You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Haunting Gifts

Real Ghost Stories

Haunting Gifts

 

As a little boy I've always been attracted to spiritual things. I would tell my mom of things I see or hear. Or ask if I could sleep with her because something was wrong in my room. I would say "it's evil." I would cry sometimes because I was scared. I remember being so terrified, I can't really remember why though. I remember my room being really dark. Seeing dark things, and stuff at my window. Hearing whispers. Little did I know.

I didn't know my family had a history of this sort of stuff. Well at least my mothers side. My grandmother Elaine is extremely spiritual and whenever I have a problem, I go to her for advice and prayers. It started around puberty. My mother, brother, and I lived in an apartment right in Austin, with our roomate Emy. She worked with my mother, and was a close friend. I remember watching "The Hills" one night in the living room with my brother. It was getting late and my brother fell asleep. I was going to wait for the episode to end when this little baby candle we had on the kitchen counter started to flicker. We had never turned it on. It was just for decoration. I got a little scared. I turned the tv off, and carried my brother to my bed. I didn't close the door to my room, and from my bed I could still see the little candle trying to turn on. I envied my brother for being asleep. In the morning I checked the candle. No melted wax, burnt wick. Nothing.

My brother and I would always hear things. We would hear scratches on the walls, and our cat would go crazy sometimes. It eventually ran away. We moved to another apartment. Same complex, same things happening. Then we moved to a whole other complex. Things got more weird.

I remember one day my brother and I were home alone. I was 13, he was 6. We would always play, chase each other, and play the gamecube. Is was just like any ordinary day, we were playing and I chased him into the hall with a shoe. He went into my moms room, and I waited for him outside the door, because the minute he opened it, I would throw the shoe at him. I saw the doorknob turning, got my shoe ready, and the door opened slowly. I threw my shoe. And nothing. I had waited 10 minutes, and I expected him to jump out at me. I went into my moms room and heard him taking a bath. I went in and asked him how he opened the door. He told me he never opened it. He said he went straight to the bathroom when he came in. I explained to him what happened, and he told me to shut up. But he saw my confused expression and got scared. I waited for him to dry and change, and we went to my room.

We waited for my mom to get home and we were playing the gamecube, when Emy's door flew open. Whenever my door was open you could see hers perfectly. We got so scared. I called my mom and told her to hurry. When she got home we explained to her, and she shrugged it off.

Things got worse. I could hear voices. When I was alone by myself I could hear my mom, or brother call my name. No one else was in the house. One night I was going to bed, when I saw the hall light turn on. I knew it was on because I could see the light from the bottom crack of the door. Then I heard my dog Carmelo running around the apartment. I could hear his feet on the carpet, and his tags jingling. As if he were running so fast. Kind of like he did after I gave him a bath. Then I was about to open my door, when he started scratching on my door. I found that kind of odd. So I waited. The scratches got more violent. My door started shaking. The hall light started turning on and off. My room walls were connected to the living room. So I could hearing anything in the living room from my room. I heard the switches violently turning on and on. Then the scratches were on the wall from the living room. The same wall my bed rested against. But they were coming from the other side. I started crying. I called my mom. She came out and everything stopped. The light stayed on.

I told her what happened. Surprisingly, Carmelo had been in her room asleep. I went to sleep in her room. I felt so safe.

After that I would her the kitchen sink turn on. Always at 12:00am. I would feel somebody touch me in the bathroom. Hear my name. When I would be in the bathroom, the doorknob would turn violently. Like someone trying to get in. Or scare me. But no one would be home. I would brush my teeth in the mornings without the light on because of my room window. The light would turn on by itself. One night I spent the night at my dads. My siblings knew nothing of ghosts, or anything. The next morning my sister seemed quiet. Distant. My dad is an alcoholic, so I asked her if anything was wrong. She said she didn't want to tell me. I told her she could tell me anything. She told me a dark figure was watching me sleep. He was pitch black... He was just a black mass. She said it looked right at her. She was on another bed with my other brother. She told me she tried to act asleep. But that it watched me for a long time. That really freaked me out. I was so scared.

A little after that my mom, brother, and I moved again. We stayed in the same complex just a different apartment. Just like before. The scary stuff stopped. I tried bringing it up to my mom. Usually she would say I'm dumb, or I need to be quiet. But she told me she heard people in the kitchen, having conversations. She said the cabinets would fly open. She said she just wanted me to ignore them. Like she has. My mom has always been able to see and hear the dead. She's had many experiences. But she was too scared. She couldn't take it anymore, ignored them, and they stopped. She had me at 15, and they had always been around her, but she ignored them and they stopped when she was around 20. She was 25 when she told me this. I knew she had a gift.

She told me when I was in 6th grade about her grandmothers house in Del Rio, Texas. It used to be a prostition house back in the 1950's. Soldiers would come, have sex, gamble. I've heard so many stories. From the naked lady without a face, the crying babies, the people in the rooms. My mom's dad thought there was money buried around the house. My mom told me they found a baby's skeleton. If the prostitutes got pregnant, they would have to kill their babies. My mom told me you could walk into a room, and you could hear people laughing, coins jingling. And a harsh women's voice telling other women to be quiet. Or "Shhhhh." My mom told me one night her sister and herself spent the night. The ghosts pulled their feet, pulled out clothes from a dresser, opened and slammed cabinets, pulled off the sheets, and my mom told them to "Stop." She started praying. They got angry. My mom told me she ran and turned on the lights. Everything stopped. My aunt was crying, and never wanted to go back.

I've always had visions. During all my ecounters, when I was young. My dreams were my visions. They always came true. I would tell my mom about a dream. Days later we were living it. She had scary experiences with the dead. I think when my ecounters got bad, and going through puberty, was when I was supposed to start seeing them. But my mom made me ignore it. She didn't want me seeing the ugly things she did. They left me alone also. I still have my visions. But the ghosts have found a new way to interact. My dreams. In my dreams I'm someone else. I'm seeing what they did. One example was this young woman not too long ago. I was walking around as her. Nice house. Reddish maroon walls. Wood accents. Then I went into her bathroom. Saw myself. Layered brown hair. Pretty eyes. Pretty girl. Then the tub was full. I stepped in the tub. Completely submerged. And I woke up. I know she drowned herself.

These have kind if stopped. I couldn't sleep. I would wake up at 2:58. Everytime. I told my grandma, she showed me some prayers. I told my mom. For about a month I couldn't sleep. And would have those lucid dreams. They would drain me. My mom couldn't sleep around the same time. She said at my stepdads house a spirit kept waking her up at 3. She ignored it. Our ecounters both stopped around the same time. I didn't like mine and neither did she. So we ignored it, and prayed. I haven't had a vision very recently. I've had those encounters. But now nothing. Even before the ecounters my balance was off. I'm usually good at reading people. Like how they feel and what they're thinking. I want to be a psychologist, and reading people and stuff was helpful. Now I can't really do it like I used to. But anyway, these have been my experiences, and I'm glad to have shared them. I like letting them out:) hope you liked them. Thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spiritoch8, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spiritoch8 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-04)
Hey guys it's been a while. I am 20 years old now. I wanted some advice from javelina, my abilities are still off. I've changed a lot, and I'm not in tune with my self like I was. Things are just weird I can't explain it. A few nights ago the shadow figure came to me in my dream. He called himself shadow man. I don't know what that means. The dream went like this, I was walking in the neighborhood my Bita lives in. I was walking on her street actually. It was just me, and it was very quiet. As I'm walking I see a sign. It says his name. I keep walking and there's the same tree again with the same sign. I walk up to the sign and touch it. I look up and he's standing at the end of the street. Waiting for me. He starts walking towards me. Every time I blink he is closer. I finally tell myself to wake up, and I wake up sweating and very scared. He used to come to me in my dreams when I was little. I failed to mention that. I'm now living back with my mom, and my brother. We are all older and get a long great. My mom and step dad just had my new baby sister. She's adorable and looks just like me when I was a baby. I've since been praying, and I haven't had a dream of the shadow man. I haven't really had any contact with ghosts, and I still can't read people. I just feel like a part of me is gone, it upsets me. I do still have my visions every now and then. But I used to have them so frequently. I just don't know what to do, I'm confused. I feel like there's something blocking me. Keeping me from myself. I hope to get a response soon, I hope you see this Javelina.

-thanks
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
spiritoch8,
Then you are starting out right in that putting yourself on a schedule helps hone discipline. When you can control the simple things, the rest starts to fall in line. It's a confidence issue, partly. You take over your life decisions, you get control of what you want, and your confidence in your own abilities will begin to grow stronger.
You have been taking care of your whole family from such an early age that this part will be much easier for you to transition into. You grew up faster, emotionally. Than others in your age group. Because of your abilities and your situation at home, there really was no other way. But you are better for it. And what comes next is up to you now.
I do hope you stick around. We all learn from each other here, and I feel we could learn from you too.

Jav

These uncles? How long ago did they pass on?
spiritoch8 (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
Hey Javelina. I will most definitely check that site out. Well my unlces got into drugs and things of that sort. They started drinking at a young age. My mom told me a story. It scares me. On the night she gave birth to me, they were banging in the Windows, and moaning. Trying to open doors. And when I was a baby, she says at night they wouldn't leave us alone. The dogs would bark, and they would scratch on her window, and knock. And my sleeping was getting worse. I would stay up until 7:00am. And sleep during the day. That is just not like me at all. And my dreams... Just Saturday I tried staying awake all day. And then at night I prayed. I'm starting to sleep at night again. Hopefully I can sleep.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
spiritoch8,
I've been having second thoughts about the question of ignoring 'things', only because that is a defense against it that works. And until you can unravel this whole mystery, it's best you have some way of keeping things at bay.
My real concern with ignoring the things that want your attention is that they seem to evolve their tactics and find new ways to get inside your head. And now you are losing sleep again. They are like parasites in that way. Following you, their perceived host, and basically feeding off any emotions they can force out of you.
What about your families history? I know you are forbidden to ask, but what do you already know? You said it was attached to your uncles but they made bad decisions. What did you mean by that?
I don't know what to say about the different bugs. I have no experience in that area.
However, you have stated several times that you wanted to talk to a real psychic. My question is, don't you know that you are one?
Your visions, dreams, the connection you share with your mother? These are very strong indicators of your abilities. Top that off with the fact that you are virtually untrained. You were born this way, with these strong gifts. That you both have been ignoring. At least as best you can under the circumstances.
Now, you are in luck here for one reason. We have a sister site for phsychic experiences. It's in the same format as this one. People submit their experiences and they are discussed, just like we do here. However, at the Psychic exp. Site they have articles on psychic abilities. Information and definitions of the different abilities. How to articles and so on. There are psychic ability "tests" there that you can any time, as often as you like. They give you an indication of your strengths and weaknesses, and tips on how you can hone your abilities.
What you don't want to do is assume that just because there are people there that proclaim to be psychic, doesn't mean they are anywhere close to your ability. It is a fun site though.
If you look up at the very top of this page, you will find that just to the right of where you see the words 'Your Ghost Stories' there are several topics. Click on the one that reads. "Psychics and Mediums". When you get to the first page, you'll want to go through all that you can find, and take some of the tests too. Have fun with what you've got and learn all you can about how to bring it back.
But mostly, have fun!

Jav
spiritoch8 (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
Um well I haven't seen the black mass in a while. But things get weird around my birthday. A lot more stuff happens. And I recently haven't been able to sleep at night. And I haven't been praying. Usually I pray every night. The black mass haunted my uncles. But they made bad decisions. It hasn't bothered me in a while though. I don't really notice any patterns, but probably because I ignore it. Which I should stop. Lol. And I all get is the gut feeling. Well just my body knows. It tell me things I guess? I don't know how to explain. Um I really want to see a real psychic. I dot want to know my future. I just wonder if they can give me answers. Thanks Javelina waiting for your reply 😊
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
spiritoch8,
I'm worried about all this ignoring. No kidding sweet heart. It seems like it stops when you ignore it, but from what I'm reading here, it looks like what it is really doing at that time, is changing into something else.
I don't see how that makes it any less frightening, but I'm not the one dealing with it. Have your protection prayers been holding up?

Also, I do believe you are as good a judge as any of the intentions of the black mass/shadow guy that your sister saw that night. And if this thing is following you, I'd be wondering why? And how long it's been with the family. I'm sorry you have been prevented from asking about these things, and I hope that ends soon. Because the not knowing hasn't seemed to stop it from happening at all. They just change their tactics.
Have you noticed any special pattern or behaviour at all? Something that signals when the next event is coming? Besides that gut feeling, is there anything else?
I'll be watching for your reply, if you choose to, that is.

Jav
spiritoch8 (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
Realbadjuju: I could not see your comment because of low points. I just saw some others talking about the apartment complex. But my mom was a young mom. I would argue with her because of the way she acted. She called me dumb because she didn't want me getting mixed in all that. It did hurt my feelings. I felt I couldn't even talk to her. But now I can. She has grown a little out of her ways. The reason why nobody else heard it? I don't know. I remember Emy was gone to visit her family, and I guess my mom didn't hear. It did happen. I share my experiences because it feels good letting them out. I would never lie about these things. But some things you just can't explain. But I understand you have your own opinions and thoughts, and you are completely entitled to them:)

Oh and I wanted to mention some things. Okay I have been living with my grandmother since last August. We were moving from the apartments. My mom said I could live with my grandmother (from my dads side, spiritual one is in San Antonio) or live with her at her best friend Ediths house. Which there isn't much room. My whole life I would be stressed because we moved a lot. Mostly because of my moms personal problems. And I would deal with those too. My grandma here in Austin "Bita" I call her, has practically raised me and been there because my dad never was. She and my mom speak and are on very good terms. She took my mom in, and was like a second mother. But anyways I have been living with my Bita, and my mother and I were having these experiences at the same times. I personally believe spirits try and communicate at times they feel comfortable. It might be 3:00am, 8:00pm. It differs. I don't think the devils hour had anything to do with why we were waking up at these times. We just were. If I thought it had something to do with devils hour, I would have had said so myself. Anyways thanks again. 😊
spiritoch8 (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
Thanks all of you guys for your support. Thanks especially Javelina. Well we moved to a different apt, same complex because our lease was up and we just wanted a different apt. I am 17 now. My brother hasn't seen anything since. But he might start. He is going to be 11 next week. There was a time I forgot to mention at the blunn creek apartments. He said he could see purple symbols falling from the ceiling. Then I started seeing them. But he pointed them out first. Yes I also think my sister and her family see things because of negativity. They still see things. But a black mass has been seen by my moms side. So I think that night it was following me. For whatever reason I don't know. Me waking up at 2:58 am isn't due to demons or Christs' hour. I think it might have been the time that the spirit died. Also I do want to talk to my grandmother about these things. I'm getting older and I want to learn some things. But my mom forbids it. She would always get her cards read by my grandmother, and psychics. But for dumb reasons. Just recently I had wanted to see a psychic. Because everywhere I went there was a different type of bug. And I would always notice it. In the restroom, in my room, resteraunts. I would be in the shower and a black spider would be in the tub. Ugh. I thought it was something bad. And its not coincidence. I can feel the badness. Gives me chills. ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-06)
[at] DARKNESS,
Oh, I love it! I'm borrowing that from you friend.
I was going to try and steal it, but you're just too nice.
And I don't know how!😉 😆

Be good mate, as always.
Jav
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-06)
ohh paranormal snobs! Sounds great! Wonder if I can nick that for the facebook...
Anyway like that.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
Jav haha having a big whinge means basically having a big cry or tantrum over something that is quite petty to begin with lol! 😁
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
realbadjuju Like granny mentioned, this author indicated things happening at a couple of different times during the night. Not once did they make a statement about 3:00am being the main reason for what was happening. The whole idea of 3:00am being the Devil's, Withcing, or Demon's play time is just a myth.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
zzgranny,
That is perfect! I think it fits too. 'Paranormal snobs' just rolls off the tongue. The 'PSers' or... Well maybe I should slow down there. 😆 😆 😆

Jav
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
Paranormal snobs? I am sooooo putting that on my profile here.
Cute screen name dear.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+4
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
realbadjuju: Sometimes people will move to different apartments in the same complex... More bedrooms or storage, different area (closer to pool, laundromat, playground, mailbox, etc.), so not unheard of and definately not as silly as you think...

I believe the "3am thing" hasn't been addressed because it doesn't seem to be the basis of these experiences for this particular author... If you read the story, you'd see that the more conventional "witching hour" of 12am was also mentioned... There are those amoung the "major posters" who've been on this site long enough to recognise (most times) when someone is trying to pull the wool over their eyes..."Paranormal snobs"? 😆...That's a new name guys! 😆...I kind of like it!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
Uh...DARKNESS,
What does "having a big whinge" mean? Because I think I'm going to have to steal that one from you. I like the sound of that!

Thanks,
Jav 😆
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
realbadjuju,
Don't put all your eggs in that 3am basket dear. Round here that means s__t. We look more unkindly than kindly on that one. The reason I believe this is a true experience is that it SOUNDS true to me. This child has been through a whole lot. The last thing he needs is another person doubting his words. I'd say he's already had enough of that business. Wouldn't you?

Jav
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
realbadjuju,

2:58...As DARKNESS said... Is not 3am... Now having brought that up is this the type of comments your talking about?

3am the 'SO CALLED' Devil's Hour has been popularized by Hollywood in recent movies... It's a 'new idea' and a mostly Western Hemisphere 'thang' (think United States). So here's it 'history' and some thoughts of my own...

It's a Western Concept and a bit of Hollywood all rolled into one...It's first mentioned in The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving (written in 1820) and even then only called 'the witching hour' with no specific time mentioned. Then you have Hollywood hyping things in movies. The term as referred to here is the period from midnight to 3am. At 3 a.m. It is the devil's hour, as opposed to 3 p.m., when Jesus was said to have been crucified. Yet most Christians deny this time has any special meaning within the Christian faith.

As far a moving Apartments with-in the same complex... Perhaps they were able to get a larger Apartment, maybe the Complex Management was re-doing the insides of the Apartments and need them to move... There are all kinds of reasons to move from one unit to another with-in the same complex.

Spiritoch,

Sorry about that... You mention that at one point you were 13 years old and your younger brother was 6... For young men and women this is the age that 'poltergeist' activity may happen with-in a household... It seems to correspond to children going through puberty... And the energy associated with that as an individuals body and mind goes through changes.

2:58...let's apply a bit of numerology... 2+5+8=15...1+5=6... 6 represents Reaction/flux. Responsibility. I fell that these things were happening and following you because of your age... You body being 'in flux' and the environment around you 'reacting' to this fact. It also seems to be a 'reflection' of your being responsible for your little brother as he grew up. May I ask how old you are now?

Just my 'two cents'...

Respectfully,

Rook
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
realbadjuju: Thats because it was 2:58am not 3:00am, 😉 I don't put to much into the whole demonic hour of 3:00am, differant time zones etc it just seems a bit out there. Why don't you tell us your thoughts on the 3:00am theory then instead of having a big whinge!

This comment from realbadjuju is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
spiritoch8: Everything that I wanted to say has already been mentioned. I just want to say that I think you have done well regarding working through all those experiences you have had. Your Grandmother seems like a very intune woman regarding the spiritual world. I wish you all the best with your future endeavours. 😊

Dan
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
[at] champion,
Nicely said. I think you speak for all of us when you say things like that. Thanks.

Jav
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
spiritoch8- you have come to the right place to get these things off your chest. We all need to tell our story without condescending looks and remarks of disbelief. From what little I know it seems that most of the time we inherit this from the mothers side as you stated about your mother. I wish you and your family the best and take care of your little Bro. I loved the shoe remark, it reminds me of some of the happy times with my brother. I don't know why but your story touched an emotional nerve, one of happy memories and years of regret. Thank you!

Champion
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
hi there spiritoch8 you have had so much to deal with I'm surprised you have coped so well with it all, well done for that!

There is some great advice been given so far so I won't start repeating any of it.
I hope you carry on coping and that if you do feel ready to face the gift you have that it turns out a lot easyer than it has up to now
Carl
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
Hi spiritoch8, you definitely have inherited a special gift. Like geetha said, it is a good thing that you have your grandmother to help you with it. It could be that because you are getting older it is easier for you to ignore these visions. If you want to use your abilities as psychologist, I don't see a problem with you being able to tap back into that power. You just need to learn how to use it. There are lots of sites that provide information on how to open and close chakras. There are meditation techniques and ways to create a protective shield around you so you are always in control of what you allow in. Your grandmother might already know a few tricks herself. 😊 Thanks for sharing your experiences with us, and good luck.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
I second Javelina. I wouldn't know if this is a gift or a curse but like Javelina said, give it a rest but you need it. But the thing is I'm glad you have support in the form of your grandmother and in some way, your mother is there for you also. She might be scared but she is telling you to ignore it because she wants to protect you from the harsh reality of the paranormal.

Just a few questions for you:
(1) Has your brother experienced or experiencing anything right now?
(2) In the story, you mentioned that you have a sister and a brother who lives with your father. You also said that you sister saw a black mass staring at her. Has anything else happened to her or your other brother?

Personally, I think what your sister is experiencing is caused by the drinking your father does and probably any negative energy created in the house. Tell her to create a positive energy by burning sage or incense. Keep what you are doing by being open with her and let her know that you will be there for her and your brothers no matter what happens.

Keeping you in my prayers.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
spiritoch8,
Oh Sweet Jesus child, how much more can one person stand? Your story is so gripping. Is your little brother going through this also? My goodness, I just don't know what to say right now.
I do know that you can get those abilities back hun. It is possible. But, it may be your saving grace that you give that a rest for a while. Being able to read people may have made you vulnerable to those spiritual attacks to start with, and taking a rest sounds like just what the doctor ordered.
I think maybe that's why you can't do that now. Give it time hun. Let yourself heal for a bit. When your strength returns, so will those abilities. So thank your lucky stars you're getting a break for a while.

Jav ❤ ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: