You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Being Watched And Seeing The Dead

Real Ghost Stories

Being Watched And Seeing The Dead

 

Ever since first grade, when my great-aunt Josephine died, I've felt like I'm being watched. I wish I could tell you this feeling goes away every now and then. Well, I'm sorry to say, it doesn't. I've lived and grown up in Fort Wayne.

My father said that he once played with a Ouija board as a kid with his brother and sister. It had sat in the back room of my grandmas room for years. I would sleep in that room when my mom and I went over on Friday's. The feeling grew stronger back there.

So far, this year in deaths hasn't been good. My Grandma died (dad's side), my dads best friend died, and a parishioner from my church died.

I might as well say I'm Catholic. I sense the dead's feelings as they come to me. I see them. Some of my most recent experiences follow.

My most recent experience happened yesterday.

I couldn't sleep, and it was at least five in the morning. And I am one to always fall asleep in a snap, whether I'm tired or not. I was thinking about stuff, and I was in that moment where your 50/50, your half awake and half asleep.

I woke up to someone yelling my name. I looked up, and was startled to see my grandma looking down at me, she was smiling. She had color, she wasn't how the movies say ghosts are. She had her curly dyed-blond hair that was on the top of her head. Her favorite night gown was on. She began to scare me by talking to me.

"Grace?" She began.

"G-grandma?"

"Child, I love you." With that, she vanished. I was scared senseless.

The night before, I had seen my grandpa. The same thing had happened, except out conversation was longer.

"Grace..."

"Grandpa?"

"Sorry, I never met you, your beautiful."

"Thanks, I love you..."

"Love you too."

And just today, I saw a little girl, who must have been at least five.

She was in my living room. I was sitting watching T.V, and, all of a sudden, I turned my head to see her.

She had long brown hair, and silver-looking eyes, that were really grey. She was clutching a teddy bear, and she was wearing a white dress, and she said, "Mommy killed me."

Could someone please help me? I don't mind this, but, I just want to know what the heck is going on.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DogLover6232, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-11)
To this day I have NEVER had one come and "ask" me for "help". I'm not sure about anyone elses experiences. They have, however "shown" me things that are currently happening, have happened that I need to be aware of, or are going to happen in the future, and from what I gather, they aren't supposed to tell you these things, but some still do. Some come back several times over a course of many years, others only once. Some are angry, others confused, some serene. Most know they're dead, a few dont. One wanted his body found and showed me the location. Sometimes you feel their emotions, other times you feel your own. Every experience is different.
The trick is to train yourself to hang "in between" so that dreams don't interfere with the visit. Often, our bodies continue to fall asleep, including dreaming into
An obe or spirit walk lol This can be confusing to you when you wake up. Tell
Your brain a keyword to notify you when you're dreaming. I use a tricycle lol.
As soon as the rem state kicks in when I'm being visited I see a tricycle. This
Tells me to focus ONLY on the visitor and what they are showing or telling me.
This way I'm not confused about other things that might be just dreaming and not an actual experience. To be fully aware, your body has GOT to know when it's dreaming.
Just remember, most KNOW they're dead. Sometimes they just want to let YOU know they're dead. Most times they're just happy that they've found a live human to talk to. I've never had one ask me questions, either. They usually tell me answers.
Not any one of us knows solid answers about any of this. There are only theories, experiences to share, and the knowledge that there IS, IN FACT, an afterlife. How we perceive that afterlife varies from person to person, with very few commonalities. I remind everyone to also never become arrogant about the "gift", or whatever you want to call it, to never be arrogant. It may come or go at any time
DogLover6232 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-11)
Indigo-Are they asking me for help? And is it possible that one spirit will come to me more often? I've seen 'Alex' a lot, and am wondering if he can be a reoccurring spirit.
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
http://cruxtheory.blogspot.com/ for everyone experiencing the visitations during your in between awake and asleep, you might want to read this blog. It's very helpful and informative
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
Oh, monks do attainthese states of consciousness and even higher. Never get such a large ego that you get arrogant because you've done it accidentally.
No, you do not have to WANT to do this in order to be able to do it... Obviously most of us that do this naturally start at a very young age, therefore we don't make the decision "hey! I think I'll dream walk today and let a few dead folk speak their minds!". Lol, no. It's attainable to anyone whether they want it or not. For some of us it's so tiring that we wish we couldn't. Dealing with the "between" world and afterlife can be annoying when all you want is a normal day.
To tell them you don't want to go just talk to them like normal people. Be polite, state why, etc. They're still human. Treat them as such. Some can be confused or muddled, show respect, treat them as you'd like to be treated, but firmly say no when necessary.
DogLover6232 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
Indigo- That's funny that they wanted to obtain it, but probobly couldn't... I guess you have to WANT to be able to do something, but aren't going to be disapointed if you DON'T do it in order to do it. You know? I have no idea where those words came from. I swear people talk through me. Annnnyway, how do I tell them no? Will they get mad if I do?
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
P.s...
Apparently Tibetan monks strive to attain this, and the actual o.b.e. (out of body experience) which happens after the humming sound when you leave to go with the spirit.

Always remember to focus on NOT projecting. You don't want them coming willy nilly, and they WILL come. It's very tiresome to have nightly visitations and as you tire, your body will wear down and you'll become Ill.

Always remember to RELAX. The second you tense up you'll slam back into your body during an o.b.e.

Talk to them. Ask details about who they are, where they are from etc. Keep a journal DAILY, even if nothing happened. First thing in the morning and right before you sleep use the journal to note stress levels, fatigue, anything you feel is important.

Always remember that religion has nothing to do with what is happening to you. There is no 'branding or types of faith' on the other side. They don't seem to recognize or differentiate between religions. They are all one.
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
Now if I knew why any of us could do it, wouldn't I sell the secret? Lol. I'm not sure why we can. I think everyone used to be able to do it, maybe everyone still can. According to an old hippie I found online a decade or more ago, there is a theory that the ones that can do it consciously can make our brains' alpha waves vibrate at a certain megahertz. This megahertz is equal to the vibrations of the brain when you are 'between' or '50/50. That's why you listen for the humming sound to focus on. You're not ACTUALLY hearing anything at all, but your brain thinks you are. There are several methods of focus. The humming is just one of them. The focusing is just a form of stimulus/stimulus depravation. Actual stimulus depravation is very hard to attain for most people without a chamber. We seem to be capable anywhere we can 'zone out'.
DogLover6232 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Indigo- Thanks. It makes sense now. I had a boy, named 'Alex' take me to a cottage in it must have been California. It was pretty and by the ocean. I have another question, Why am I able to do this? Does that make sense?
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
There will be dogs, cats, all manner of visitors. Don't be afraid. Don't fall into the hype that everything could be demonic. I'm not, by ANY means saying there isn't demonic activity or bad things out there, just saying stay calm and relaxed.

Yes, you can go ANYWHERE. I had one spirit, Patty, take me to the Russian theater siege, another to a ship yard somewhere in what appeared to be New York. So if they want to show you something, go if you like. If you don't want to go, tell them you're too tired.
We ARE everywhere. In 2000 there was an online study done on 100 of us by a group of scientists. We were selected by filling out questionnaires and taking "ability" tests. The study continued for several months until the scientists started suggesting to us that this was a medical problem and that we needed medication. Most of us refused to be studied after that. You are not mentally, nor physically, ill. Before I met the others I thought my family and I were not the only ones, but that we were VERY few. We ARE few, but we are much more common than you think. Most of us are afraid to tell anyone. We aren't commonplace, but not so rare as unicorns lol.

If you have more questions feel free to ask. I'll answerto the best of my ability.
cmdusty (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
wow I'm glad there are others. I thought I was one of a very few. Its strange for me because when I started seeing dead people they would appear in the corner of my room for a second or two. Now they seem to stay for a while and then make there way. I've even had a spirit of a dog on the end of my bed before
DogLover6232 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-06)
indigo- THANK YOU! I needed that information. That will help me. I really appreciated that. I'm happy to know there are others like me. I'll try to remember the buzzing sound. I've heard it a lot. And by a lot, I mean A LOT. I've never though of it as something that could help me with this. I just have one question. What do you mean, I can go ANYWHERE?
Indigo (263 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-06)
Hi. You are like myself and many others. Most people will not understand what you are experiencing. The time you call 50/50 I call "between". This is the easiest time for them to come. Doctors will lump these up and call these visits sleep hallucinations. They are not. I know this because I've had this happen since I could cognitively remember being alive at a VERY early age. If you relax they will come more frequently. This can be very very tiring, as once that connection is made and your mental portal is open it's much easier for others to locate one who can communicate. They will try to tell you all manner of things. These things you will NOT be able to change, no matter how hard you try (and yes, you will try).
I hate to say this, but not many people will understand. They will question everything and doubt. I used to stay anonymous or quiet about mine until about 13 years ago when I started looking for others like myself. A lot of people call this a gift. It is, but it's a gift that can drive you nuts. Learning to shut it off is more difficult than learning how to attract more. I've never been able to home in on one particular entity, they choose me. I don't get my pick of who comes, and I've never met anyone who actually CAN pick and choose who visits, whether "between" or wide awake.
You have always been able to do this and it will advance rapidly once you allow it. Just relax. The first few times you consciously realize they're talking to you IS scary, no matter who it is. After YOU unconsciously allow, THEY come. Not all will be pleasant, so be prepared. You also need to start practicing turning it off, lol, otherwise you will be swarmed with all kinds of happy deceased people tickled that someone can see. At this point you're broadcasting to them like a lighthouse beacon. Practice toning your light down lol. You will start seeing what is around you when you begin to feel watched. Stay awake, stay focused and slip "between" while you're awake. You probably recall a buzzing sound just before you go 50/50. Remember that sound. If you focus on remembering that sound only you can go between any time you want. Don't get scared. Don't flip out. There are many MANY of us. We are everywhere:-)
DogLover6232 (1 stories) (14 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
I know that makes no sense. Sorry. The sentence that said I was Catholic, was to clarify, well. I don't know. See? Sorry.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
DogLover - I guess you're going to have to explain that statement about being Catholic to me to.

I'm not Catholic, but I have friends who are and they don't see or feel squat to do with ghosts. So, unless you meant to use another word, I'm really confused.

I'm confused about most of your story, but that part in particular...well...wow is all I can say. I'm not even interested in you explaining the rest of your story, but that part I am curious about.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
DogLover6232,
I guess I'm having trouble with you being scared senseless by your grandmother saying she loved you. And you knew absolutely that it was her. You don't mention your reaction to your grandfather, who never got to know you.
I do, however, understand your being frightened by the child you didn't know, who said her mommy killed her. That I get.
What does this statement have to do with your experiences today?
"My father said that he once played with a Ouija board as a kid with his brother and sister"
What did your father tell you about that experience?
How about your aunt and uncle? Did they ever mention it?
The most puzzling statement for me is this one...
"I might as well say I'm Catholic. I sense the deads feelings as they come to me. I see them."
That sentence needs to be clarified, in my opinion anyway. I have no clue what it means, or why it was important in your story.

Jav
cmdusty (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
Its funny. Until recently I had no belief in the paranormal until a paranormal experience happened to me and my mate. Now I seem to see many people that have passed away. I never feel scared or threatened. They seem to hang around for a bit and then make there way when they feel ready. I think its a gift if you ask me

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: