You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Cat Spirit In Our Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

Cat Spirit In Our Bedroom

 

We have a Bengal Cross kitten who is 7 months old and she has always been very happy to sleep with my fiancè and I at night (either on the bed or inside her cathouse), but for the last two weeks she refuses to sleep in our bedroom. Every night that I try and put her with us on the bed she starts making hissing sounds and bolts back into the lounge.

She seems to be sleeping in the room during the day when we are at work, but never at night anymore.

On numerous occasions myself or my fiancè have been woken up at night by the feeling that our kitten has jumped on the bed with us, heard cat footsteps on the carpet in the room or felt cat paws tugging at our feet, but when we switch on the light to investigate, our kitten is fast asleep in the lounge.

We have been sensing that there is another cat (in spirit form) in our bedroom as we often hear a cat licking itself when ours is not present.

We close all windows at night as our kitten sleeps through and only wakes me in the morning to open the window for her.

She has this cathouse she loves to sleep in, but lately she doesn't want to anymore. Last night I decided to move the cathouse to the lounge and she happily got into it while purring and fell asleep right there.

My fiancè and I are finding it very disturbing that our kitten avoids the bedroom at night and somehow we get the feeling she is seeing something present that we don't. She seems very afraid of whatever is present and this is not acceptable for us.

The flat buidling we live in was built in 1954 so I assume there would be many cats that would have passed on.

How can we get rid of this entity and make our kitty a happy one again?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tess, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Dee_cat (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
You might want to call a priest or something. Get some holy water! Any spirit rituals should work.
Tess (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-23)
Hi everyone, thanks for all the advice and comments. My fianc
ilovecolleen (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-22)
im having the exact same experance you can email me at erickajade [at] frontiernet.net it just started it after I got a new kitten please email me if you can to tell me what you did
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-13)
How the heck do you hear cat footsteps?! I have a kitten and many cats in my lifetime and I have never heard their footsteps (only when they are running around the house). Afterall, a cat is designed to be the ultimate killing machine.
Now, on to the story. I'd suggest perhaps buying a cat toy for the "cat spirit" to play with. Just to be sure that there is a cat Spirit in your home. Try asking the Spirit to play with the toy. And, also, if it does end up being a cat Spirit, you may cleanse your house or anything like the other posters have suggested.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
TerriLewis123 (1 stories) (93 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
Wow; I saw a story where a lady had a cat that started getting so scared it would only stay in the closet. Then it stopped eating & the lady reluctantly put the kitty down. (My friend said she would have moved.) I don't know what I would do, but I think as long as your cat's spirits & health is good, I wouldn't worry too much. Maybe it would also help that you, as mentioned in other posts, keep light & fresh air in, light scented candles, play soft music. Take Care.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
First, I just wanted to remind you that cats of all kinds are very territorial. If the cat even senses something off in the room, she would be adverse to going into the room, especially to sleep.

Have you and/or your fiance heard or seen other things to lead you to believe it is a cat in the room? Is it possible it is the spirit of a dog? As you mentioned the age of the property it stands to reason that there may have been many different pets that resided there.

Keep us posted,
God Bless!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
Thanks for sharing this! It is possible that your kitten is seeing the spirit of another. Animals are pretty intelligent and their spiritual senses seem very well attuned.

I would say give it some time. I would feel bad running a kitty spirit out of my home, personally. I think the suggestion that was made to play with your kitty and tire him/her out might help if it is just a behavioral problem. If not, cats usually get used to each other after a while, even if they do not like each other, so your kitty may get over her fear/hostility toward the 'other' one eventually. If the problem still goes on, maybe see about leaving a toy or a treat out for your visitor?
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
Rook ~ Now see you explained a cleansing ritual WAY better than I ever could! I salute you! Remind me to message you later some time in a some what similar respect to this, but for now thank you for such a detailed explanation for how to cleanse this situation, 😊 you rule rooky!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
Tess,

While this doesn't sound malevolent or 'evil' nor for that matter negative in anyway I offer you the following 'ritual' for cleansing/shielding your home... It will work for any unwanted spirits, entities or energies be they human, non-human or animal in nature...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Respectfully,

Rook
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-11)
I'm not so sure about how to cleanse a house of kitty spirits, although I would think it would be the same as for any other spirit with sage and lavender etc (you guys know these things better than I before I give out some bad advice of cleansing)

I DO know about Bengal kittens however, and I would dare say it's a normal trait of theirs to be a bit hissy and growly at random moments with or without a spirit present, have you tried to tire her out a little bit with cat toy play etc.? They are a very active breed of cat and need a lot of exercise, mine has a back foot she is hopping on and still wants to chase my other cats and play with her mousie on a stick regardless of her injury!

I'd suggest a simple cleansing ritual in your home would be the best idea and LOTS more exercise for the living kitty 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: