You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Shadow People By My Closet

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow People By My Closet

 

In my house you see a lot of fleeting, shadowy forms out of the corner of our eyes. Once in awhile you'll here footsteps racin through the house and your the only one up, even though your not moving. In my bedroom if you stay up anywhere between 12:am and 1:30am, leave all the lights off, you see those dark fleeting forms. Here is my most recent encounter:

It was 2 in the mornig and I was still lying awake watching tv. I glanced over at my clock and saw the time. I shut the tv off. And out of habit rolled over and faced my closet, I instantly regretted it. I could see the outline of a persumably male solider. Staring back at me.

I closed my eyes and blinked several times. When I opened them again, I got a very strong unusual feeling of being watched. I crouched deeper in my covers, and the feeling only got stronger. My heart slowed down and breathing became very deep. On instinct I kicked the covers off myself and looked up. What was looking back at me was the faint shadowy form of an old gray haired witch looking women with very dead and hallowed eyes.

I turned on the bathroom light and used it as a night-light. It helped a little but I could still see her. I slept with my older step-sister that night. The next night, I turned on the bathroom light and tried to go to sleep, but the "evil is watching me!" feeling got to strong and I slept on the couch in the livingroom that night.

This happened two nights ago and has been going on since I was six. I need anwsers. Please comment!

Other hauntings by Shayneigh

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shayneigh, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Lisa3007 (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
Hello, are you interested in sharing your story on a paranormal investigation show? Please contact me.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
Reminds me of The Old Hag a little bit, but without the sitting on the chest. So how often does it happen then? If it is consistently happening have you told anyone about this? Family,friends, etc.
Do you see the soldier all the time aswell?
I think you need to address a few more of the questions that have been posted up so we can have a better understanding as to why this activity continues to happen.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
Okay, so you have been seeing the same forms ever since you were 6 years old, is that correct? I'm only asking so I can gain more depth into your story. I am sorry this is happening to you. If I may, I would suggest trying to bless your home, maybe you could use a medium or priest to help you do that. You are entitled to use anything you wish as long as you believe in it.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
ghostGuy (45 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-11)
There are a few parts missing.

1. How many experiences after the age of six? What's the frequency?
2. How do you respond to these sightings?
3. Do you tell your parents about the experiences?

You can handle many occurrences yourself without third party intervention (religious figures).

I can give you more information depending on the answers to the questions.
Kirsten_pax09 (10 stories) (72 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-11)
Sometimes spirits of Old Witches come with having certain woods or furniture in your home. Elder Wood for instance is considered dangerous to bring into the home because it was once believed that Witches lived in Elder wood Trees. Not necessarily a real human witch but some kind of evil spiritual creature resembling a fabled witch. Kind of like a faerie...

Try to find out the history of the wood furniture in your home. It could be cabinets, doors, old wood mirrors or wall panels in your bedroom. Not just their history but what kind of woods they were made from?

The Soldier maybe lingering around something he once knew or owned in the house.
michaelLcollins16 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-11)
that is pretty weird but hey your not alone.i've had almost the same thing happen to me every few months for the last few years. I would definitely take oceansea's advice. When I see shadow figures I ask for the protection of the lord and for mine and my familys safety from them. I have a picture of a cross over my bed and have had it for years. It works very well for repelling dark spirits. But the friendlier ones arent deterred from it. But I don't mind them... There cool with me
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
I don't suppose that since you can see said witchy woman, you could also photograph this witchy woman as well?
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
Hi there, Thanks for sharing your story. It is in fact very scary. I have a few questions for you and hope that I can help you. 1. Have you done any research on the property you live in?, 2. Are you the only one that sees these shadowy figures? 3. Are you the only one that has had any fear coming from these entities? 4. How do you know it was a female and a soldier?
Sometimes by getting this information before hand, you can answer a lot of the questions you might have as to what they are or what they want. More than likely although seeing something unexpected at night can cause anyone to get scared, you can tell the difference when it is something evil versus something that is not.
I hope this helps a little and hope to see your responses to my questions.

Luv
Mabs_Sith_Lord (72 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
Oceansea,

Correction; Muslims are not allowed to hang pictures of Muhammad in their homes or place of worship, indeed they are prohibited from making any images of him whatsoever. The reason being that some people might start worshipping the form, whether picture or statue of Muhammad - instead of God. That is why you will find Mosque's free of any human depictions, Arabic caligraphy/ art is used in its stead. Since idol worship is seen as a big sin in Islam. (as it is also in Judaism and early Christianity).

Cheers.

Coming back to the topic; Shayneigh, if these shadowy beings still persist in haunting and scaring you, even after you try prayer, and burning sage and the usual spirit elimination (ha ha! Elemination! I must sound like a Ghostbuster! Lol!), then contact a priest or a religious leader in your community ASAP. Seek his (or her) advice. Try to get your home cleansed. And hopefully, these shadowy jokers will try and take their ghostly kicks somewhere else!

Take care

MABS SITH LORD
JimD (431 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
U'll give my 2 cents worth. No preaching, but those symptoms are clearly demonic. Head games, especially at night, dark shadows, fear, confusion, etc. My counsel is to try Catholic Holy water, especially on the bed. Also, the phrase "Jesus and Mary help me" does help. Good luck and God nless you. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
oceansea (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
I am quite sorry, I meant to say banish the spirits, not try them! 😭 😉
oceansea (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
Shay,
I would suggest sleeping with the Bible or hanging a large picture of your spiritual leader (Christ, Muhammed ect.). You could also try smudging the room with burning sage.

This sounds REALLY creepy!

You may also trying the spirits from the house,
You hold your right arm up at a 90 degree angle and say with full confidence," By the power/light/love of Christ, I command thee/you to leave".
It always works for me and I see the shadows and hear things, unfortunetly.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: