You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Mystery Lights

Real Ghost Stories

Mystery Lights

 

Before I tell the story, I would like to specify some things: my house is way far out from the road so I know this could not have been headlights. Also there was nothing in the yard that could have made a reflection such as this.

One night I was sitting on the couch watching TV. My mom was in her room along with my little sister. All the sudden I saw something flash by in the front yard. I went to the window to figure out what it was. When I got closer I saw a bright green light flash through the yard again. Then there where two smaller lights that went by very slowly. The small lights appeared to be a deep red color. The small lights stopped in front of the window while the larger ones continued to zip across the yard. The lights began to come closer and closer until they were almost on my porch. I began to scream and run into my mom's room. When I brought her outside it was gone. After she told me to go back and get some rest (she said it was more than likely a dream) I went back to the living room to check the yard again. They were there again. I watched them more closely this time and found that they seemed to be focused on me.

I have had a few paranormal expiriences (which may be posted later) but nothing like this. I have no idea what these lights were so I went onto the internet and read about these paranormal "orbs" and figured it might have been some of them, but I also read stories about people who see ghosts that appear to have "glowing eyes". If anyone has any idea as to what these lights could be, please let me know.

Other hauntings by LiviLovesYew1998

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LiviLovesYew1998, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-18)
Lightning bugs? 😕 Maybe? They give off green light but then that wouldn't explain the red lights you seen.
LiviLovesYew1998 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
I witnessed it again a few weeks ago, but that has been the first time since then. The lights weren't there for as long as they were last time. But it was just the green lights this time
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
I get the feeling that this is more to do with something electrical or even ufo like. Either way it is quite strange, did you or anybody else ever witness it again?

Thank for sharing.

Dan
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
It may or may not be similiar to the Marfa lights of Texas:

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marfa_lights
LiviLovesYew1998 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
But I can tell you a very detailed description: There was a pair of red lights about the size of eyes but and were moving very very slowly towards me. There was another pair that were about the size and shape of head lights that were the same shade of green as grass but were moving very fast from side to side but some how moving towards me. It was all very strange
LiviLovesYew1998 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
Sadly, no. I wasn't able to get any pictures. This was a little bit before I got my new phone (My recent phone's charger had messed up and wouldn't charge my phone at all, so it was dead.)
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
Interesting. Were you able to take a picture with your cell phone or anything?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: