which he often does at night. I checked on his younger brother, two at the time, and he was fast asleep in his playpen, the television on and turned down low as it was every night. I had sat back down on my bed, listening to the sounds of quiet cartoons through the wall, when I heard the television shut off. I paused; I knew both of my nephews were asleep. If my older nephew had woken up, or if my brother or his wife were checking on the kids, I would have heard the door open as the doorframe is slightly warped and makes quite a noise when it's opened. My younger nephew, even if he had woken up, couldn't get out of his playpen, and the playpen was too far away from the television for him to be able to touch it. Needless to say, I was on immediate alert.

I heard that growl again, for the first time in months, that inhuman sound that I had last heard outside the back door... Only this time, it was in my nephews' room. My younger nephew woke up screaming. I hurried into the next room, calmed him down, got him a sippy-cup of juice, and he was back to sleep in no time, but I wasn't exactly calm myself. This tactic had been foolproof, on the part of the shadow man. My nephews mean the world to me, and have gotten me through much more than they'll probably ever know. I would do anything in my power to protect them. They're a weak spot for me; apparently the shadow decided that if he couldn't isolate me and make me depressed, he could push the anger button. Anger is a negative emotion, after all. And little as I liked it, it worked. Of course I was angry; he had terrorized my nephew for the sake of getting to me. I was angry he had gone that far, I was angry it had worked so well, and I was angry at myself for letting it work. He hasn't done this again yet, and I'm very glad for that.

At this point in time, I don't feel threatened by him. He only has as much power as I give him. As long as I have my nephews as a weak spot, he certainly has the power to anger me, at the very least. However, I've learned to control the effect his own negativity has on me; I try to stay on guard all the time, and as long as I'm on guard when he comes around, I can sense the negative emotions he puts off but they don't affect my own emotions. From what I have read on shadow beings like this one (for one, I recently found an article on hooded shadow people of his exact nature; the accuracy with which it described what I was going through unnerved me a little), he may be around for quite some time. At the very least, I can say that there are much worse things that could be stalking me. I don't believe him demonic, though I certainly don't consider him benevolent. For now, I'll deal with him the best that I can. I have my weapons against him, and he has his weapons against me. More than anything, as he doesn't have quite as terrible an effect on me as he had even a year ago, I find him quite an interesting subject for study. As much as I hate to admit it, I might be a little sad if he left me alone forever.

I am very sorry that was so long, but to be honest, I would even consider this to be a bit concise; with as much experience as I've had with him, as much as I've read on shadow people since he started appearing to me, I could probably write a book on him at this point. This just includes when he came into my life and my most notable experiences with him, more or less.

Other hauntings by Comma

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Comma, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lostgirlsINC (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-06)
Shadow people are evil and they feed on negative emotions though they prefer fear above all others and they are repelled by most positive emotions that's all I can really say I'm still trying to get rid of the one following me. Be safe they are very dangerous.
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
Nidham_Morgue - So, you think that shadow people fall into one of 2 categories; demons or "dark angels"? Considering all of the accounts that I've read on YGS, I can't subscribe to that. Unfortunately, I've never met one face to face. So, I can't speak from experience. I can only say that I think all life forms (physical or otherwise) are capable of being good or evil. Based on what I've read on YGS, there's no reason for me to believe otherwise.

Actually, I might not have been completely truthful. It's possible that I have seen a form of shadow person once or twice in recent years. If memory serves, I was lying in bed on my stomach. So, my arm was somewhat in the way. However, I thought I saw something roughly the shape of a person walk in front of me. This figure was not pitch black. It was merely darker than the area behind it (from my perspective) and translucent. Everyone was asleep except me and we don't have pets. So, I know it wasn't a family member. Besides, this happened on my side of the bed. I was facing away from my wife. I didn't even try to get a better look. I just laid still and hoped it would go way; which it did fairly quickly as far as I could tell unless it stood somewhere out of my line of sight. I think this happened between 2008 and 2009. I didn't feel as though I were in danger. There were 2 reasons that I didn't react. 1) If it wasn't somehow a trick of light, I didn't want this thing to know that I saw it and 2) I was a bit scared to find out whether or not I saw what I thought I saw.
Nidham_Morgue (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
Very interesting story, and quite common in fact. "shadow people" as they are referred to, are typically either demons or dark angels, although a powerful ghost may take on such a shape due to its association with powerful entities. Demonic ones have red eyes usually, and the angels have piercing white eyes.

You say your father was hardly a saint. I've known people like this, and found that evil entities will follow them. If it finds innocent people the person has negatively affected, it will commonly choose to follow and terrorize the people instead. This includes such things as killing off the persons loved ones, unfortunately. This very thing has occurred with my aunt and cousins recently, my uncle leaving his "followers" to terrorize them after going to prison. However, what terrorizes them is nothing like this, I'll admit.

I would like to try to answer your questions, too.

1) How did this "shadow man" become a conscious being?
As I said, it is likely a demon, although how it came to you was likely through your father.
2) Is its consciousness an extension of your own?
No, although it brings up an interesting idea. In theory, if your father was a sort of "demon given physical form", it could be what you might call his "true self"

I guess the rest I've more or less answered already, but if you have one you think I didn't really answer, I can try and answer it.

7) Could we become this being? Not in shadow form, but "in the flesh"? Not possessed by external intelligence, but so consumed by our own negative energy/emotions that we become this entity?

Yes. You could almost consider this their goal. If they can't kill you, they'll convert you. In a way at least.

You seem to have at least put him into a "stalemate" of sorts, if you're not outright winning.
If he does fight back more viciously, or tries some new vile trick, I'd be glad to help you take care of the problem however I can. Unfortunately, I'm far too experienced with such things, but at least I can help others.
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-11)
granny - Thanks for the reply. Your theories are quite logical. I definitely can't say that I disagree. Personally, I think I need to learn more about these entities and give my questions some serious thought.

I don't want to derail things, but you mentioned poltergeists. With the outrageously high amounts of negativity (in various forms) that were in my parents' house when I was a teenager, I am shocked that there wasn't any poltergeist activity. Maybe it was because I unleashed my negative feelings on those who deserved it and, unfortunately, I also occasionally unleashed it on people who didn't deserve it. Darn! I really wish we had a forum in which we could discuss this stuff rather than posting off topic under someone's story.

Does anyone else want to share their thoughts on the questions that I asked?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
TID: Great questions!...And any answers on my part are merely conjecture...But, I'm going to go with the first three, as these seem to align with this situation in my opinion...

1. I think we can all agree that ghosts/spirits/entities need energy to manifest, whether negative, positive or otherwise... One only needs to research about poltergeists to understand how our own energy can cause "ghostly" encounters... In this situation, I believe that the author's inability or unwillingness to allow her grief to disipate naturally by pushing it out and away from her, has caused this being to manifest...Soooo...

2. Yes, the entity is an extension of her own consciousness, which is why I believe she no longer fears it, as somewhere her logical mind has has reasoned that it won't hurt her unless she allows it to... That it has started to pick on people/things near and dear to her, shows me that the more she ignores her feelings of grief, the more effect it's going to have on others, as negative feelings in any form affect all who interact with the person, not just the person experiencing it...

3. This is why I suggested counseling... One has to find a balance in super ego/ego/id to remain mentally stable when dealing with the paranormal... Not that she's crazy πŸ˜†, but in order to put him to rest, she needs to face the fact that her feelings exist and they must be dealt with...
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
I think plenty of good advice has been given. So, I'm not going to rehash what they've said. I do, however, have several questions based on what granny said. She suggested that this "shadow person" is the negative energy/emotions that you initially set outside of yourself. In the interest of learning more about the paranormal, here are the questions that I'd like everyone to ponder over:

1) How did this "shadow man" become a conscious being?

2) Is its consciousness an extension of your own?

3) If the answer to 2 is yes, is this your "id" taking physical form?

4) If the asnwer to 2 is no, did some sort of conscious entity latch on to the negative energy/emotions?

5) If so, what could this conscious entity be? An elemental?

6) If not, what is the source of its "intelligence"?

Here's a scary question for people who hold these negative energies/emotions inside (i.e. Not venting or releasing them in any form) rather than releasing them in a positive way or setting them "outside" of yourself:

7) Could we become this being? Not in shadow form, but "in the flesh"? Not possessed by external intelligence, but so consumed by our own negative energy/emotions that we become this entity?

Having asked all of these questions, I'm not implying that all "shadow people" are bad. Some could be human spirits that just can't take on the full human form for whatever reason. Others could be more altruistic or merely observers. It could also be that not all "shadow people" are the same type of entity. I guess that was implied in the previous statements. I just thought I'd write it explicitly to give the notion more focus.

I'm quite interested in reading everyone's thoughts (typed as comments... Not literally mind reading 😊) on this topic. That includes the OP and ANYONE else interested in participating in this "on topic" discussion. So, let's take what might be known about the various forms/types of "shadow people" and apply these questions to that information. Does it provide all of the answers? Does it lead to more questions? Let's find out!
Jleigh (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-31)
Thanks for your reply comma, and I have tried to research it for myself but I haven't got very far, and yes I did think about writing my own story of expirences since I did the Ouija board but haven't got round to it yet.
RougeWitch (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-29)
❀ Dear Comma
I can't believe what I read but I know what you said it's true,I'am so so so sorry for your grandmother, grandfather and especially your mother. I hope you moved from that house and definately the thing that was harasing you was a demon. I hope you are fine now and all your familly and friends are. Whenever you get again in such problems (But I hope you will never get) Go fast to a good priest and cast a circle of salt and stay in it or just throw salt on you (it helps me when I'm scared). I know the feeling of something that control your emotions (It happened to me). Or if you feel you are haunted again call for a Wiccan or psychologists/mediums.I want you to stay strong you have your brother and friends beside you and also God. I wish all the best for you 😒.
If you want to ask me anything or need advices you can contact me at: sister_of_the_craft [at] yahoo.com.
... ❀ Bianca
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-29)
Comma,

I have no problems sharing it here in the comments section. I actually prefer it over e-mail that way others who may only be reading and have a similar situation may benefit as well. Here it goes... (This is the basic one I use... You you wish I can attempt to tailor one for your particular situation...)

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

So there it is, I hope it helps. Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-29)
I don't think you're crazy. I think the whole situation is. I do understand, though. I just hope you can be freed of this maddness. It isn't your fault unless you do nothing to rid yourself of this A-hole. They are hard to shake though. I will keep you in prayer. You didn't offend me one bit. I'm just worried for you & your future. This thing does have the power to ruin lives. I know this. & there are times when the get shi^^y when you try to get rid of them, but don't EVER give up.

~LSD~
Comma (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-29)
Lotus, I'm sorry if I do sound crazy. Yes, I would like to get rid of it; I wasn't trying to insult anyone that has had terrible experiences with shadow people, and I'm sorry if I did insult or anger you at all. I have an emotional attachment to the thing that even I can't explain. I'm not saying I want it, I'm definitely not saying I like it, but it is most certainly there. Even I agree it's a bit mad, but I can't very well help something that I have no explanation for; it's just another obstacle I'll have to overcome before I can permanently rid myself of him.

In part, I suppose I'm still afraid; I've seen a lot of terrible stories in which cleansing and blessing have totally backfired in cases with negative entities, which turns me away from it a little. It also revolves around my interest in studying shadow people; not all of them are evil. I know many of them are, but a huge portion of them are observers, some even seem benevolent and protective. Mine would fall in the negative category. A third likely reason for my apparent madness would be that I still get the feeling that he came into being from my own negative emotions, in which case, it's my own fault he exists, and I feel guilty to top everything else; guilty for making something so negative exist, and guilty that my friends and family have had to waste their time helping me with something that's entirely my fault. Maybe I feel like I deserve the negativity. Like I said, I'm not sure the reasoning, however crazy it may be.

And again, I'm very deeply sorry if I seem discourteous of others who have had terrible experiences with similar entities. This is only my experience and I don't wish for it to reflect upon anyone else.
Comma (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-29)
Reaver11: Thanks! I do mostly ignore when he comes around now; I really only regard him when he catches me off guard or surprises me. Are you planning on posting any of your experiences here? I'm just sort of curious, as I'm always interested in hearing others' experiences with shadow people.

Rook: First, thank you for being so helpful! As I said, I am interested in learning about this shielding technique; should I email you for it or would you post it in the comments? Whatever'is more convenient for you is fine by me. I actually have had one other notable experience with this shadow person that I didn't include because I'm not entirely sure if I should post it here; it involved him quite strongly, but it also surrounded a tarot card reading. Therefore, I'm not sure if it should go on this site, or one of the others at the top of the page, the spirituality and psychic experience sites, as it could fall partly into all three categories. I'm really examining the rules of all the sites before I actually submit the story anywhere. I will certainly do my best to offer updates whenever anything new, interesting, or even troubling happens.

Jleigh: I'd be more than happy to help out as much as I can; I don't claim to be an expert on these matters by any means, but I've done a lot of research into the paranormal. I guess you could call it sort of a hobby. Before anything else, I'd like to ask: are you planning on posting a full story on your experiences since the Ouija board?

Now, based on what you've said, it does sound quite physically similar to the shadow person stalking me (only real difference is my shadow's hood isn't pointed, but anyway). You said you've only seen this shadow itself once, so it's hard to say it's exact nature, or if it was even what caused your sensing evil. It very well could have been; there's every chance it might still be around and just only showed itself to you one time. Or, it might have shown up once and left. Hooded shadows seem attracted to negativity in many cases, so it might have sensed another negative presence that had taken an interest in you after your use of the Ouija board, investigated, and left. It's hard to say when you've only seen this shadow person once.

The way you described your body being asleep but your mind being awake, it almost sounds like sleep paralysis--aside from being unable to move your body, you feel awake and experience hallucinations; but if it only started happening after the experience with the Ouija board and you had no past experience with sleep paralysis, then it's hard to say if that's all it is. I don't mean to discount your story at all, believe me; I just like to consider all possibilities before jumping to the conclusion that there's an evil entity being behind it. There's also the fact that you feel fine when you don't sleep in your room, which could also discount sleep paralysis. Then again, your feelings of stress and unease while in your room could trigger the sleep paralysis.

Even if it is sleep paralysis you're experiencing, that might not discount that something could have taken an interest to you after you used the Ouija board; sleep paralysis can be triggered by stress, and feeling evil and negativity coming off of an outside entity while you're trying to get to sleep certainly could cause that sort of stress. Sleep paralysis is generally the number one explanation that discounts myths and legends of incubi and demons in ancient times; I tend to wonder if the stress caused by some negative entities might cause sleep paralysis, which would add to the terror of the negative entity by also triggering hallucinations to go along with it. Definitely not a great combination.

If you're looking to get rid of whatever this evil might be, I'd recommend a blessing or a cleansing ritual of some kind; I'm unfortunately not very knowledgeable on these subjects, but I'm positive that you'll get some help if you post your story to this site and ask around a bit more; all of the users seem very helpful in my experience here. Don't give up and good luck!
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-29)
So what exactly do you want to happen with this creep? Yu stated you'd be a little sad if it left you alone, which I'm sorry but that sounds pretty crazy. I've NEVER had a good experience with shadow people. One inparticular really would get to me at my parents old home in Aurora, CO. It would lift my arm as I slep I sigh ALL THE time real loud & annoying. But what really pissed me off is when it would mess with my children. Unfortunately there was no way I could get rid of the jerk because my family was SO depressed & wrong. It thrived on the constant struggle my family would have with oneanother. I have such a negative family really. There were more spirits than just the huge hooded one. It didn't follow when they moved to New Mexico though they accumulated different spirits in the house they're in now. But that's for another time. I haven't read any other comments but I will now. I just wanted to know what exactly you plan on doing with this thing?

~LSD~
Jleigh (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
Comma, I can relate to this expierence a lot I'm almost 18 years of age at the moment whilst I was in my last year of school which is now two years ago I experimented with an ouija board with a few school friends. We did an opening and closing prayer which reasured us in doing the board would be safe to do so, we did the board and it was an emotional expierence for us all. However after doing the ouija board I started to have some very ghostly expierence's but none of my friends were expierencing anything. I have had a lot of scary expierences but one of them realates to this alot. Sorry this may seem far to long but please continue to read. When ever I have had my expierences I am physically asleep but my mind seems to be awake! I can't explain what state I'm in but I know for sure it's not me dreaming. I came in from going out as usual and by this point my expierences had already begun, so I was anxious to sleep as always so I went to bed put my television on and night lamp and fell asleep after a few hours, I then had a terrifying expierence my bedroom is a small single room but in my head I watched as my wall furthest away from my bed extended backwards and my room got unusually big. I then could see a figure in all black with a huge pointed hood with red glowing eyes but no facial features all I could see was it's eyes it began to move closer towards me in a motion as if someone was bouncing a basketball in and out of there legs and each time it got closer to me I could hear its breath getting louder and louder this happened about 5 or 6 times and then its breath was so close to my ear it felt as though he was stood right next to me and then I woke up feeling very very scared but I have only saw him once throughout my expierences, however I want to know more about this figure even though I was terrified I want to learn more about this can you help?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
Comma,

Just keep us posted as to what is going on, this is absolutely fascinating. As far as the shielding goes, all you need to do is ask and I'll post it for you.

Respectfully,

Rook
Reaver11 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
Comma, very interesting story and sorry for the lose of loved ones. Keep up on fighting it. I have a shadow stalker as well and it hasnt really reappeared to me since I have been keeping the up-beat attitutde. Good tactic and also I have found that sometimes, even though you know its right behind you or watching, just don't look back and act like you don't even notice it. Continue what you're doing.
Keep fighting, and may God bless you
Comma (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
zzsgranny: Oh, don't worry; I'm fully aware of the fact that there are plenty different creeds of shadow people; mine seems a minority. The most accounts I've read of them, they seemed only to be observers. The first time I mentioned this guy to my brother and he told me to look into shadow people, I was in research mode the second I got to the nearest computer, and practically ALL I could find were accounts of them observing the living, not interfering; occasionally there was an account of them being physically harmful to the point of being possibly demonic, though this is actually pretty rare as well. Even with my negative experience with shadow people, I do my best to correct anyone that tries calling them all purely demonic; spirits take on many different forms, and just because something looks a little sinister doesn't necessarily mean it is. You can't judge a book by it's cover, not when it comes to people or spirits.

I have actually found this on the hooded man:

Http://urbanlegendfolkloremyths.blogspot.com/2010/01/shadow-people-hooded-man.html

I found it googling very recently, few weeks ago at the most, and I have no idea how I hadn't stumbled across it before. This is the blog/article I mentioned towards the end of my story. It seems a mahority of hooded shadow men cases involve those that are attracted to people who have delved into dark doings or are just extremely negative. Whether they are a manifestation of the negativity, or are simply a spirit-race of sorts that are attracted to darkness on the whole is up for speculation. I often leaned towards mine being a manifestation, but my brother believes he was a preexisting being that was attracted to the negativity around me. At this point, I'm somewhere between the two theories; I prefer not to discredit much of anything, and I'm open to any possibility.

As for the hat man, I have yet to look into him much. I've heard of accounts where he was less than friendly, but in most he just seems to observe. I've also seen fewer accounts of people being stalked by hat men than I have hooded shadow people; it seems that hat men usually come for a short period, observe, and leave. Not true in every single case, but in the majority of them that I've read. Why, I really can't say.

I'd actually like to come into contact with a wider variety of shadow people; they're an extremely interesting class of spirit, if only because of how much mystery they're shrouded in. There's so many theories on them, and I think it a definite possibility that they might all hold some truth, as I don't believe all shadow people fall into a single, solid group. Just like there are vengeful spirits, neutral observers, and lost souls in more tangible apparitions; it seems there are different subclasses of shadow people. Some of them are spirits of the dead, some of them can be tormenters, some can be flat-out demonic in nature, some observe, some protect; there are too many subclasses to really lump them all together.

It's already helped me in just the short time I've been here. I still don't think I'll be too immediately comfortable sharing my strong beliefs in the paranormal with a whole lot of other people; I caught enough slack as early as elementary school because us devil-worshippin' yankee folk didn't go to church (from students, parents, and occasionally even teachers); and amazingly, the ignorance only got worse as I got older. I don't mind the South, but there's such a vast majority of close-minded people where I live that it's probably safer for me to stick to talking with close friends and family with whom I don't have to worry about being persecuted as a she-devil or something.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
Comma: Yes, that was my intention when I asked you to read my story, for you to see the differences in the type of shadow person/people one may be visited by, depending on the type of negative emotions/feelings that person has... In my son's case, it was his guilt...

I've been discussing with some friends how it seems like the "hooded guy" is more malevolent than the "hat man"...What has you research/experience taught you so far about this theory?...Any thoughts?

And I have found that coming and posting on this site has indeed helped me to open up about my beliefs to others, and given me courage to say "Yeah, I believe in ghosts"! πŸ˜†...Also, the more I open up to people, the more believers I've found who are willing to open up to me!...It's pretty great 😊
Comma (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
James: No need to thank me, I always reply; I feel compelled to, both to answer questions and give my thanks for the advice. With all the free time I have lately, I'd feel guilty if I neglected replying. I could certainly see him being the wandering spirit of someone with a less than wonderful attitude. The spirit world is undoubtedly very different from our own world, and I don't believe that the spirit of a person, particularly not a person whose spirit has been changed by extreme sorrow, self-loathing, or hate, will necessarily look the same as they may have in life. Really, I don't discount any theory when it comes to shadow people, given the hugely vast variety of experiences people have had with them. I actually spent my morning watching an indie "horror" (though it was more dark fantasy, in my personal opinion) with a lost-soul-turned-sour antagonist that honestly reminded me a bit of the behavior of my shadow person. He doesn't seem very human in most cases... But there are plenty of living humans that don't have much humanity themselves, so one can never be too quick to judge.

Zzsgranny: I actually meditate quite regularly, it's something I'm very interested in. My only issue with it is I get vertigo occasionally when I'm meditating while seated, which can get bad enough to cause me to fall over; and I just fall asleep if I meditate lying down πŸ˜† I've had success with it and have gotten better about dealing with the vertigo, though, and it's something I can't believe I lived without for the majority of my life. Unfortunately, I can't meditate outside right now; I live in South Carolina, and we're currently in a ridiculous heat wave. I mean 95 degree F and up, generally over 115 heat index, and often over 75 percent humidity. Not only is it uncomfortable to be outside lately, it's also physically dangerous. I've really grown to despise summers here over the years; I hate not being able to go outside. For protection stones, I wear turquoise quite a bit, which is often considered to be protective. I also wear one of my grandmother's rings and a Claddagh ring for my mother (she wore them often as a tribute to our heritage; I don't have one of hers, since most of her jewelry mysteriously disappeared shortly after she passed away πŸ˜•), so as to have them with me in some essence at all times. I've been meaning to look into other protective stones, but I have a habit of getting sidetracked when I do research and ending up on an entirely different subject from what I started on by the time I'm finished. No worries, I found the correspondence quite interesting. There wasn't much on the shadow person specifically; from what I read, it really seemed more helpful than malevolent, but it wasn't nearly enough for me to judge on. And yet, it also seemed to have come at a negative period for your son; perhaps a lot of them hold some attraction to negativity, though they aren't all negative in and of themselves. I don't know; like I said, I'm just an interested spectator at this point. I have noticed, and I'm so extremely grateful that everyone on the site seems so helpful; I had my doubts when I posted my first story. I was honestly dead scared of posting it in the first place, as simply recalling the memory terrified me. Since getting it off of my chest and discussing it with some of the wonderful people on this website, however, I even got up the courage to speak with my brother about it; I don't think I've ever been more grateful for the internet before.

DragonStorm80: I do keep a journal online, with backups of my entries on my computer as well; I've detailed a lot more there than I have here. But I also like discussing these things, which is really what brought me here. I signed up for the site a couple years ago, I think, but I never did anything other than that; I only recently rediscovered it an talked myself into posting a story. I've only been here regularly for a few weeks, but I already love the atmosphere (disregarding one post from a troll on my first entry; I know they're not any example of most of the people that frequent this page). I will certainly be taking some of the advice; I came more looking to share this story rather than looking for advice on it, but I'm always open to advice and I have certainly been given some wonderful pieces here.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
There is some fantastic advice already given in this thread and I am glad it has been heard and forgive me if I repeat anyone.

But I think keeping a journal of your thoughts and feelings may help you to work through any emotions you do have, invoked by this shadow or not, once they are written down you can go through them later on your own, with a friend or even on here and gain some better perspective of you own emotions.

I hope you follow the advice on here and that you do in fact find the peace you are seeking within yourself and your life through your expression and sharing of your experiences 😊 ❀
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
Comma: I think lazria's post pretty much sums up what I was going to continue with had I not allowed life to interfere! πŸ˜†...

Okay, since any counceling or therapy is out of the question at this point, I think by putting your story here and getting it off your chest is a good start... Have you tried any kind of meditation, or chakra alignment?...One common misconception about meditation is that you allow yourself to go into another world, almost... Not so; all you really need to do is find a quiet place, preferably outside, and open your senses... Allow yourself to hear, smell, taste, feel and see everything around you...

Rook's advice about the cleansing will work no matter what your beliefs...Also, do a little research on protection crystals and stones... I know a lot of people who carry "worry stones" in their pockets...

I hate to toot my own horn, but I'd like you to read one of my stories about how Rook helped me out:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=10984

My son had a few encounters with a shadow person, also...However, with Rook's help, he was able to work through exactly what was bugging him and hasn't had a "shadow" visit for quite some time...

I hope you know that the posters on this site have the biggest shoulders and most open ears when it comes to talking out concerns or problems... My e-mail is always posted, just in case you may not want to post very personal questions or comments here 😊 ❀
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
Comma--Thanks for your reply to me and to the rest of us who seem drawn to certain people and stories. Dialoguing brings depth and dimensions into which we can direct our positive energy.
It occurs to me possible that whatever this shadow person is, it might be the remnants of a very sour and angry person which you are helping to neutralize and even, perhaps, bring closer to the light and freedom with your forbearance and determination.
To those for whom you are grateful must very well be grateful for you, too.
All the best. ~ James
Comma (3 stories) (16 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
James, Sorry I missed your post in my reply... I knew I should have copied what I'd typed and refreshed the page before I posted. But anyway.

What I meant of anger was the type of anger the shadow decided to invoke in me by tormenting my nephew; I can say that it certainly wasn't very positive. I was furious the entire night and for a good portion of the next day. And as much as negative energy, this shadow man also seems to revel in getting attention, can't stomach being ignored; so, in essence, he was killing two birds with one stone by bringing forth some negativity on my part and getting the attention I'd been neglecting offering him for quite some time at that point.

For my beliefs, I've got a whole mess of ideals borrowed from a number of different religions, but I suppose I tend to lean towards paganism and nature-based religions. I also very strongly believe in guardian spirits and spirit guides; I know my nana is looking out for me actively, and I'm at least fairly sure my mother is. I probably also have a handful of guardian spirits I've never known personally. I think if it weren't for them, as well as for friends and family still in the realm of the living, this shadow would have gotten to me quite a bit more.

To be honest, the growling always worried me more than anything else after the first time I heard it. All the accounts I've heard of with the growling have been very, very negative; physically harmful, in many cases, but there has never been any attempt at physical harm from this shadow person; in fact, shortly before he showed up, there was a spirit on the property that had a thing for leaving bruises and scratches on females; my mother, my sister-in-law, family friends who spent the night, and myself woke up on more than one occasion with hand-shaped bruises on our legs. After I started seeing glimpses of shadows, it stopped rather abruptly for me. Now it doesn't happen to me or my sister-in-law anymore. It seems like this was more of a territorial thing than a protective thing, but at the same time, it proves to me that I could have worse things haunting me.

I suppose I likely won't miss him; sort of a subconscious worry more than anything. There are positive spirits here; it seems they really only just started coming around again, which seems to indicate that he's either weakened or lightened up on his territorial issues. And I thank you, and don't think you sound like a 'toad' πŸ˜† With as much of my spare time as I spend writing, I'd be bothered if I wasn't at least slightly literate.

Darkfantum, I really have my doubts that this entity is demonic; there are a lot of signs pointing to the contrary. Demons tend to be a bit more physical with their victims, as well as evil; this entity is really only negative, not nearly bad enough to be considered evil. Powerful, certainly, but the sheer fact that he's been following me for five years and hasn't ever made an honest attempt at physically harming me, or doing anything more than depressing me, really makes me doubt that he's demonic. The nature of shadow people is extremely debated; some demons do appear in the form of a shadow, but not all shadow people are demons, it seems, despite their rather menacing appearance.

HappySpirit, Like I said, I've considered this theory myself, and I'd love to seek counseling, but due to lack of money and means, it's not an option for me right now. I don't think he's purely in my imagination; I almost had myself convinced he might be for the longest time, until the incident with my sister-in-law seeing him without hearing about him beforehand, and subsequently quite a few friends that hadn't been told noticing shadows. I think he might be a manifestation of the negativity, as "physical" energy manifestations are certainly possible; that's all poltergeists generally are, so why not a manifestation of purely negativity? There was certainly enough of it. I have faith he'll go away, or at least make himself extremely scarce, once I fully overcome losing my mom. I've dealt with those feelings I threw away when my nana died, but I'm still dealing with losing my mom; that was a huge blow to me, and it could be a long time before I fully come to terms with it. Until I do, I guess I'll just have to deal with this shadow person the best I can, and with as well as I'm doing now it's no huge concern to me.
HappySpirit (187 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
Fantastic story, Comma. I tend to agree with zzsGranny and some of the other posters that this shadow being could be a projection of your own repressed/disgarded grief and anger. Regardless, you've gone through a lot for a young person. Therapy to face the rest would be helpful although you seem to be doing pretty well. I think once you process through the remaining negativity you had to repress and discard (to survive and get through the day sometimes we have to do this) you will find the shadow man disappearing and you won't have the desire to see him again.
darkfantum (44 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
i find that this hooded figure could possibley be a demon with its glowing red eyes and its power to mess with your emotions, ot is kind of like the red eyes they saw in the amityville incident

Darkfantum
Comma (3 stories) (16 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
Wow, I wasn't expecting so many replies to crop up so quickly. I really need to keep a closer eye on this.

Rook, I actually have tried EVP, but not for a very long time. The only time I tried it was when I was still scared to death of this entity, and the only result I got was something like the growls that I heard outside my back door and in my nephews' room. I deleted it almost immediately after I recorded it; I figured posting it anywhere online and asking for opinions would immediately get it declared as a fake. I may try again sometime soon. All I have now are an audio recorder on my digital camera and on my phone, but I suppose you never know. As for the shielding method, I am certainly interested... But more from an 'interested spectator' standpoint; at this particular point in time, I don't think it's something that I'd use myself. I'm much too interested in him as a subject for study. I've criticized people, generally only in my head, for giving attention to less than friendly spirits before... I suppose I'm eating my words, or at least my thoughts, now. Thanks very much!

Hellquin, I've actually never tried spirit writing, actually; it's something I'm interested in, though. I may actually give that a try. I have gotten some interesting results on a Tarot card spread meant to contact spirits that I believe may have been the shadow speaking to me, so it doesn't seem he's entirely adverse to communicating.

MmLuvXx, I have done that when I've felt him around; he's not much for knocking on things, apparently. And he certainly hasn't gone away, I actually caught a glimpse of him out of the corner of my eye this morning. It's become such a regular thing that it hardly bothers me anymore πŸ˜†

Zsgranny, I have considered counseling and therapy quite strongly; I just have zero means of getting either at the moment. I have no money, I have no means of transportation, which is why I'm currently living with my brother and his wife. Sort of another source of grief there; I can't stand being a burden on them, but I don't have anywhere else I can go right now. I have thought of the shadow as possibly a manifestation of my own negativity in and of himself; it would explain a number of things, such as why he's so particularly attached to me. The fact that he would have initially been made up of neglected feelings would explain his constant need for attention. Yet I've heard of other people experiencing very similar things with very similar shadow people; so I wonder if it wasn't a preexisting entity that just grew attached to me after feeding off of my negative energy for so long. I don't claim to know anything more about him than anyone that hasn't had the... Er, pleasure, of meeting him; I'm just an interested spectator.

Bacchaegrl, I don't claim for a second to be strong; I did buckle under the pressure for quite a while. I was a straight A student in school, but it got to the point where I would have failed my junior and senior years if I hadn't pulled out and gone into homeschooling, it was so distracting. I actually tried to go back both years, but didn't make it for more than a few months either time. I didn't tell anyone for quite a long time what was going on, about the shadow person or just how badly I was taking my mom passing away, and I didn't get the least bit brave until I realized I had a weapon I could use against him... Or a shield to hide behind, depending on the way you look at it; the only strength I have derives from very supportive family and friends (both on the living and passed on) that I'm positively blessed to have. Without them, I'd probably be off in an asylum by now, if I was even still alive.

Geetha50, Like I said in my reply to zzsgranny, I have certainly considered counseling; I'm not the type to be too easily ashamed. I don't talk to my family or friends much less because I fear they won't accept it, and more because I don't like burdening people I care about with my problems. Counseling would be wonderful, if it was something I could afford currently. I've very glad that no one seems to have minded how long this came out... My first draft came out at twice this length, actually πŸ˜† This was a second draft I typed up and posted to a forum site I was on beforehand and it hardly got any feedback, so I'm very thoroughly surprised. I know I personally prefer lengthier, more detailed stories; but I know a lot of people who don't. I'm still sort of getting used to the atmosphere here, I guess.

EvilAlbear, Honestly, I think the majority of the war is over at this point; I still have encounters with the shadow, but as they don't really affect me that often anymore, it's more like coexisting with him rather than any sort of fight. And if I do write a book, it'll probably be a more fictional account; I can't keep up with nonfiction writing for more than a few pages without rambling off in another direction.

Cosmogal926, Thanks 😁 I still don't think I'm all that strong, really; like I said in my reply to bacch, I'd be nothing without my family and my friends and I know that full well.

Lazria, My strength only derives from very supportive friends and family; it's them that deserve the applause, not me. I have since addressed those emotions and have very much come to terms with losing my grandmother; even though we were as close as child and parent as much as we were grandchild and grandparent, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that she's still looking out for me; she's actually left something of hers for me and I've seen her once. My mom... I won't lie, I'm still working on coming to terms with that. It's not an easy thing, but I know I will one day. That's where any current depression I have left generally stems from, whether directly or indirectly. I'm learning to deal with it, and I've accepted it. I know I won't ever fully get over losing her; that's not something you get over. But you do grow more accepting of it over time, and that's just something I have to work on. As for discovering more information on the shadow, I don't think that's going to dispel him; he seems as interested in my research as I am. I tend to catch him around when I'm looking up shadow people lately as much as I do when I'm in a depression. He's become a lot more bearable over time, if only because I can block out the effect he once had on me. I'll continue my study either way, whether he leaves or not; shadow people are just an interesting subject overall.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
Comma--You are a most UN"comma"n woman. In the aftermath of all your personal loss and sorrow, you keep the little grey cells working in your brain and the courage in your heart.
As has been stated, Miracles and Rook are highly respected and analytical people and tailor their suggestions to the individual. Many others offer twinkling insights, too, but all I can say at the moment is to remark on the concept of Anger.
Anger is not just of one type, and not by a long shot is all anger negative. The anger that show malice towards all is definitely negative. By, for instance, we can get frustrated and impatient, and while it is termed anger, it's a very low quality and ephemeral. If we see an adult mistreating a child, we get angry enough to intervene. And this seems to be the quality of your anger.
What this persistent shadow man is or represents is open for interpretation or more investigation, if you're so inclined. I understand your desire to find out more, so that you may find the root of the problem and formulate a root solution, but with a growler, I'd be very cautious indeed.
Since your deceased relatives were effective to only a certain extent, and you don't want to pull God into the situation, perhaps you'd consider St. Michael the Archangel, or whatever superpower in your belief system that fights cosmic evil for us poor mortals.
I do applaud your courage and tenacity, and I believe your rationality contributes much to keeping this terror at bay.
I wouldn't be too concerned about missing it once it goes. You've socialized to such an extent that real, jolly, and palpable spirits will easily take its place in your life.
Good luck in your pursuit to a solution, and I appreciate you keeping us posted. As the risk of sounding like a toad, I do so enjoy literate and well-constructed stories such as yours.
~ James
lazria (9 stories) (82 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
I'm glad you took the time to write everything out, it paints a good picture of everything you've dealt with, which I must say is alot. I applad you on your strength and focus, many who would have gone through the same may not have had the strength of character to handle everything.
As zzsgran, rook and bacch all pointed out, this thing is drawn to the emotions you "locked away" and haven't dealt with. It is a grand goal to make yourself be the strong one to help others, but one must remember that in order to do such, one must take care of themselves as well. An arch is as only as strong as it's keystone. I think if you address those "discarded" emotions, it will weaken futher. Plus it may also give you peace over that point in your life.
I can understand both wanting to know more about this "shadow" as well as wanting it gone. Humans are creatures of habit, it's been with you a long time and you've had to learn to deal with it's effects. Although it may have come from negative misfortune, it looks like out of necessaity, it has helped you become a better person. I do hope you continue to fight against this "shadow", even if you choose to study or attempt contact, knowledge of it may help dispell/run it off for good/keep it in check.
Good luck and strong wishes.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
Comma, I think Rook hit the nail right on the head with this one. If you are inclinded to try a protection shield or cleansing, Rook is very experienced and is willing to help.

I am so sorry for all the hard times, and suffering you have been through. Like bacchaegrl said, you are a very strong person for keeping up the good fight. I admire you for that. I wish you luck in your research on shadow people, and hope that you have nothing but bright and happy days ahead of you. Thank you for sharing this with us. 😊
EvilAlbear (2 stories) (14 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
bacchaegrl couldn't have put it any better.
I hope you overcome what seems like a war of emotion between you two and I know you will come out on top.
Truly fascinating story and please do write a book

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: