You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: From Work To Home

Real Ghost Stories

From Work To Home

 

A couple months ago I posted a story about a possible haunting at my workplace called "Rural Workplace Haunting". And ever since then I have begun to notice some strange activity at home as well. One Saturday I had woke up in the morning and went downstairs to have breakfast, everything was normal. After breakfast I went back upstairs and found that a night light that is in the upstairs hallway was laying on the floor a couple feet away from the outlet that it was plugged into. I hadn't walked passed it earlier so I know I didn't knock it out of the outlet on accident. But initially I just assumed it wasn't plugged in all the way or something and maybe it just fell out when I shut a door or some other logical explanation.

After that I started to see things in my house, the sort of stuff where you think you see someone out of the corner of your eye but by the time you actually look that direction there is nothing there. Besides that I would be in my living room and I could swear I heard someone walking upstairs like actual footsteps, not just random pops and creaks. But again I would go to investigate it and as soon as I would start up the stairs it would stop.

One night I was sleeping in my bedroom and I woke up to some noises in the hallway outside my bedroom, it sounded like someone was sneaking down the hallway, I was quite startled so I grabbed a gun that I keep in a safe under my bed and went to investigate and again found nothing and no sign that anyone was there.

I feel that I should also mention that roughly 6 months ago I purchased one of those Canary security cameras that connects to your phone that detects movement inside the house. The only time I ever got notifications was occasionally when the camera would switch from IR to non IR in the morning (and even then it wouldn't actually notify me it would just save the clip), and when a cars headlights would shine through the window at night. That was until this morning, I left my house around 7:00 AM to go to work and about 20 minutes later I got a notification saying that activity had been detected, I pulled over and opened my app and watched the video. Initially when I watched it I thought it was just dust blowing through the house. But then I started to question it, especially since its never been set off by dust particles before. As I looked closer at the object I also realized it was leaving a trail behind it as it moved through the room which seemed unusual. It's a 12MP camera so it isn't like its a extremely grainy video or anything like that. But being the skeptic I am I'm still not 100% convinced it's paranormal but it did strike me as a bit strange. I was doing some research online and found that most people say dust particles are typically symmetrical and a true paranormal orb is normally an odd shape, after zooming in on the object in my video I found that it is not symmetrical at all. Again not saying it's an actual orb because orbs always made me roll my eyes and yell dust! But it does have me wondering if maybe there is more to the orb situation than I always thought.

I also kept a copy of the video and I will try to upload it somewhere in case anyone wants to look at it and give me their opinion. Fingers crossed that it's dust!

Other hauntings by Thor220

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Dakota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Thor220, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Thor220 (4 stories) (15 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-22)
Hello Biblio, I posted 3 different videos on YouTube that you are welcome to take a look at. The link to one of them is https://youtu.be/c8gdCu_X2TQ. From there you should be able to see the other 2 videos as well. As for your insect idea I would say I'm fairly confident that's not the case. It's winter time here and the temps have been well below freezing for the last several months and insects are basically non existent here this time of year. Feel free to take a look and let me know what you think! Thanks!
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-20)
Greetings, Thor.

I, too, tend to roll my eyes at orbs as "evidence" in film and on camera. My go-to reaction, though, tends to be "insect." A fast-moving insect or bug (they are different) would have a lopsided, asymmetrical appearance in a camera image, especially if it is a a beetle with a hard wing-case raised away from the delicate wigs. These pests only appear go be symmetrical when flying directly toward or away from the camera.

That said, I have seen one orb photograph (submitted to YGS about a year ago) for which I offered up multiple explanations and had to unpick each one until I was left conceding that if the image was genuine, it was most likely an orb. I look forward to seeing a link to your clip.

Best,
Biblio.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-12)
It's hard to say if something has followed you home from your work place, considering that spirits tend to stay around places that meant something to them while still on this plane.

So either if you are dealing with a new ghost or not, it would be a good idea to perform a blessing or cleansing of your house according to your personal beliefs.
There're plenty of cleansing methods on the internet to choose from or, if you like, go to the profile page of 'rookdygin', one of the members of this forum and check his own cleansing method.

Good luck and keep us posted.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: