You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Cold Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

My Cold Bedroom

 

About ten years ago my family and I moved to Alberta from British Columbia. My parents had moved ahaed of my sister and I. Before they left I asked them to reserve the room the farthest down the hall for me, I had asked this before even seeing the house.

A couple months later we arrived at our new house. My parents had reserved the room for me like I had asked. I moved in and loved my room though it was the smallest. It was in a corner and two windows made the corner, something I had never seen before. Shortly after moving in both my parents had seen the ghost of my aunt Donna, who had passed away some 8 years before we moved and is buried in B.C., at the front sidewalk of the house.

Everything was fine at first, I had no problems and saw nothing out of the ordinary. But about 2-3 years after moving in I began to notice certain things. Sometimes when I was alone in my room I would distinctly smell cigarette smoke. My parents would always smoke outside and my window was always closed. The basement suite was being rented out to a man, but he never smoked inside either. I would smell it at different times of the day too, I am a bit of a night owl and would stay up to sometimes two in the morning reading, I would sometimes smell it then, when I knew everyone else was asleep. I was always alone when I smelled it too.

I didn't notice at first but gradually my room's temperature would drop. It was the coldest in the winter of course but I thought that was because it was the farthest room in the house, I also kept my door closed almost all the time because I played my radio at night; I don't like sleeping in silence. My parents noticed how cold it got in there too but thought the same thing I did, my door was closed too often.

It was during one of these cold nights that I first felt it. I had two blankets, one to cover me and another over top of that one. The top-most blanket I had wrapped around and tucked into my sides while I was on my back. It was late at night and I couldn't sleep bacause of the cold. I had just finished rearranging my blankets and settled down when I felt this tug on my blankets. It felt like someone had grabbed a bit of the blanket between their thumb and forefinger and tugged. Immediately I opened my eyes but I couldn't see anything, it was too dark. Eventaully I fell asleep, but not without making sure there was nothing in my room that I couldn't see. I got up and turned on the light but there was nothing there.

Over the next five years I still didn't see anything. But my room still remained cold at night. I still smelled cigarette smoke at random intervals. I would always ask and make sure that neither of my parents or the neighbour were smoking inside the house. I also felt something new that was even scarier than the blankets getting pulled on. It was always at night when I was alone in my room, I would feel something breathing very fast directly into my face. It was cold air so I could feel it clearly. And it was always over my face and felt the strongest over my nose. I would open my eyes but see nothing. It felt like it was something breathing very fast out of their nose and they were right in my face.

As long as I stayed in that house, I have since moved out last year, I always smelled or felt the same thing. One time my boyfriend even felt something in my room, he told it to leave him alone and it did. I never spoke aloud to it for fear of something answering, and my family couldn't afford moving out. Since leaving the house I still felt activity, but I'll leave that for another post.

Other hauntings by Satoshichan2

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Satoshichan2, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
The cold air leaking through windows could explain why it's colder in your room then the rest of the house. Cigarette smoke sticks to things. The previus ownder probably smoked in the room sometimes and that's what you could be smelling. It could also be your parents ciggarette smoke can also be the cause of this even if they do smoke outside. The tugging could have been a dream. The "breathing" in your face a draft.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Best guess? I'd have taken a candle and looked around the room to see where the draft was located. The fact that you were smelling cigs indicates to me that your room wasn't as airtight as you thought, not to mention your getting so chilly at night.

And I've been through Alberta in the dead of winter. It does get chilly there.
JarMan (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
A could puff of air could simply be an air current, I'd recommend looking at where you sleep and trying to find out if your room needs to be patched anywhere.

I used to have an apartment that had terrible walls and insulating. There used to be a spot by by desk where cold air would leak in under the desk and that spot was always colder the the rest.
Satoshichan2 (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Javelina,
Thank you. There are strangers living at the house where we used to live. My family still keeps contact with our old neighbours but that's as far as it goes, or as close as we get. I believe that it followed me, I haven't felt anything since recently and its been close to a year since I left. So it had to do some serching to find me, but find me it did. I can feel the breaths over my face still, colder than the surrounding area.
JarMan (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Smoke, especially cigarette smoke tends to go where it wants, when it wants. It sticks to clothes, to furniture, to just about everything. I stored some old drapes at my Mother's house in the attic and they smell like cigarette smoke (my Mother and step Dad smoke.)

A cold room isn't really an indication of the paranormal. There's lots of reasons why your room could be cold. It could be poor insulation, it could be chinks in the house's walls, roof or foundation. Even windows can transfer cold and hot temperatures. Unless you had storm windows or specifically had your windows insulated, they could easily cause your room to be cold.

The tugging on your bed could have easily just had been a dream. It's quite easy to hear, see or feel things while you are in the twilight.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Satoshichan2,
Welcome to YGS!
What exactly did you mean by "Since leaving the house I still felt activity"? Do you mean that it followed you to your new residence? Or you still feel it is there when you go over to visit?

Jav

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: