You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: I Almost Slept Forever

Real Ghost Stories

I Almost Slept Forever

 

This is my first story here; I hope I tell it right. I can't remember exactly how old I was maybe 7 or younger I am twenty five years old now. My mom tells me this story all the time. Let me give you a little of my background. I am from Africa. I have eight siblings. My family lived in the city. Every summer my family returned to our small village which is a very rural place.

We were in the village one summer. My siblings were playing outside. My mother came out of the house and told them she was going to visit a relative whose house where not too far from ours. As for me, I had fallen asleep on the kitchen bed (In the village the kitchen is always build separately from the main house and inside there is always a bed or two made of bamboo). My mom came back hours later with some guavas the relative has given her for us. She gave some to my siblings. She then asked my sisters where I was to give me some as well. My sister told her I was still sleeping. She got worried and asked if I was sick because I had been sleeping for a long time. My sisters said they didn't know.

So my mom came in the kitchen to check on me. She called me and tried to wake me up but I didn't wake up. My other siblings tried to wake me up; when I still didn't wake up (I am not a heavy sleeper), they knew something was wrong and called for help which was mostly other people in the village. The hospital there is way too far away and we didn't have a car at that time so they couldn't count on that. Nothing had happened that day that would have explained why I wasn't waking up. I didn't have a fever or anything. I appeared asleep that was all.

Please keep in mind that this is a place where there is no doctor or medicine or anything so you may find some of the methods used a little strange but they are all true. They shook me, they poured cold water on me, and they took me outside hoping the sunlight will help but still no response. They poured hot sand on me and tried to make me inhale black pepper maybe to get me to sneeze, no response. All along my mother was calling my name and asking me to please come back.

After a good 20 minutes of trying to wake me up, I was taken in the forest and hold against a big tree, house to big red ants. After minutes of being bitten by the ants I finally woke up. We all went back to the village. That night in our room my sister asked me if I remembered anything of what had happened. It is hard to explain; it was like I saw everything they were doing to me but from a distance. It is only years later when I was a teenager that I remembered where I was. I was in the yard with my grandmother (she is still alive). She was trying to take me with her. Insisting I go with her but wouldn't tell me where we were going. I remember the feeling of really wanting to go with her but the sound of my mom's voice kept reaching out to me. I told my grandma to let me go see what my mother wanted and that I will be back with her. She kept insisting I go with her and see my mother later. But my mom voice was just what I wanted to follow.

When I left to go see my mom, I think that's when I woke up. My sisters think It was a bad spirit disguised as my grandmother that tried to take me and I would have died if I had left with 'it". They think that believe my family has have her share of paranormal experiences mainly haunted houses for years. But I don't know?

I'm just glad I woke up that day.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, magilune, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-11)
I agree with everyone else. I have no clue what it was, but I really really don't think that was your grandmother.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-22)
Great story! I know we had another one recently with a similar experience. I do not think these entities can really make you sleep forever, but it might have caused you a bad nightmare or something... Perhaps an attempted attack on you while you were having an OBE or something.
BrittanyBelieves (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
Woah, this story was amazing. I believe everything you said and I also agree that about the OBE. I am so Glad you woke up, thank God. I too want to know have you experienced anything else like this? And awh I'm sorry you had to get bitten by ants!: (but great story.
PhenoBarbiDoll (10 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
That gave me chills. Did you ever ask your grandmother if she experienced it too? That would bring a lot of answers; does she even know this happened to you? If so, What did she say/think?

As Indigo said, if she was asleep at the time too it's possible she was having an obe with you but it's kind of concerning that she would not tell you where she was going to take you and would not let you see what your mother wanted first - your mother was obviously distressed and scared for you, it makes no sense your grandmother wouldn't care. A lot of things don't add up at this point and I personally feel you might've been trying to be led away from a more sinister being disguised as your grandmother as your family said. I'm glad you decided to go back to your mother!

Also - has this happened since then? Even if it's not your grandmother you see, have you had the same type of experience before/after?

P.s - I can't imagine getting bit by angry red ants! Ow...
HappySpirit (187 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-20)
AnimalAngels - this story does sound paranormal to me when you factor in magilune's "dreamtime" experience with the grandmother (or what was posing as a grandmother.) I feel that this element does elevate the story into the spooky, paranormal and perhaps demonic. The almost coma like sleep alone does not - I first thought of sleeping sickness as she (I assume Magilune is a girl) was in Africa, but she doesn't list any of the other symptoms so I eventually ruled that out.
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-20)
Your experience sounds much like an obe, but I personally have never had a living visitor come during one of my outings. I've heard of people sharing obes, family members etc, but have never had this experience for myself. Was your grandmother sleeping as well? Most folks experiencing an obe are very hard to 'wake up' even though we aren't really asleep. Have you ever felt yourself out somewhere other than your body before or is this the first time ever that you've felt this? Normally, when a visitor comes to me and they want me to go with them, they are deceased, not living.
AnimalAngels (guest)
-2
13 years ago (2011-08-20)
I'm sorry but I don't really see anything to paranormal in this story, but its probably just me that thinks this! Thank you for sharing this story!

❤,

AA
weezyluva808 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-20)
wow that's amazing and pretty scary... I'm very glad you woke up to!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: