You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Weird Things Only For Me

Real Ghost Stories

Weird Things Only For Me

 

We moved into a new flat which was more spacious than our old one. I was so happy to move in. That night my bed was not set up so my mom said I could sleep with her in her room. I didn't want to sleep on the bed so I slept in mat on the floor. My dad wasn't home as his friend had an accident and he was in the hospital too. My brother and mom had already fallen asleep but I didn't feel so sleepy.

After half an hour I closed my eyes. Suddenly I heard the door of the bedroom opening slightly. (My head was on the other side so I couldn't see the door) I thought it was my dad but I didn't hear the main door opening. I sat up to see him but to my surprise the door was shut and no one was there. I ignored it and went back to sleep.

After 2 seconds I heard footsteps on the floor. I could hear it so clearly and I know it was true what I heard. I was so scared to look what it was. The footsteps continued for about 15 seconds. Then it stopped. I was so scared but I got up to see it. Again I found nothing. I called my mom and told her but she said I was just dreaming. I know I wasn't.

Another day I slept in that room I saw a shadow moving towards me. I got so freaked out and got up. It disappeared as soon as I got up. I tell everyone about this but no one agrees with me. I have seen shadow of a man whenever I sleep in that room. It's weird.

Why is it only I can see it? Why does it come to me but disappears when I get up? I need answers for my questions!

Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Fire_Fairy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lmllr1995 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
You probably aren't imagining this... I have had strange things similar to this happen to me. If things of this nature continue to happen, you should take note of them and talk to somebody who had a more open mind about these things, but if nothing else happens, than I would brush it off my shoulders, as it very well could have been a dream.
ghostGuy (45 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-11)
Shadow people are just like any ordinary person. They hear and understand what you are saying. They also respond to reason.
Don't let a ghost take over the house.
That is if you weren't dreaming.
Fyi - Many older people may not have experience with ghosts and don't believe anything they can't sense.
Mabs_Sith_Lord (72 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
I believe that what you experienced was indeed of paranormal nature.

You see, when someone moves to a new home, the chances of finding a spirit or spirits is very great indeed. Why? Because when a house lies dormant and free of human activity for a long time, it is normal for spirits to take residence in them, sort of like a supernatural squatter! Spirits or entities or devils like to inhabit desolate places, like ruins, gravveyards or uninhabited homes. So I think that when you moved to your new home, the spirits were already there, and the reason why you feel their presence is because you may be more in tune with the "otherside' than your family members. Or sometimes the spirit will choose you above others, to reveal its presence. Eitherway, the experience can be very unnerving!

In our culture, we tend to bless the new home before moving in. Read some protection prayers (from evil spirits) and sometimes sprinkle holy watter, thereby ridding any spirits that may have taken residence in that home. There was a time when me and my my family moved to a new home and did not perform the house blessing, and we too experienced odd happenings. Indeed, our situation was more serious as my brother, who was only a toddler - became a target for the evil spirits. He is still affected by them today (he is 14 now).

What you need to do is get a religious leader or a priest to bless/ exorcise your home, cleaning the home of malicious spirits. Next time you feel the presence of the shadow man, try to recite some prayers and let it be known it is not welcome in your home.

I hope your problems are solved, and hopefully your home - spirit free!

Take care

MABS SITH LORD
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
Thanks for sharing, I can understand how frustrating it is when you are so sure of something such as this and no one wants to believe you. I went through the same thing.
Let me ask you this, is the house an old house or a newer home? I would suggest that you do some research on the home. Usually when something changes in a home such as home repairs or new people moving into it, it triggers things to start happening. This could be your case. None the less, it would be good to research the history of the home to see if what you are experiencing is related to anything in the home's past or not. Not to mention that if you do find something, you will have concrete evidence to show those non believers.

Good luck and keep us posted

Luv
moonfire2011 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
Sometimes you see things when you're asleep that you can't when you're awake. You're way more sensitive then and the veils between the worlds thin to the point where they blend together. I disagree that it was a dream, it was a haunting.
johntravis28 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
It sounds to me like you might have been dreaming. It's happened me before that I've woken from a dream, and as soon as I fall asleep again the dream continues, and that could be what happened here as for the door opening and the footsteps you mention you were asleep.

For the shadow you mention that you saw it when you slept in the room. Were you sleeping at the time you saw it too?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: