You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandad And Demon In Dream

Real Ghost Stories

Grandad And Demon In Dream

 

Let me first of all say my wonderful Granddad died about 7 years ago now from Alzheimer's disease. He never knew me or my whole family for around 4 years. I never went to his wake because I just didn't want to see him like that. About 3 weeks after his death I started to feel like someone was watching me in the house. One night I was watching the T.V when I heard things smashing in the kitchen, I ran out and the cupboard door was open and all the glasses and plates had fell out. When we moved house the new owner would ask my mother did you feel anything thing in this house because every time I go out when I return home all the lights are on and all the door's in the house left open...

But now my dream. This is what happened, I walked into my Grandma's house and sitting on the chair was my Granddad. I had just got a new job and he was asking me how it was going, and he also asked me about my life and how I was keeping. Then a very loud scream came from the kitchen we both walked down and there standing was my Grandma with her back turned to us, she then turned around she had an evil looking face, she then screamed really loud in my face.

That's when I woke up sweating. What could this dream mean? And remember my Granddad had Alzheimer's so I was so happy to talk to him about my life even if it was just a dream. I still miss him everyday and wish he would visit again. Hope someone could give me some information.

I'm new to the site and have a lot more stories about the Ouija board etc. Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BornSlippy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
I wondered like Rook is your grandmother still alive? If so it could be your subconcious thinking your grandmother is mad or upset with you because you missed the wake and it sounds like you do feel guilty because of it. I am sorry for your loss.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
BornSlippy,

The experience with the dishes may have been your Granddad trying to communicate with you / your Family... And no one was 'seeing / feeling' anything more subtle...

As far as your Dream goes...I've been reading up on our passed loved ones being in our dreams and here's a theory for you...

When we see our passed loved ones in our dreams it's a sign they have 'crossed over' and may choose to come back and 'visit' with Family Members.

Now a Question... Has your Grandmother passed as well or is she still alive and well? It makes a difference on how her presence in your dream can be interpreted.

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
hotsydaddy (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
i think its your grandad trying to tell you something cause when you dream you travel to different worlds. So your grandpa might of accessed your world. I believe there are spirits watching over us in our dreams.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
BornSlippy: I'm inclined to go with bacchae on this and say that the experience with the dishes and stuff seems more like a paranormal event than the dream, which in my opinion was just a dream...

Thank you for posting
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
Sounds like you had a bad dream. IF and only IF you keep getting bad dreams in this same vein, then you'd have something to worry about.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
I often dream of loved ones who have passed, and can't help but wonder if they are actually visiting me or if it's just a dream. I guess there's no way to know for sure, but if it makes you happy to believe your grandad visited you, then you can choose to believe it. As for the nightmarish part of the dream, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Probably just some of your residual anxiety about his death bubbling up from your subconscience in an unusual way.
BornSlippy (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
Yes but what I'm asking is can Ghosts/Spirits find you again in your dreams? And the things that happened in my house with the glasses & plates smashing I really think it was my Grandad trying to tell me something.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
Where's the demon? Your grandma's face? Sounds like just a nightmare to me. As for the first experience, sounds like your regular run of the mill michievous spirit. Sorry it broke your dishes. It really just sounds like you had a nightmare, though. Nothing too paranormal.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: