You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Something Or Nothing At Work?

Real Ghost Stories

Something Or Nothing At Work?

 

This is my 1st story on here. So tell me what you think?

It's only been my 2nd day on the job so I don't know much about the store, apart from the building is 120 years old.

It was about 5pm and I was working alone on the very top floor of the store, which is technically an attic but we use it to store stock and use one of the offices as a staff room. I can honestly say that nobody else was in the stock room with me because I was working next to the door for the stairs and I would have heard somebody come up through the lift because they have two heavy metal doors on that you have to slam shut.

I was filling up a cage with empty boxes, as told to do, because this store room is a complete mess and really needs a proper clean, which is now my job. Every now and again I'd get the feeling that somebody was watching me. So obviously I'd have a quick glance up but never saw anything but I think that was down to me being alone in a silent room.

This particular stock room is that quiet that you could honestly hear a pin drop, so when I heard the next thing it made me a bit more aware. What I heard was footsteps, but not big heavy ones; ones that seemed to be like they were tying to sneak up on me. As I said before, nobody could have been in that room with me, because I was working next to the stairs and I would have heard the lift.

The final thing that happened before I left that room was in the same place I heard the footsteps. We have Christmas stock all stored away and unopened. I was just finishing up filling up my 6th cage ready for the bin men when I heard a Christmas song playing. My bet would be it was coming from one of those Santa things that play a tune when you press a button. First thing I did was try to find which box it was coming from, but with so many boxes to climb over I didn't stand a chance. So I just left it at that and left the room.

I'm back in that room tomorrow and I'm hoping that the little Christmas tune goes off again just so I know it wasn't a one off.

I must admit never once did I feel like I was in danger. I was kind of intrigued.

Please feel free to comment.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Greeny, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-04)
Well, I was actually thinking that maybe the Christmas tune going off could of been a mouse/mice or rats, is this a possibilty?
Other than that, it definately could've been a Spirit or Spirits. I would definately reccommend asking about the History of the Building, I think that you'll be surprised.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-03)
And Olivia, I have looked at your profile and every one of your comments are of this nature, not one commenting on an experience you find interesting, or possible or enjoyable. Why are you here if you are just targeting posts that you feel are "full as Bs" as you put on another post?
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-03)
Thanks for sharing your story! I'm glad you were of open mind and were not feeling threatened by the oddities that occurred. True, it could have been dying batteries or sudden pressure from a slight box shift that could have set off the tune or, it could have been paranormal. We will never know unless it happens again, then you might locate the batch of toys and note if any others in the batch go off (same battery life length).
The footsteps though, we have the ability to feel when we are being sneaked up upon and they do give off energy that makes us physically respond. Any hairs go up, tingles or feeling chilly? I can hear my cat walk across carpet so I don't doubt you heard footsteps.
Keep a journal of your experiences. It would be cool if something, other than a rodent, was trying to make itself be known! Try saying hello I'm glad to meet you and see what happens.

Thanks again for sharing!
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
have to agree with the other comments on this one.
Check the history on the building it might shed some light on things.
If something does happen again talk, as questions and see if there is any kind of response.
Is the chrismas stuff new or old stock? I know shops get there stock in early so was wondering about the batteries like Missy M mentioned.

Also you could try mentioning to some of the older staff there how you feel working up there in the attic/store room you might find someone who has felt or heard the same kind of thing, I say the older staff as younger ones might just use it as a way of playing pranks on the newbe (been there had it done)
Anyway I hope you keep this updated if anything happens again or you find any information
Carl
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
So, you just started a new job and day 2 your up in the loft and think it's haunted because the buildings old, you didn't really see anything but you felt watched, and heard a Christmas tune from the decorations stored in a box.

Being in the attic of an old building can make anyone feel uneasy. Maybe you just spooked yourself out. The Christmas tune could have been cause by maybe rodents or dying batteries (I know when my son's toys are low on batteries they like to go off randomly). Unless something dermaticly unexplainable happens try to think more logically before jumping on the paranormal bandwagon.
Nighthingale23 (60 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
Hi, thank you for sharing your story. Humn looks like someone at your job has a sence of hummor lol, well as you say the building is quite old so maybe its just a recident spirit. Do you know anything about the history of the place? I work graveyard shift at a hotel little things often happen here too, I just don't pay attention, most of them are harmless pranksters. Well keep us posted on the events!
Take care and God bless.
😊
ghostGuy (45 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
See if there is an established pattern, in that someone may be trying to get your attention.
Where you hear and see the occurrences is often where the entity is at the moment.
If it becomes apparent it is real, act as if they were alive, verbally that is.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: