You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandpa's Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Grandpa's Ghost

 

This is my first story that I have put up here but it is just one account of many experiences I have had. I am very interested in the paranormal and have been for a long time, I have a journal that I have been keeping for years in all my encounters some more interesting than others but all true. This particular story takes place when I was in 7th grade so I was probably 13 or so (I am 16 now).

Well I was in my bedroom watching TV it was around 9:00PM EST and I was just trying I make myself tired. Then there was this weird noise that sounded of rising static it was like zzzzzZZZZZZZZ. It was then that my TV went off, now I have a Samsung and anyone familiar with the brand knows that annoying little noise it makes when ever you turn it on or off? Yea well that didn't happen, it just went black. At the time I did not think anything paranormal had anything to do with it I assumed it was just a bad signal. So I was getting out of bed to go and tell my mom that my TV did not work. Well as I was doing that there was a clear, audible, and gruffly voice that was what had belonged to my grandfather who had died of cancer two years before. The voice had said my name in a question like "Remy?" Then it was silent.

The static noise went away and my TV turned back on. I was understandably freaked out but at the same time skeptical, I shouted to my mom and asked her if my dad had come home yet, but she informed me that he worked late that night. I do not really remember what I did after that but I assumed I just slept in the spare room that night.

My knowledge of the paranormal leads me to believe that my grandfathers spirit had used energy from the TV and attempted to communicate with me. I did not feel threatened or anything but at the time just freaked out. Freaked out of what I couldn't see or understand.

But now this is what I like to think as my first memorable and impacting ghost experience. I have plenty of others to share so I will try to write them here in time. Thank you for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mysticman1994, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
This is a really sweet story when I think about it, that your grand dad wanted to let you know that he is still lovingly watching over you and used the TV's energy to communicate.

I look forward to hearing what you share next
mysticman1994 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
DARKNESS; to answer your question, yes this did only happen once and I have never tried to contact him so it was really random.

Zetafornow; I did consider the posibility that my mind was playing tricks on me, but he had been dead for nearly 2 years and it never happened since. It just seemed really random and weird to me at the time.

Thank you all for your comments!
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
it could be your grandfather that being there as a engery from the tv and that a great idea about keep a jouneral... Your grandfather really do love you and want to let you know that he is around to check on you. 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Agreeing with you and BJJ on this, did you ever communicate with him or was this a once only thing? I can understand it would be quite unnerving at the time to have heard your name being called I think this was just a casual hello! I like the fact you keep a journal of your experiences, that has been a hot subject on this site hey Miracles lol. 😁

Thanks for your story.

Dan
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
It does sound like your grandfather was drawing energy in order to communicate. Very cool story, and looking forward to your future submissions. 😊
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
Hi mysticman, thanks for sharing your experience. It may have been your grandfather but sometimes we hear things that we want to hear. But I am willing to bet your grandfather did contact you and wants you to know that he still surrounds you with his love.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: