You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Graveyard Mistakes

Real Ghost Stories

Graveyard Mistakes

 

My Fiancé and I went to a graveyard in our town, with two friends. I had a bad feeling about this from the beginning. Our friend Darus had been there once before with his brother. Their car had died in the middle of the graveyard and they had to get out finding out what was wrong. His cables had been removed from his battery.

Well we decided to go back with him and it was not good. When we got there you could feel the atmosphere change. We got about half way into the graveyard and I could feel things all around. I looked up and saw a woman in a dress. Her eyes were a light red and she seemed to be smiling. Although afraid I wanted to go to her. Darus, our friend had seen the same woman and he raced off.

When we got back to town there were hand prints all over the place and I felt as if there were spider webs all over me. I asked a spirit that has followed me for years to help and finally I fell asleep. That was three days ago and I still feel something dark around me. I have never been one to dip into things like this, but now I am completely terrified. I'm not sure, but I think the woman may have followed me back. The three people with me that night feel nothing different, but I can.

I have protection of my own, but I'm worried that maybe this is too strong to be willed away. If someone could possibly give me some advice or insight it would be much appreciated. I have asked around town and from what Darus brother has been told, there was a woman who clamed to be a witch who is resting there. I am beginning to believe that the woman may be the witch.

I do not know if she is dangerous, but if the way I'm feeling is anything to go by, I think that maybe she is. It has never happened to me before this. I have always tried to block this kind of thing, so I have always had a bad feeling. Not like this though. The spirit that I mentioned earlier is like my protector. She has been with me for as long as I can remember and has never done harm. Her name is Arial and she will never hurt me.

That is the only thing I have ever seen before this. I have felt things but put up my guard before I see anything. It has to be something powerful to break down my guard and I can feel Arial's unease. She has been very frightened the past couple of days. I haven't seen her and it frightens me. I can usually see her. So I do not know what to do

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, claudiabrowning, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
I agree with everyone else about the battery being disconnected would not stall the car but if they were running there headlights A.C. Radio and the alternator isn't putting out enough juice to keep all this going it could stall the car. I've got no advice until all the questions by everyone else is answered.

Champion
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
I have to point out, being a car nut, that you say "Their car had died in the middle of the graveyard and they had to get out finding out what was wrong. His cables had been removed from his battery.", now if the car is already running, the battery cables becoming disconnected wouldn't make the car stop running. A car battery is only required to START the vehicle nothing more.

Ive travelled in a vehicle more than once that was started with the battery in it, the battery removed once the vehicle was started and arrived home WITHOUT a battery in it. So did they stall the car then had to find out why they couldn't restart it?

I also have to ask what others have asked. Where were these handprints? What town? Graveyard? Dress color? Hair color? Etc etc
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
I'll add a question to the 'pot' so to speak...

You say that a self professed witch may be buried in this Graveyard... What kind of grave yard is this. Odds are if it's attached to a Church of any Denomination then a self professed witch is not going to be 'laid to rest' in / on Church grounds. Just some food for thought...

Granny has a very good suggestion, return to the site during the day and offer your apologies...

Respectfully,

Rook
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+4
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
claudia: So many questions, so little space 😆...First of all, cemeteries are rarely "haunted" per se, unless someone committed suicide or was murdered there, or in the general vicinity, in my opinion...However, I do believe that every resting place has what I call a "watcher/s" (caretaker/s if you will), a spirit/s that guards the graves of our dearly departed... I believe these watchers will follow you, if you and your friends were in any way being disrespectful of the tenants...

I suggest you go back to the cememtery during the day and make your apologies, and promise to never be disrespectful again...
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
Which town? What graveyard?

Simply removing the battery cables will not automatically cause a car to stop working.

This story strikes me as made up. A lot of generalities, few specifics.
You could feel that the atmosphere had changed, but you could get close enough to see the eyes of a lady in a dress. No specifics on what kind of dress, no specifics on what color or hairstyle of her hair, skin color, dress type, shoes, etc?

Hand prints all over the place. What place? Where, what kind?

(heavy sigh)
Demon (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
Well this sounds uncomfortable but have she done anything against you? Except to follow you.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
First of all, where did you see handprints? Were they on the car? How big were they? Maybe there were actual spider webs on you, if the graveyard was old and it was the right season. Could you tell us more about your spirit guide and why you believe she "is like" your protector? Has she helped you out in other situations? So is the harrassment mostly mental? Where are you seeing this witch woman and how is she interacting with you? Is it all a mental based attack? I don't really understand what is bothering you. You saw something weird and now you are mentally bothered by it? Is strange phenomena occuring in your place of residence or anywhere else? Can you elaborate more on what is happening to you?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: