You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Stuff At New House

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Stuff At New House

 

Been a while... Hope everyone is well during this pandemic.:)

My husband, our 15 month old baby and our 5 dogs (all poms) moved into our new house in May 2020.

This house was built in 1986 and was in really good condition. We started looking for houses after having too many security issues at the house we were living in (That house we built in a security estate 4.5years ago). Our search started last year September and in November we came accross this house. It was a deceased estate and we were told by the Real estate agents that he was old and passed away. The previous owner was a lifelong bachelor and had no family, so the sale was being rushed.

We put in an offer which was accepted early December but due to covid we were only allowed to move in May this year. During that time we found out that the previous owner had committed suicide in his bedroom by drinking poison with his alcohol throughout the day and night until he died. (The executor of his estate told us what happened) Anyway we gather it wasn't an easy or painless death, and I just felt very sad and sorry for this old man that felt he had to end his life and since he didn't have any family or friends, life must have been lonely.

Prior to taking occupation of the house we called our priest and explained to him what had happened. As Hindus we do a prayer before moving into a new house. So our priest conducted an extra prayer for the previous owner (prayer for the dead). We asked to live in peace and did a cleansing etc. The house is a beautiful house and it had a soft happy feel to it and everything was going well. (No supernatural activity)

Then in July we decided to do some renovations. From week one of the reno everything started going wrong. The reno we ripped out the carpets to find smooth well preserved cement floors, a few days later the tiler arrives and we find a giant foundation crack that wasn't there a few days before... So we figured maybe we just missed it (hard to miss though - foundation cracks don't just appear overnight). Whatever the builders did it would always go wrong. (could just be terrible work) but we relocated one of the bathrooms to another area of the house and stuff would go missing to just be found where we had looked the day before. The wall tiles started falling of the wall. (we actually fought with the contractors about this and accused them of shoddy work, they said this has never happened before and repaired the walls) The reno was horrendous and eventually we told the contractors to leave with unfinished work because they would do stuff and the next day it would be undone much to everyone's frustration.

During the reno the dogs started to become afraid and act up, the house lost its sunny bright demeanor. I put it done to all the terrible reno, upset the dogs and the house's good vibes.

During the reno the baby and I stayed with my in-laws while my husband stayed with the dogs at home. We have now been a month without any reno and the dogs are still scared, we completed the tiling by hiring a new tiler and finished the painting and small stuff ourselves.

We have wind chimes which I hung up in the passage way (I was told it removes bad energy and spirits when living in our old house). About a week ago about 2am the chimes started to "chime away" ever so slightly and softly, I actually had to get up to listen carefully, thinking that I was hearing things. I wake up go an hold the chimes and the noise stops. I figured it must be a draft from wind. I turn off the alarm, wake up the dogs and take them out, also to check if its windy. No wind at all. Next night same chiming again - this time I go out and check again no wind no draft. I take the chimes of and leave it outside on the garden furniture.

While all this is happening the house now has a creepy vibe at night - so now we leave a light on for us and the pups. The baby refuses point blank to sleep in her cot. She will sleep in it during the day, but at night within 30mins she will be up screaming. One of our pups who has been super protective of her will growl and bark at something invisible while sitting next to her cot.

We actually purchased a super king size bed now so that baby can sleep in bed with us. The dogs have their beds on the floor in our bedroom or 3 choose to jump up on the bed in the guest room with two that sleep on our bed.

Two nights ago, at about 2:30am I wake up to one of the pups standing by the bedroom door growling towards the passage. I sit up in the bed and can hear a faint tapping on the door in the passage that leads to the lounge (We keep it closed at night - security purposes) I get up and pick up the dog and the tapping stops, again maybe the wind or just an odd noise. A few minutes later the door bangs as if there's a draft pushing it, and does this continuously every few seconds, dog is now on the bed with me growling (baby and hubby - fast asleep). I get up thinking maybe a dog got left in the lounge - I check 3 dogs in our room, 2 in the guest room, the door still soft banging... I open the door check around nothing! No wind no draft! But the hair on the back of my neck is standing up... I go to the prayer room I get incense and light it, all while chanting a prayer.

Last night at 2am I wake up to hubby talking in his sleep his hands flaring as if pushing something away from him - dog on bed growling at hubby, next thing this little dog jumps at something in the air onto hubby, hubby wakes up saying what's happening? Doggy comes and sits down next to the baby who is waking up. I get up make baby some milk and she and hubby are asleep again, 3.15am loud bang in lounge as if something large fell down all dogs up, I tell them get in your beds, I go to the lounge check around - one dog is with me checking as well... Nothing fell down. We go back to the room. I decide to read Facebook, insta etc... 4 am another large bang right above our bed as if someone hit the wall with a hammer.

Everyone is up now - crying baby, barking dogs - hubby gets up alarm off, all dogs running around barking looking for an intruder. Nothing at all. Everyone back in bed... The extra protective pup just sits up on his hind legs on the bed just waiting. Him and I go back to sleep about 5:30ish when we see some sunlight coming through...

I'm not sure if this is my paranoia, or there may actually be something, the only time I have seen the dogs act so strange is a few years back at our old house when we had some activity. But then again I wonder If they are just not still upset from all the reno?

Also September will be the one year death anniversary of the previous owner? Wonder if the reno p'd him off?

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions? Waiting to see what happens tonight...

Other hauntings by dido

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dido, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Rajine (14 stories) (740 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-02-22)
Hi [at] Dido I believe that the best remedy for you is playing the Hanuman Chalisa every day, I hope all is well with you and your family now.
LightMight (4 stories) (137 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-10-07)
That's wonderful news that you have a healer working with you, dido 😊
I've always felt that positive thoughts and prayers (no matter what religion or belief system is followed) can help reinforce a successful outcome ~ so, I'm sending you positive thoughts and a prayer that everything within your home be restored to good health and lasting harmony ❤
dido (5 stories) (20 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-10-07)
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for your comments.

[at] The Lost Voyage, Light Might, Biblio

I heard from the neighbours that the previous owner lived a very private life although he was a bit of a drunk at night as they would hear him sitting by the pool in the late hours of the night talking to himself... (could be talking to entities they couldn't see or hear) He was ill at some point and I wonder if he had gotten ill again but I guess we will never know...

[at] Darriux,
Having the "pups"around make everything better. Even when our baby sleeps there is always at least one pup that sleeps on the bed with her which gives me some peace of mind. They are extremely protective, however I get super freaked out when I see them wake up at 2/3am and they are watching something that I can't see...

After I posted this story I had been lighting incense (Lobaan* special incense that cleanses and removes evil and spirits - much like sage and frankincense). We had may 2 or 3 days with nothing weird but then I would see at the corner of my eye a child or person walk past or be standing at the passage door just to look up and find nothing. Recently Hubby started feeling ill and the atmosphere in the house became very dull. He went to see our GP who is also a friend and reiki/spiritual healer. Our GP told him its not a physical illness but rather spiritual turmoil in the house and could envision two entities in the house. Since our GP isn't actively practicing the healing etc anymore he directed us to a spiritual/holistic healer to assist us. Turns out there are two spirits (Not the previous owner) which are trapped in this house. We are in the process of finding out what they want and trying to get them to move on... Praying it all gets resolved soon...
DarriuxDarkk (6 stories) (79 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-09-29)
I love how you have your pups being protective of you and your family. I have 2 dogs as well and both are so energetic and playful, I love them so much. We adopted them at our local animal shelter and I am so happy that we did.

The reason I commented about your dogs is because I know the feeling of having them and feeling secured by them. I have lately been experiencing some sleep disturbances especially on my bedroom. I work nights so I sleep during the day. Lately after having that particular bad dream (that I posted here but yet to be published by mods), I just couldn't get a good sleep. I have that sensation of something not right in my room and this is just new. Fortunately having my 2 dogs in the room makes me feel secured and I have been having a good sleep.

Thank you for sharing your story and God Bless.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-09-28)
Greetings, dido.

I'm in agreement with the first two responses to your narrative. Performing a cleansing is very seldom a once-and-done affair; like regularly tidying up your home, especially with five dogs, the spiritual atmosphere can need repeat cleansings for some time. If he is willing, have the priest perform pooja again, and follow this up with your own efforts to pray & clean out the spiritual harassment that has been triggered by your renovations.

Rookdygin, one of our stalwart regular posters, has a cleaning ritual that is compatible with any religious practice. I'll post his instructions at the bottom of this response.

Best,
Biblio.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)
LightMight (4 stories) (137 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-09-26)
Hi Dido,

Wow, there's a lot going on in your new home! I can imagine how frustrating that must be to awake at 2am with so much odd activity happening - do you ever get any decent sleep?

I agree with everything Lost_Voyage suggested in the previous post; especially, try asking your priest back for further help. You might want to consider doing a spiritual house cleansing on a regular basis if the activity occurs often...

I'm just curious; do you still have many renovations left to complete? You're probably aware that walls, ceilings, carpet (furnishings, etc.) can absorb anything that happens in its surroundings. Was the previous owner ill, or sickly before he passed?

My last question is, do you know if the past owner followed any type of religion, or was he a religious man? Maybe you mentioned that, and I missed it in your story (?). I felt badly when I read your description of how he passed; he must've been struggling emotionally and possibly physically before he decided to take his own life. 😢

I do hope that your home will become peaceful once again; please give us an update sometime soon!

Best Wishes, LightMight
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (233 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2020-09-25)
Hi Dido, great story! You echoed my thoughts exactly at the end of your story. The renovations have stirred something up, but I'm unconvinced as to whether it's the previous owner or something else. The old mans death doesn't sit right with me and I wonder if there may have been something else there that may have pushed him into the suicide. Something that seems to be haunting your family. It seems well documented with many of the stories on this site alone that renovations and a sudden spike in supernatural energy go hand in hand. You could try to ask your priest back for another deeper blessings, and try to make peace with the former owner and see what happens? You might want to research the land itself the house sits on, I know the house is newer but something sinister may have happened on the land. It could be too that the renovations disrupted the old mans spirit who up until then had been protecting the home and infusing it with that feel good energy. His spirit may have been disturbed and left, leaving room for something else to come forward, perhaps the very thing he had been protecting the house from? It will be interesting to see what you turn up, good luck and keep us posted!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: