You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunting In A New House

Real Ghost Stories

Haunting In A New House

 

I guess it all started about 9 months ago. My house seems to be haunted, but when I found out that my house was only twenty years old, I thought that it didn't seem probable that a traumatic death had taken place in it. Since, that's how a lot of hauntings go, right? But, I did read on this one website, that there could've been a death on the property, which made so much sense, and I was frustrated with myself for not realizing that before.

In the beginning, when I first started to notice the weird activity around me, I was confused. I was confused because I've lived in my house for about 4 years. So, I decided to educate myself and found out that many spirits can remain dormant for many years.

Mostly, the activity was the regular stuff, like hearing odd noises, like bumps in the night, creaks that were familiar. But, when the familiar creaks echoed around the house at night, I became very scared because those creaks always came from the stairs, which no one was going up, because I could always see the staircase from my bed. Some of the other normal things that you would instantly think of, cold spots, odd smells, and the thing that bothered me the most, were the faint feelings of someone always watching me, even sometimes touching me.

The most frightening thing that happened, was in the bathroom. Getting out of the shower, grabbing for my towel, I looked at the mirror at myself and noticed something that scared me out of my wits. All over me, were scratches. They weren't bleeding. But they had that appearance. I was terrified. But, the most scary thing about it, was that there was an area over my heart where there was a distinctive X. I almost started crying. But, by then I already told my parents about my experiences, and of course, they didn't believe me. Long story short there's been a lot of activity in my house, targeted at me. Too much for me to write about, even though I really want to.

Thanks for reading

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GhostGirl7, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

latty (10 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-01-14)
Pray and read your bible aloud as soon as something happens! Pray and read any page from your bible immediately in your room before you sleep. Works for me
bratslovergirl2011 (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
I think its not very nice to scare the girl like that. It could be paranormal, but and rash explainations or assuptions won't help if its not paranormal. Just try to calm your fear and you probubly will find that the activity will decrease. Hope you find the answers your looking for.
Carolann
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
GhostGirl7, I would definately encourage you to write down your experiences, in more detail, as these can help us to help you. You don't have to write it down in one story, but you can write your experiences down in parts (e.g. My Experiences Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, etc). I do hope that you explain more in depth and in greater detail.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
mythicdragon (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
To be totally honest I wish you had of provided more detail in your story. Because this would have helped explain a lot more on what's going on with you. As for the scratches you saw that one time in the mirror could be just a halucination brought on by fear. I am in no way saying you are lying but I wish there was more detail for me to make a more serious comment. So in regards to your story I found it some what interesting, but it did lack a lot of details that could shed some light on events that happen to you. As for a closing statement to you I truly understand your need for privacy. But sometimes talking things out does help in the end. In the end I truly hope that what ever is that is bothering you stops. So good day and I hope things works out for you.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
Javelina makes some very good points here, as does every one else, well except Carala (seriously what is your deal?)

But I would definately like to hear more about your experiences in a lot more detail there could be some answers in those details we could perhaps help you with 😊
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
Ghost girl, could you please go into more detail about the other things that are happening in your home that you wanted to write about but didn't?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
GhostGirl7,
I have to agree with both sarahmariacecilia and MandyNicole. Both have very plausible explanations and suggestions.
Most of these occurrence's that you have tagged as normal ghost/haunting noises are actually the things that can more than often be caused by natural sources. The feelings of being watched could be an over active ENF source, but can also be a side effect of your general fear.
Your scratches were only noticed by you once you looked in the mirror, which suggests they aren't of a paranormal nature at all. If something wanted to harm you by scratching you, you definitely would have felt it as it scratched you. Not as a passing glance in the mirror.
My thoughts on this experience are that you have nothing to fear here. If you really do think about all these things you've experienced, and make an honest attempt at debunking them, you will find it's much easier to explain away. Don't look for answers in the paranormal first. Those are only for what cannot be explained away by natural sources. And I just don't see anything here that cannot be easily debunked, sorry.

Jav
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
Question about the scratches... Was there any pain associated with the scratches? Did you feel anything in the shower, like someone scratching you?

I hope you have someone whom you can confide in about these goings ons. This site is a good place to come but I hope you have a trusted friend or family member to talk with. Good luck and my advice for you is to keep a journal and start writing down times, dates and occurrences. This would be something that you could show your parents and they may be a little more open to discussion. Good luck.
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
What a horrible experience to have.
Can you physically see the scratches on yourself all the time, or did you see them only once while looking in the mirror? I like sarahmariacecilia's idea about them, it seems very plausible- I have that type of sensitive skin myself.
And has this thing reacted in a violent manner toward you, currently or in the past?

I just don't think creaks and the creepy feelings signify a malevolent ghost. Or a ghost at all, honestly.

I am not by any means doubting your story, but have you thought over all possible logical explanations?
Cold spots could be drafts or a heating/cooling issue, smells may be coming from surrounding neighbors, if you live under power lines it could also account for feelings of being watched (all though, not touched)?
The scratches make me curious though, maybe if it happens again try and take a picture. I would really like to hear the rest of your stories too, it would probably help to connect the dots as to why this thing is apparently targeting you. Hopefully you don't have another fright like that!
sarahmariacecilia (3 stories) (105 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
They just disappeared? Weird... No scars, nothing at all?
Were these scratches painful? It could possibly be a dermatographic urticaria.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dermatographic_urticaria

Its basically skin that is very senstitive to any kind of scratch, even just scrubbing yourself in the shower with say, a loofa. It goes down within 10-15 minutes so this could be why the scratches disappeared.

Has this happened anymore? What other activity has been in your house?
GhostGirl7 (1 stories) (2 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
the scrathces just dissapeared whenever I thought of showing someone, almost like it knew I was trying to get help
sarahmariacecilia (3 stories) (105 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
Where do your parents think the scratches came from? Do they think you're doing it yourself? I know if I told my parents that something was hurting me and I had shown them proof, they would definitely have concerns. If you are really concerned, try confiding in a spiritual leader in your area and see if they can help you.
Blessings,
Sarah
jak89 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
Don't freak out no one tried to kill you in your sleep. Try doing a little more research about the property and the surrounding houses. Who knows maybe whatever it is spends time at other peoples homes. As far as only targeting you, maybe it knows your the only one awake that's why it likes to bother you. I wouldn't say full on haunting but definitely something paranormal in my opinion. Good luck on further research and keep us posted.

Peace -Jake-
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
Um...don't listen to Carla. I don't think a ghost is trying to kill you. That's just silly. And it's probably making you more afraid than you already are. Sure, the scratches coul come from a paranormal source; but there could also be a logical explanation. I scratch myself all the time in my sleep. Especially my face. I know it's me, who else could it be? I understand you are having weird experiences, such as the noises; maybe you just have a wee bit of paranormal activity in your house, rather than a full on haunting. It's good to be curious about the land that you live on, I would search further into that. I'm sorry the scratches scared you. It might be something odd, but I wouldn't worry about it just yet. Keep us posted if anything else happens.

This comment from Carala11 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: