You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Ghostly Encounter

Real Ghost Stories

Ghostly Encounter

 

My story starts off when I was about seven. I lived with my grandparents, mom, my brother, and a few aunts and uncles just outside of Chicago.

My brother and I shared a room, and one night while we were watching t.v., I just happened to glance out the door and about 20 feet from the open door, I saw a ghostly apparition. I would say that she was around the same age as I was at the time. I didn't get a good look because I was scared but I would say she wore a knee-length olden day dress with stockings.

I haven't seen any other ghosts while I was there but almost everyone has had a ghostly experience in that house. My brother (who is only a year older than me) had an experience with the same ghost poking her finger through his blanket.

My uncle still lives there and sleeps in the same room my brother and I once shared, to this day him and his friends claim to see the same ghost I had seen.

My mom, brother, and I moved out when I was nine, so two years later. We lived in an apartment in Lombard. I only had one really odd experience, and that was, I believe, a year after we moved in.

I had fallen asleep on the couch so my mom woke me up to go to my room. I walked to my room and lay on my bed, close my eyes and not even in a matter of 10 seconds I'm jilted awake, standing on my feet, because I felt like someone was watching me, my door was closed, as well as my curtains.

Then when I was 11, we moved to Round Lake, because my mom had just given birth to my half-sister and we needed more room. It was a 4 bedroom house (I moved out a year ago, everyone else is still there.)

One night my mom and step-dad were woken by one of my sisters toys going off. It kept repeating the same word until they shut it off, I don't know if this is an actual experience or a malfunction with the batteries.

Then when I was about 13 or 14, I was still awake at 3 am (chronic insomnia) when I heard a door being slammed over and over again, really loud. I would say it slammed about 20 times, right when I opened my bedroom door, it stopped, nothing there. I stayed staring out the door as I began to shut it, I swear I saw a ghost down the hall, I only caught a quick glimpse of whiteness.

I never really had any other experience, but my brother slept downstairs by himself and came running up the stairs claiming he felt as if he was pinned, unable to move and heard growling in his ear.

Where I'm at now, I do hear sounds like footsteps but no one is there when I open the door, I have also heard noises as if a dog or other animal was walking around, we don't have one. Or on occasion I swear I heard chains being dragged on the floor. Nothing recently.

Sorry this is long.

Can someone tell me what this is? Is there an entity following me, or does it seem like different spirits? Does it seem angry or not? Any advice will help, thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kirsty-1992, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
Kirsty:

These experiences seem to be two different entities. The first experience with the ghostly figure of the little girl seems to be quite harmless. Maybe a girl who lived in the house once, or lived on the land once. Many times people assume that if a house is "new", there could not be any hauntings in them. However, the land and the location have been there since the beginning... Many families have resided in or around the area. You obviously have an insight to see these paranormal entities so embrace it.

However, the second haunting that you and your family members experienced seems to be somewhat troublesome. Feeling as being pinned and hearing a growling noise is an angry and agressive act. Are you still residing in the residence? If so, I would suggest further investigation into the matter and subsequent confrontation of this "evil spirit". Keep a journal and write everything down. When living in a haunted dwelling, somethings become forgotten that could help in the future. Good luck and thanks for sharing. Zeta.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: