You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Night Visitations

Real Ghost Stories

Night Visitations

 

My name is Rebecca and I'm new to the site. I have been reading peoples stories and finally feel encouraged to write some of my own. Well, maybe I will just start with one and take it from there.

I grew up in a small town in Northern Ontario: Timmins. I lived with my grandparents. They had a bungalow style 3 bedroom home that was always full of love, laughter, friends and family. As far back as I can remember, even though there was always a heavy flow of people in our house I knew that there was something else there. It was at night when the major "paranormal" would occur.

I would lie down and go to sleep for the night, always knowing that I would be visited by three things. It sounds silly now that I'm writing this but my first visitor would be a First Nations North American Native. He would always be riding a horse and be fully dressed in his traditional garments, headdress with feathers and all. He would ride towards my face until he got about 25 inches away and then his form would dissipate.

My second visitor would be a cowboy, also riding on a horse. Again, as soon as the apparition was within 25 inches to my face his form would dissipate.

The final visitor would be an old English style policeman, wearing the cone style hat with a chin strap, he wore a mustache and he was always swinging his billy stick as he walked towards me. Then he would disappear like the others. All three spirits where white, but like smoke at the same time.

I grew up with them, from since I was maybe 5 to when we moved at the age of 14. As a child I was terrified, but as I got older I would tell them that I was trying to get to sleep and to stop bothering me. Sometimes they would and sometimes they wouldn't. I never understood why they were there or what they wanted.

Other things would happen to me as well, sometimes things would fall down on their own off walls or bookshelves. I always seemed to know when the phone was going to ring and who it would be. It's really amazing now that I recall and think back. There are other stories as well, lots, but I'll post this one for now.

I would love if anyone had any input on the three apparitions.

Thanks for allowing me to share.

Other hauntings by Alyssa11

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Alyssa11, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Alyssa11 (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Thanks for all the feedback and to all the warm welcomes everyone! My replies below...

Zetafornow - there were times were I could feel that there was something there but not see also. It's funny I remember the mere presence of an entity feeling like a heaviness in the air, even though you couldn't see it you could swear you could touch it. I really don't think they were there to harm me.
"Did you ever try to talk to them?" I didn't really "talk" to them... More like as I got older I asked them to leave me alone. That was the extent of my communicating with them. And yes, the last couple of years I too defiantly expected them, but deep down I think I was always still a little frightened.

JarMan - "It sounds like perhaps you were just dreaming" You could be right. I could have been dreaming. I'm not ruling that out. But every fiber in me says differently.

Caz - "I feel the fact that your visitors all approached you in the same manner before fading away at the same spot suggests a dream!" That's just it, as I mentioned to JarMan... Dreams maybe... But for such a long period is that possible?
"Where you familiar with English bobbies" I never really watched a lot of television growing up so English Bobbies was not something that I was accustomed to.
"The other possibility is that they are some sort of guardians," I would love to think that if they were guardians of sorts that they are still around. Mind you I haven't seen them or felt them since. Finding a good medium is a great suggestion. I think I will do that.

Bacchaegrl - "were the horses of normal size?" Yes, two of the apparitions were on horses. You know, I am thinking and my answer to your question would be no. The horses were not of "normal" size. (my bedroom was quite small) my visitors were never really large; they were approx 3 to 4 feet in height and maybe 2 to 3 feet wide. Some nights they would appear smaller then others. I hope that answered your question.

PrettyInPain - "Do they ever do anything different?" No, they never did anything different. If that's one thing I could count on it would be that they were defiantly consistent in their actions. They would come towards me and then just disappear...

Moongrim - "perhaps your destiny is to become a policeman?"
Well if my calling was to become a police officer I have missed it! I'm in transportation.

Again, thank you all for the input. ❤ ❤ ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
The fact that this has happened more then once tells me that this probably wasn't just your imagination or a dream, you knew they were going to show themselves to you. But how odd the characters are, do these have any significant meaning to you, your family or the home by any chance? Interesting account look forward to your others.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Well good thing that you didn't have to clean up any ghostly horseapples.

Rough guess, perhaps your destiny is to become a policeman?
PrettyInPain (3 stories) (153 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Hey there,

Thanks for sharing your story. I've read it a couple times, and I can't help but wonder if it might be a residual haunting. Do they ever do anything different? Or do they always ride (or walk) toward you, then disappear? There are a lot of possibilities with this experience, and it sure is interesting.

Warmest Wishes,
PiP
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Just so I get this straight, you saw three apparitions, two of them on horses, in your bedroom? I understand that spirits can present themselves in rather odd ways, so my question is were the horses of normal size? Did they look small when they were far away and did they seem to grow when they got closer? Maybe your bedroom is really big, but I think a horse couldn't take much more than a couple of steps in a bedroom without reaching the other side of the room. Much less gallop toward something. So did the image of these two characters on horses seem distored or odd in any way?
gannubhaibtech (32 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Good writing! The only thing that is beyond our realm is our own minds and thereby our understanding. That will provide you all the answers you need. My suggestion to all readers and members is that of all the powers that exist will power is the most potent. So if you are very much strong mentally you definitely can't be harmed by any kind of beings. No one can be subdued unless they are intimidated. So train your mind and will power and demons and ghosts will mean nothing to you even apparitions and other phenomena!
Caz (342 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Hello Rebecca, I too am new to this site! I read your story with interest! I feel the fact that your visitors all approached you in the same manner before fading away at the same spot suggests a dream! However, 9 years seems like a long time to have the same recurring dream and an English 'bobby' seems an odd character for a small Canadian girl to dream about! Where you familiar with English bobbies... Perhaps from television? The other possibility is that they are some sort of guardians, especially since native Americans are fairly common in that role, being a very spiritual people. They were closer to nature and therefor almost certainly had a better understanding of the 'natural order' of things than we city folk! If they were guardians, I doubt that they would have deserted you just because you moved house! Perhaps when you reached 'puberty', you simply stopped seeing them! If I were you, I would find a good medium and without telling them, see who if anyone, they can see around you!
JarMan (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
It sounds like perhaps you were just dreaming, since you'd go to sleep before you were "visited". Someone who is convinced they are being visited by three spirits could have reoccurring dreams. I watch a lot of Zombie flicks and I always have dreams of being torn apart by zombies.

Although there is some debate to this, there has been plenty of claims of spirits from all sorts of different time periods visiting and watching over people.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
[at] Alyssa11,
Let me see...you've got the cowboys and Indians, then you've got the cop... But no robber! Probably better off without that guy anyway. 😆
Thank you for sharing your experience. I can't wait to read the others. Welcome to YGS!

Jav 😊
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
Wow those are such strong archetypal characters, and quite an unusual trio. I can't really offer any input on how those three came to be in that house visiting you that night, but I certainly am struck by the uniqueness of the apparitions.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
Hi Alyssa:

Welcome to this site. You are just the type of person that this site needs more of; someone with some paranormal stories to share (true ones) and someone who seems to be sincere and open.

This is a very interesting story. I used to have visitors when I was young also although I never had a sight of them. I could hear them come into my room and I could feel their presence, but I could never see them. I think you might have the insight, as I believe that I do, but you may be a little stronger with it as proven by seeing these visitors.

There is nothing in your recollection that makes me believe that they are out to harm you. It seems as if they may be a sort of spirit guide, out to watch over you. Did you ever try to talk to them?

I understand how you say you felt terrified at first. I did too but after awhile, I kind of expected them and somehow felt comforted by them and then, and only then, was I able to fall asleep.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: