You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Spooks At Work

Real Ghost Stories

Spooks At Work

 

Where I work in Carlisle, England we have multiple hauntings. At first I thought I was seeing things but after a while I realised they were real. There are three different figures in three locations. They watch us as we work and are no trouble! We had a new person start and within days she too was seeing these apparitions.

This isn't the first time I have had this. Whilst working in a hotel on Lake Ullswater I was finishing my shift on reception one evening when I saw a lovely old lady looking at me and smiling. I smiled back as one would. I then left the desk and was surprised that she had vanished! I mean totally gone. When I told my boss she just casually informed me it was the ghost of an old lady who lived there when it was a private house. After that I saw her on quite a regular basis. I am taking these as residual ghosts. The old lady however seemed so real and really did have the loveliest smile and just came across as very kind.

On a final note my house is haunted. Again an old lady (what is it with them)!. I see her in the garden by the back door a lot. She is near on crystal clear to behold and seems to look approvingly upon us. She has been seen in the house itself. Once walking straight through the living room and giving me quite a fright as I wasn't expecting such a visit. She often appears upstairs which is where she spent her final days sadly. My daughter who is 8 years of age regularly feels a presence especially when she awakes in the evening. Happily declaring to have seen the nice old granny.

It is lovely to have had such lovely ghostly encounters, I have had many more and will relay them another time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, johnfitzalan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-14)
John - Nice positive experiences you've had - I love those.

I would be interested to know whether the ghosts you saw at the office were also female. I've often wondered why I normally tend to encounter the male variety 😊

Regards, Melda
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-12)
Hi, John.

Not intending to be sexist, but it just seems to me that some women, being homemakers, want to be sure their houses are being properly cared for.

Just a thought.
MysticFrance (5 stories) (95 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-12)
Hi John,

Interesting story! I hope we'd hear more from you!

Best regards.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: