You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Not Welcome At Hotel St. Marie

Real Ghost Stories

Not Welcome At Hotel St. Marie

 

In searching for a hotel for another trip to the French Quarter, I almost fainted when I read the story from the girls trip entitled Our Hotel Stay Off Toulouse In New Orleans y Erte4879, because it confirmed what I felt while there with my gal friends.

Being that I have friends in New Orleans, a great deal of my time was visiting with them and not the usual tourist trips with my travel buddies. Therefore, I was alone in our two-story suite a lot of our five days there. The entire stay I felt uneasy. Immediately I told the others I would be sleeping on the downstairs sofa, because the upstairs just did not feel right. I saw nothing, but felt the presence of others all through the suite and knew something did not want me there. It is difficult to explain, as I heard no actual voices, yet I clearly "heard"/"felt" the "Don't come in here"s, "You shouldn't be here"s, "Go away"s, "We don't want you here"s, and things of this nature.

One night I returned to the empty suite and as I started to walk up the stairs to the bathroom, I could feel them warning me that I really should not go up there. I was so frightened as I approached mid-way I could hardly move, as I turned and ran down the stairs. I knew I was so unwanted and I was so frightened that I ran outside, used the lobby restroom and sat outside until my friends returned. The remainder of the stay the feelings continued and I made sure I never went upstairs alone. On the last day after taking my shower and began to exit the bathroom, all the warnings were repeated. Thank God there was a balcony off the bath and I actually had to yell to the court yard and ask a friend to come help me down.

On that last day I shared my 'experiences' with the other four only to learn that two others had similar feelings. Again, only those who have experienced this type of thing can understand - how although nothing was spoken, so much was said. Needless to say I have since always chosen other hotels on other streets.

I know this sounds unbelievable, but today when I first was reading the above article, my screen went black, then blue with the 'your computer message that due to a fatal error in my systen my computer was shutting down'. I swear on my family's graves this is so true.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, magsat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

deejayy53 (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
Was it like them trying to keep you away cause of something in the room, like them helping you, or was it them telling you to get away from them because they might hurt you themselfs?
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
This is just a really, really great story. I love history and I love hotels so this one definately went in my faves. Thanks.

Peace and Love,

Hippiechick
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
I agree with zzsgranny on this one, meaning that a lot of people can relate to the feeling of "hearing but not hearing". I constantly have that, it's sort of like having someone have telepathic communication with you 😁. I also want to say good job on staying as long as you did.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
interesting story thanks for adding 😊
Have to agree with the other comments here
1 you did well to stay 5 days.
2 does sound like a possibility of high emf,
It is said they can make you feel like you and the others did.
Hope this helps
Carl
Indigo (263 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
Carla---you have spells alright! Spells of crazy broken by brief moments of insanity and Harry potter...
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
Go away Carla. You smell. No one wants to read your nonsense. Please stop whatever it is that you're doing. It's annoying. And believe me, I know annoying.
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
While I don't doubt that you experienced something real there, you should have went up there anyway and faced it and your fears. As it stands - this isn't much of a story - no offense intended
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
I know what you mean by the 'get out' feelings. I have been there myself, so you will not see me making fun of you for freaking out there. But the computer error, I think that may have been a coincidence. I do not think it was related.
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
My first instinct reading this was incredibly high emfs, which would be logical because of the feelings on the second floor, but not on the first.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
I agree with Granny, well done for toughing it out that whole time! I wonder what it was that was giving you those "messages" though?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
magsat,

This particular Hotel was once the location of a town house for a very rich family. After millions of dollars in renovations it became the Hotel St. Marie.

I wonder if the Spirit's of that Family are MAD because all these people are in their home 'uninvited'.

A more 'mundane' explanation may be 'unshielded' wiring allowing for High concentrations of EMF... The Building that now houses the Hotel is old enough they had to convert from Gas Lights to Electric Lights and this may have 'created' areas in the Hotel that have high concentrations of EMF which are know to cause feelings of discomfort, being watched, the 'get out' feeling are often reported where high EMF has been found.

So, no telling what this may have been. Thank you for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
magsat: I think there are probably quite a few members here who can relate to those "hearing but not hearing" moments... Your adrenaline starts pumping, ears start buzzing, and the words just *land* in your head...

I have to commend you for sticking it out as long as you did 😆...Good job!...

Thank you for posting! ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: