You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Sonoma Developmental Center

Real Ghost Stories

Sonoma Developmental Center

 

I live in Sonoma county. I have been aware of the pull of area due to magnetic lines. Also the interesting history of the SDC Sonoma Developmental center. My friends live within walking distance of the massive campus, we often discuss the horrible things that happened there. Intrigued by the local lore of the place and our geographical closeness to the place "walking distance" we are often drawn to the mysterious SDC. We scout the property on regular basis, night and day, we even have many friends whose parents work there.

Anyway, within the last few months we have been doing night scouting's, just for fun. We investigate the entire facility top to bottom looking in every building we can while skillfully evading local security. "they don't care any ways". We also hike the many trails behind the SDC. There are ponds an old orchard and a old seldom used campsite know as Camp Via, there's even a ropes course which is still used. There is also the largest redwood tree in the area located within a mile of the SDC. Since we grew up there, we are unafraid of the lore and dark energy that surrounds the SDC, including Sonoma as a whole, as you know there is a lot of evil concentrated in this area.

Anyways I just wanted to acknowledge your findings and find them extremely interesting and I would like to share my own experiences at nighttime with my friends at the SDC.

Once while scouting an out-lying building I began to run for no reason, while running I was totally pushed very hard by an unseen force, causing me to fall down and slide on the side of my body. Although I was only a little scuffed up I will not forget the energy that pushed my left shoulder causing me to fall down with great force. Being a sure footed person I'm sure I did not slip.

Moments before my friend, who was also with me, fell as well although he was at least 100 yards away walking down a hill. He said he felt as though he slipped but given the circumstance I can only assume it was co-ordinated ghost attack almost playful in nature. Because we do frequent the area I don't believe the sprits wish to harm us.

Many of the buildings at the SDC are empty including the old church there which is left unlocked, the space completely filled with old wheelchairs, it is one of the creepist buildings in the entire place. Because of lack of funding SDC will shut down but not for some time so most of the old buildings are filled with junk or complety empty. Also my mother who used to hike behind many times has claimed to see a "demon" of sorts while hiking she had an odd feeling and she turned to see a small winged creature up in tree looking at her, it sprouted wings flew to the ground, while still looking at her turned into a mercury like substance and vanished before her eyes. I do have other expericnces but not related to the SDC.

Thank you for your time, I hope this information finds you and confirms your own ideas of the The Sonoma Developmetal Center.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, awesomepossum22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Beth1106 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-23)
I used to go bike riding around there when I was in like 8 I'm 23 now and one time while bike riding we went over to where there was an old playground it had one of those mary go round type of things the round ones with bars that you can spin around on and out of no where it started spinning slowly on its own it was so scary we never went back there again.
ronsegal (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-26)
yo, I live about five minute from sdc, love to go exploring asap, is your group still active? Email me if we can set something up, have lots of questions about the place, fhj2382 [at] yahoo hope to hear from you. John
Juniper (2 stories) (37 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
I agreee with DeviousAngel! I haven't checked how far away that is from me, but at first I was excited because I know there's a town called Sonoma not too far away (Arizona) but your story takes place in Cali it makes me a bit sad!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
If Sonoma county wasn't about 550 miles from where I live, that would be an awesome place to go visit and explore. I love old creepy buildings and abandoned hospitals and such. I think they make for excellent pictures, though they are dangerous to take photos in.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
What a location you have there! A place like that has got to be teeming with spirits, right? One thing though; I would be careful regarding your trusting attitude. I know you are there a lot, but that doesn't mean all of the spirits accept you. If they could do things like push you, who knows what else they could do?
Juniper (2 stories) (37 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
Great story:) I should google the lore! Feel free to share it, I'm sure others would be interested as well!
lynrinth (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
Interesting. Thanks for sharing. But I would be scared of going there. Never know if something is going to follow you home. But since you grew there, you would best.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: