You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Two Ghosts Together

Real Ghost Stories

Two Ghosts Together

 

I started seeing ghosts when I was at least 6 years old. The ghosts I seen where that of a man and a woman, sometime holding hands. I think that they could be my late late grandparents on my mothers side, which I have never seen before in my life, they were already deceased before I was born.

These ghosts used to visit me quite often at night and I could see them walk into my bedroom and then as they would get over to me, they would hold me down and take my voice box away so that when I tried to scream I couldn't. I could feel their hands on my body just like they were still alive but I never knew why they were coming to visit me out of the 13 children that my parents had. The rest of my siblings said that they never experienced seeing any ghosts so they were only visiting me.

I moved from South Carolina to New Jersey when I turned 22 years old and the ghosts followed me even to New Jersey but I never saw them anymore. I could hear them walking into my bedroom and holding me down as always. I often wonder what I could have done to make them do me this way and I have no definitive answers. I am still confused why they bother just me and not some of my other siblings. I don't know if they mean me any harm, but when they hold me down and take my voice away, they seem to me as though they are very angry with me, but for what?

I developed spinal meningitis when I was six and a half months old and was literally on the brink of death until the doctor that was taking care of me withdrew most of my spinal fluid so that I would have a chance to live. It worked but from that I developed epilepsy because my nerves all over my body where destroyed, even the ones in my brain. I survived a very bad experience in my childhood but today I have different levels of seizures and cannot hold a steady job or a relationship with a girl because people are scared of me when I have a seizure.

I am wondering: is this the reason why the ghosts are bothering me and what are they trying to tell me or do to me?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, quejay05, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Macer_man (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
"developed spinal meningitis when I was six and a half months old and was literally on the brink of death"

You said they hold you down and take away your voice box. Maybe they are showing you what could have been? I'm not sure what that condition is you mentioned but maybe it was meant to cripple you and not being able to walk or talk. Maybe they are showing you what it could feel like so you appreciate life more? I'm not sure because you said you'd be held down I'm assuming you couldn't move like most people get, and they don't bug your other siblings. So I think they aren't mad at you but maybe trying to teach you to appreciate what you have. I don't know because I was never directly involved with spirits only once I saw one look at me and he disappeared but that was about it lol. And a spirit haunting an artpiece in which I posted my story here at this site.
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
This could easily be a purely medical condition having had spinal meningitis and now epilepsy. I would not be surprised at all if the being held down and having you voice stolen was a type of seizure. Seizures can cause audio/visual hallucinations also which could explain the couple you are seeing or hearing. You also mentioned that you often wonder what you might have done to make them do this. If you are on Keppra you it can cause you to feel overly responsible and give you the sensation you need to make things right or find solutions for everything. You may want to discuss this with your doctors there should be medications that can help with your seizures and simple changing off currant meds (if you are on any) could possible clear up these haunting and maybe even help control your seizures better. I hope this is the case and you can get this under control and have a more normal life.
sussieq (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
qujay05

I have to wonder as do the other posters. Did these ghosts appear to you just before you had a seizure? If so, maybe they were trying to prepare you and help you through it by holding you down. Did you ever feel threatened when this happened or just confused? Can't wait to see your response.
cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
[at] otteer: I agree to your opinion aswell!
Actually it would be very important to know about the exact feeling quejay05 had/has during these encounters (fear, coldness, negative,...).
As I mentioned below, it somehow sounds like he actually "copes" with those experiences quite well!

Looking forward to an update on this story!:)
cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
This is in fact a very interesting story, thank you for sharing!

I think due to the fact that you are the only one out of 13 kids encountering these experiences and that you are the only one (I assume?) of your siblings having physical "suffering" (sorry to name it that way), these two facts might be connected!

I have 2 questions to ask:
1. Did these experiences also happen BEFORE your meningitis or did both start at about the same time?
2. During these encounters, did you ever feel "scared" or uneasy in any way? I'm asking because your style of writing suggests to me that (although this sounds like quite an uncomfortable situation), you always felt quite "confused only" - never scared or something alike!

If, as you mentioned, those spirits were your late grandparents (what makes you believe that by the way?), it might be some kind of "support" or "physical training" (?) they are trying to help you with!

For instance, I know those seizures of epilepsy (I am not epileptic but I worked with people suffering different levels of epilepsy) and depending on their grade it might be necessary to literally "hold the affected body down" in order to protect the person from themselves and to make their muscles relax!

This is only my personal opinion, but maybe it might be a hint.
Actually it's the only explanation I can possibly figure out for that story...

If in fact those happenings/encounters were never really scary for you (I mean like horrible/frightening), it maybe might have been some sort of "preparation" of your late grandparents, given to you to make your future life easier/more bearable and to make you nothing but stronger!

Anyway, I wish you all the best and I can assure that not "all people are scared when seeing a seizure" 😊!
Sounds to me like you are doing a great job in your life! *respect*

Looking forward to reading your updates!
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
I'm sorry you are experiencing this. Its the same two people you saw every time when you were at home? Never different? Did you see others at any time? Could you verify their identity by asking for pictures of your grandparents? I don't now why someone in your family would hurt you... And holding you down in anger is hurtful, me thinks this is not family. Unless, your grandparents were not good people, and that happens. It seems these spirits are attached to you, and you might want to try telling them before they reach your bed to leave you alone, you are tired of them. If that won't work, others suggest having your home blessed, or you can smudge it with sage. Take control of the situation. If you cannot scream (and that sounds like sleep paralyse sp too) get angry and tell them mentally to bug off! They will feed off your fear so try and turn it on them and take control. I wish you the best and hope you get some good advise.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: