You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Dad Almost Fainted Lol

Real Ghost Stories

Dad Almost Fainted Lol

 

This is one of those stories that keep your mouth wide open and your eyes bulgy. So this is not mine but my dad's story. When he was a young adult, before he got married to my sweet mum, he had this very good friend, they met in school and hit it off. This friend we will call John. John's mum had a little store where she sold drinks, food, candy and other groceries, so John was like this cool kid back then if you know what I mean (free food, free drinks if you became John's friend).

So, well he became good friends with my dad and they always met in the shop. God knows what mischief they embarked on being young adults and knowing my dad A LOT (lol). John's mum, sister, and younger brother knew my dad as they had gotten that close.

Then fast forward to a couple of years later, they've both gone their separate ways trying to find their footing being grown men. They hadn't heard from each other in years. So that fateful morning when dad went out and to his surprise saw John at a bus station was really nice... They talked and laughed like old times and then, according to dad, John became sad and said my dad never called on him and his family, that he should have at least gone to check on his mum and sister (sister had a crush on dad then). Dad felt bad and agreed to go say hi to them at the shop. The bus came and he hopped on and went on his way.

A week later he decides to go visit shop, hoping to find John's mum, the sister or John himself. He even bought some gifts (you know, to apologize). He laughed at how foolish he looked with his gifts when he learnt what happened.

So he got there and saw the mum, greeted her and apologized for not coming by to say hi after all these years and she told him it was fine. He proceeded to tell her that he even met John some time last week and they had a good talk, and asked her where he was. This was when the woman looked shocked and white as if she was suffering a stroke. Confused, dad asked what was wrong and when the woman finally came to she said John had been dead months ago and broke down weeping. Dad was even more confused because he had talked to John just last week.

Long story short, John really was dead. He had died in an accident and dad almost fainted when he saw it was true. The experience saddens him and makes him laugh too. He was glad his friend chose to somehow say goodbye to him.

Other hauntings by ladymoira

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ladymoira, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ladymoira (3 stories) (30 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-02-11)
Valkricry

I too got that feeling and unfortunately she's late. Strange world indeed.
Thanks!
ladymoira (3 stories) (30 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-11)
Kellyann87,WiniPuv4,MaybeADreamer,Sam222,Gayatrishiva,Darkangel73

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. Its one of my favourite out of all dad's experiences.
Thanks!
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-10)
This was a very touching story. I know if that happened to me I probably would of fainted!
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-08)
Its really a very touching story and death is not the end but it might be end to this world and not to the other unknown world or whatever that might be.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-02-08)
I agree ours is a strange and fantastic world. Sad day, when you reach the point of feeling there is nothing 'new' to learn, or adventures to be had.
I'm curious, has your father kept in touch with John's mom? It seems to me, that John was asking, in an indirect way, that he look after her for him.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-02-06)
Oh my gosh! I would have fainted too. After reading the part where he meant John at the bus stop, I just new that was going to be the case because that event + the title just made me jump to that conclusion. I still feel bad for John though. I glad your dad got the chance to say goodbye to him.
MaybeADreamer (4 stories) (58 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-06)
Hi Ladymoira

What a nice story. It's always a nice thought that our loved ones are still around us after passing, even if we don't see them.

Even nicer to see them for a chat before finding that they have passed so there is no fear involved.

Thanks for sharing xx 😁
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-02-06)
Hello:
I also love your story. It's very reassuring that this isn't all there is. I'm sure after the shock wore off that your dad was very happy that John made the effort to appear to him. I think it makes us feel valued and special when a loved one transcends death to show us how much they care.
I think something like this is life altering, and in a good way. And, I'm sure John wanted to share that with your dad. It was indeed a wonderful gift.
A beautiful story; thank you.
Kind Regards,
Lynev
kellyann87 (3 stories) (44 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-02-05)
What a great story, Very touching. Thanks for sharing! I really enjoyed it. 😊
ladymoira (3 stories) (30 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-05)
Bluemer04
If that happened to me I will definitely be scared at first then after calming down I'll realize how special I am to him/her.
Thanks!
ladymoira (3 stories) (30 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-05)
Notjustme
Thanks,whenever I bring up this story to my father you can see the play of emotions on his face from sadness, fear then happiness. What I've eventually learnt is that there is more to this life then we know. And some day we will know. Thanks!
bluemer04 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-05)
I agree. Someone going back to say goodbye to a friend, shows how special you are, even though he already pass... Good thing he has no idea that John was already dead and it's like a normal laid back conversation.

But for me, if that happens to me and I am aware that a friend of mine already passed, I really do not know what will my reaction would be. It will depend on how deep our friendship is. Or maybe I will be very glad at least I will have chance to catch up with a special friend.

Thanks for sharing.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-05)
I love these types of stories. It's sad but also so touching that friends come back to say goodbye in their own ways. Our whole existence really do fascinate me... What a wonderfully "scary" world we live... Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: