You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Scared And Confused

Real Ghost Stories

Scared And Confused

 

I am a 16 year old girl, I have lived in my house for 5 years now. Things started happening when I first spent the night at my new house. At first, it was just footprints, which didn't frighten me. But then things started to get worse, I would hear someone call my name, heavy breathing in my ear, and I would feel something/someone touching me while I was trying to sleep. Now, I'm getting bit, scratched, pinched, and I just feel really alone. I've tried telling my mother, but I don't think she believes me. I've told a few of my friends and they believe me but never experience things. I'm the only one who things ever happen to, in two words, it sucks! I have talked to a teacher of mine who believes in this stuff and she said if things get worse, to talk to a psychic. I have been contemplating doing that. I just want to know if I'm not making this up or if it's all just in my head. I'm scared to be alone.

But I truly believe it's not the house because I went to my friends house at the lake and things were happening to me there as well. I'm not just only scared to be alone, but I'm also scared of myself. I just need some help, reasurance, guidance, and just someone to talk to. Talking to my councellor doesn't help, I hate talking to my mother about this weird phenomenon, and now I'm resorting to people I don't even know. I'm not trying to insult anyone though. I haven't been having a good sleep for about 6 months now and the only way I can fall asleep is when I can't sleep and just pass out with exhaustion. What do I do?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TrueRain, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Juniper (2 stories) (37 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
Also I just checked out the cold iron link. Very interesting! I've of course heard of horseshoes being good luck but didn't know the lore behind it. Also heard of using blood and ochre but very interesting! ((:
Juniper (2 stories) (37 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
I would think that being 16 and her parents not believing her it would be a bit hard for her to get/hire/pay for a psychic to come... Just saying
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Poltergeist activity can sometimes result in physical attacks. Http://the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/articles/general/poltergeist.html this is an article on poltergeists. It may not be what's going on, but it's a thought.
My advice would be to take your teacher's suggestion and speak to a psychic. Do some research, and find a reputable one. Ask your teacher if she knows a psychic. She might know one, or might be able to help you find one.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Some times just a little Cold Iron can help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_in_folklore#Cold_iron
Juniper (2 stories) (37 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
Oh as to the first part of the comment I just left, you don't have to be alone necessarily. You can involve a friend if that would make you feel better. I just meant not to do it while people are going about their normal routines, parents and such. Try to wait until they are at work, or out, or sleeping, etc.
Juniper (2 stories) (37 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
Well take a deep breath first. When your alone sometime I would just talk to the spirit. Maybe it isn't trying to be malicious, just trying to get your attention. You didn't talk to it when it tried talking to you so its trying to get your attention harder. Kind of like a child would, if the kid keeps saying mom mom mom and the mom ignores it chances are the kid will start tapping the mother or poking her or doing physical things to get her attention and the more anyone is ignored they grow frustrated.

I would try to keep myself calm, I know its hard, and talk to the spirit. You can ask it questions, especially if you have a voice recorder, or ask it yes and no questions and ask it to knock on the wall twice for yes, once for no.

I would appologize for ignoring the spirit and try to talk to the spirit as though it were a friend. Ask if it has a message or a reason for trying to make contact. Towards the end you can tell it if it wants to talk to just whisper in your ear again and you will talk to it, ask it not to pinch or scrape you.

Of course it could end up being malicious and in that case you need to tell it to leave, and show assertiveness. This is my home and you are not welcome here! Tell it to leave, if it isn't malicious I wouldn't make it leave.

Google house cleansings. A lot of people use bundles of sage, burn it like insence and 'clean' the house with it. There are various washes you can make to 'clean' the house too. It of course doesn't last forever but it cleans the energy and emotional residue.

Objects, especially natural materials such as wood, hold energy. If you or someone who lived there before you for instance always cried in this one room you would feel sadness in that room. And in turn it could make you feel sad even when you have no reason to be. Which is just a reason to cleanse the area, try to be positive and laugh more. It should lighten the environment a bit.

Hope this helped, best of luck

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: